• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The real update: Dedede can float like Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Great discovery! He's a floaty heavy penguin in a robe, with a hammer. HOW MUCH BETTER WILL HE GET?

Hong

The Strongest
We still don't know if it's multiple jumps, or a single smooth gliding motion like the original. :/

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one that doesn't think he fits in? I can't put my finger on it. He looks a little too cartoony? I don't know.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Honestly right now, it's just speculation...
That could just be the start of a jump...though I also wish they keep him true to the game and have him have some kind of floaty jump thing like Kirby or Pit.

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that doesn't think he fits in? I can't put my finger on it. He looks a little too cartoony? I don't know.
I don't know what game you think you're playing, but this is Super Smash Brothers, as it turns out. It is not possible for a character not to fit it aesthetically because there are no style guidelines that all characters have to conform to. That's why Snake can fight Kirby and Lucas without it looking strange. Even if a new character looks weird at first, it'll seem perfectly normal once you start playing it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think it'll be his glide.

In the games that move seems to work like it.
He blows himself up like a Balloon...Balloons don't glide...

I highly doubt it would be a glide...It may be multiple jumps...that would make sense though that is not really what he does...But that's just as logical as assuming he is gliding...which he doesn't do either

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Remember how people said Wavedashing was in becaue of 1 screen showing air dodging?

Don't make assumptions based on screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom