• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Truth, My Story

Sandy

Smash Champion
Prologue
The Hero of Wind jumps up to bury the Master Sword in my head. As the Sword touches my scalp, memories flood back in...all of my life came flashing before my eyes, ever since I had lived to the Gerudos till now...

I had always hated my name. The last syllable always provided a good excuse for people to make fun of me for. Mayhaps that is why I was so evil.
When I was little, I had very little friends my gender. In fact, given my race, Gerudos, I had no friends my gender. It was only when I finally left the Valley when I found out that I was not the only male in the world.

It was not until I was seven that I found that that I was supposed to be the Gerudo King.
“A great ruler? Me?” I had asked of my mother. “But nobody likes me.”
It had been true at the time. No one had liked me. But, when I gained power at fifteen, it turned different. Whenever I passed, a Gerudo was bowing down low, curtseying, or would stop their work. When I asked why they did that, they explained, “I am too low to have you see me toil away under the hot sun. ’Twould ruin thy eyes, my King.”
When I was nineteen I heard that Hylians had found an entrance to the Sacred Realm and the Triforce in the Desert long, long ago. I was enraged. Who dare enter my Valley!
I gathered up a score of my followers to scour the land. I was not sure if they had been telling the truth. Had they been trying to make me look like a fool?

Just as I was about to give up, one of my followers sat down on a rock and fell through. I leapt down after her to find a beautiful and luscious land that looked just like Hyrule. The Sacred Realm!

“King, mayhaps we should stock up on supplies and search for the Triforce later,” suggested a pretty Gerudo, Nabooru. She was my second-in-command, the female chieftain if I was slain. “It may take hours, days, weeks, months, to find where the Triforce’s exact location is.”

I gave out my first compliment ever. “Good point, Nabooru. All right, let’s go! Up to Hyrule! To the desert!” When we arrived back at the rock (which I had marked with making a square in the sand around it), I took out my twin swords and slew my followers. I didn’t need them now! I would rule Hyrule my whole life! No one could stop me, not even Din, Farore, or Nayru!
I was so blinded by power that I didn’t notice one of my followers get up on her knees and crawl away. Nabooru!

I laughed and wiped away the square around the magical rock entrance. I then kicked the rock, expecting to go through it. Instead, I got a sharp pain in my foot.
“Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!!!” I screamed in fury. “This is impossible!”
They had locked up the entrance to the Sacred Realm!!!!!!!!!! I took out my swords and began hitting the rock. When it did not break, not at all, I went about slicing up the corpses of my old followers. Not even then did I notice that there were only nineteen corpses.

It was a while before I calmed down. I decided to wage war on the Hylians, who I need had closed up the Sacred Realm entrance. I called on creatures that had nothing else to do and my Gerudos. They fought. When I was atop my black stallion, Midnight, I saw a couple racing away. The woman was clutching something to her chest. I ordered a Gerudo to shoot them with arrows. The Gerudo got the man. He stumbled and fell. The woman stopped to help him, but the man gasped out, “Save our son!”

The woman, her eyes shining with unshed tears, raced away. I ordered the Gerudo to kill the woman. The Gerudo got her on the shoulder! She didn’t kill the woman! The Gerudo escaped before I could kill her for that blunder. I didn’t know this at the time, but that woman was carrying a boy named Link. The woman got hurt by flashing sword and stones from slings and slingshots. As she stumbled into the forest, she was already dying. She saw some small children grouping around her. A girl with green clothes and green hair came forward and asked, in a worried and kindly voice, “What is wrong?”
“Please, save my son from the horrors out there,” rasped the woman. Blood spilled from her wounds and her eyelids closed forever. The green-haired girl, who I believe is called Sara or Saria, took the blonde haired blue eyed boy into her arms. She held the young boy close and promised the woman, “I will be his best friend.”

Those words fell upon deaf ears. Link’s mother was dead.
I lost the fight. I lost the war. I had waged a war for two years and now there was nothing gained. I retreated to the Valley. For a year I hid there, hoping that no one would recognize me. I then went to the King of Hyrule. I gave a large, sweeping bow to him.
“My lord!” I murmured as I straightened up. “It seems that you have cleaned up from the war.”

“That you began?” replied the King coolly. I grimaced.
“My dear King, I was given false information,” I lied. “I had been told that the entrance to the Sacred Realm, the one in the desert, had been sealed. I had been searching for the Triforce to make me prosperous.” “Oh?” drawled the King.

“To make me prosperous after I enriched Hyrule, of course,” I added on hopefully.
The King raised an eyebrow. Curses. He was not as gullible as I thought.
“We have made another entrance to the Sacred Realm. Not even I know were it is.”
I knew that he was dismissing me. My blood boiled. I pointed a threatening finger at the King. “This is not the last that you have heard of Ganondorf Dragmire!”
It was nine years later when I went back to form another truce. The King accepted this time and I knew that this time, I would gain the Triforce...

I heard about a little boy going on a quest to get these jewels. I didn’t take much notice until I heard that the jewels were worth a lot...the Kokiri’s Emerald, the Goron’s Ruby and Zora’s Sapphire all sounded to be of wealth. I hopped upon Midnight and galloped into Hyrule Castle Town to capture the beautiful princess, Princess Zelda. She and her nursemaid, a Sheikan named Impa, raced out on a white mare. I wheeled Midnight around and chased after the two. When I came out, I saw this boy. He was dressed in green clothes and had blonde hair. The Princess threw something into the moat of the castle. I gave an evil grin to the boy and chased after Zelda and Impa.

After a bit I gave up chasing their horse. I hate to admit it, but their horse had obviously been treated with love and care and wanted to please its mistress and was much faster. I, on the other hand, had scared my horse into doing things for me. How else could I have trained it?

I entered Hyrule Castle Town and caught snatches of a conversation:
“This boy, he dashes through the town to the Temple of Time.”
“What d’ye think he’s going to do there, eh?”
“And why did he have such a scared expression on his face?”
The next conversation I heard was about me.
“It’s him! The Gerudo King!”

“Hey, you, King Ganondorf! Have you come to wreak havoc on us, eh? Or just to have us kill your minions?” That was greeted with hearty guffaws. I turned to the townspeople and yelled, “The Triforce will be in my hands and when I get it, I will turn you all into zombies! You will become horrifying creatures and will never escape!”
They laughed at this. I ran through the crowd, towards the Temple of Time. Of course! What better place to hide the Sacred Realm than there?
When I entered, I saw the boy, Link, pulling a sword – the Master Sword! – out of a pedestal. I lunged forward and rasped, “Thank you for showing me the way to the Sacred Realm, boy.”

I fell into the Sacred Realm...right in front of the Triforce. I rambled on a long list of what I wanted. “I wish that the townspeople who mocked me to become zombies...No, something worse than zombies...ReDeads! I want an army of minions. There will be plenty of them! A whole horde...a huge one, so that not even all of the Hylians, Sheikans, and Gerudos can defeat me. I will win! I want this land to be covered in darkness. I want to rule this world!” I rambled on about what my minions would be like. I then approached the Triforce and laid a finger on it. I will win!

My wish came true. For seven years I was the ruler. Then, something horrific happened. I saw the boy Link again! Worst of all, he could time-travel! I was enraged. That boy with a talkative light bulb with wings as a sidekick was trying to defeat me!
I did all I could to defeat this...this...this...this “Hero of Time.” When he went back in time, I tried to steal things he needed as an adult...but the stupid boy was always a step ahead of me!

One day, I heard a sound of battle in my lair. I asked a minion what was going on and heard the horrific news: Link had entered my castle and was going to kill me!
I fought savagely. It was impossible to beat this guy, though. In the end, he was the one to deliver the final blow. They all believed that Link had killed me but he had not. He had merely made me hover between Life and Death in the Sacred Realm.

For hundred of years I was in between Life and Death. Fate could not choose where to place me. In the end, Fate placed me in Life. I was grateful. I waged another war against Hyrule, with all of my minions. I won. As I was about to bring my sword down on the King, King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, I was stopped. I was standing still in time. My Moblins and Darknuts were still. Daphnes and I looked around, confused. Three orbs, red, green, and blue, came down. Din...Farore...Nayru! I bowed low to them, and then the Three Great Goddesses turned into replicas of three beautiful women.

Din had fiery red hair and light brown eyes. Her eyes shone with the light of battle. She wore a long dress that seemed to be made of flames. Even though she was three yards away from me and the King, I could feel her heat. She looked at me with a mixture of pride and hatred: pride because I wielded her Triforce piece, and hatred because of what I was doing to the world she had helped to create.

Farore had green hair cut down to a bit below her earlobes and lime green eyes. Beneath all of my awe, she reminded me of the Kokiri girl named Saria. She wore a green tunic and a green, soft skirt. The angry look on her pretty face read, “Do you worst, Dragman Ganon. I fear no Gerudo.”

Nayru was looking at me with a calm face. Her pale face was lined with sea-blue curls and two perfect cobalt eyes set right above and to the side of her nose. Her cherry-colored lips were curved into a frown. Not of hatred or confusion, but of...disappointment. That made my stomach turn. Nayru looked like one of the innocent girls that I had driven out of their house, ruined their lives, made them orphans...I shook myself, sending a shudder through my body. Nayru made all of the things I had done turn back on me. Before my eyes flashed the visions of a village on fire. Instead of a little girl weeping as she obeyed her mother’s orders to run, run and save her life, to forget her mother, it was me. I was a little boy, crying and stumbling over rocks, screaming as horses and escaped cattle stampeded by, and not even caring that they broke an arm or a leg when they saw me, Ganondorf Dragmire, emerging through the flames and smoke...

I forced myself to look at the powerful face of Din, then the courageous face of Farore, and finally the wise face of Nayru, to meet them all in the eyes, and to have the same message in my eyes: “I am Ganondorf Dragmire. I will win in the end.”
Din turned to Farore and Nayru. She spoke words, yet not aloud. Her voice sounded like a flickering flame and a crackling fire. Her voice was soft and gentle, yet she had the harshest voice of all. My dear sisters, what shall we do with this villain?
Farore gave a small smile. Her voice sounded like birds chirping and leaves rustling, and occasionally a bee droning. What can we do with him? He is a cruel man. Death would be too good for him; they will think that we are weak.

Nayru’s voice was the softest. It sounded like a bubbling and chuckling stream when she began to talk, but at the end of her piece, when she got angrier, her voice was the sound of crashing waves in a thunderstorm. When the gentle goddess got angry, she had a harsher voice then steel grating against steel.

Even though it is hard to believe that we would make something so heartless, so vile, so disgustingly despicable, he and his Gerudos were our creation. He had defied the order and balance and had messed up the world we created. Did he not realize that the world he was destroying was his, too! Did this Gerudo slug not think about the big picture and only about himself! Did Ganondorf Dragmire not realize that, if he destroys Hyrule, that he will be Dragman Ganon, King of Ruined Castles and Broken Buildings? Of Monsters and ReDeads? Of dirt and filth!

The waves crashed around me. I almost felt as if the seawater would capture me and drown me. I had not thought of all of that. How could I have been such an idiot? What would I rule, once I had won? I had won, once, and had ruled...oh, yes, Princess Zelda. But the only plans I had had for her was for her to bear my children. Then, she may as well have jumped into the lava pit beneath my castle. And why, oh why, had I turned those people into ReDeads? What good does it do? Zombies can’t be slaves! Those Moblins are thickheads! How could they understand orders that aren’t: “Find intruders and capture them”?

So I had been stupid. But still, I would have had my revenge. If I had had the Triforce, I would had wished for Link to be dead, for everyone to be my slave...I had been blinded by my own greed and stupidity! And look at where Fate had put me. In front of the harshest jury of all, a jury that could never be hung. I was standing in front of the Three Great Goddesses. Oh, and guess what? They were on that stupid Daphnes’ side! What horrible, stinking, rotten luck.

But I kept on looking at the Goddesses. I wasn’t going to do anything they wanted!
Let’s do SOMETHING with this...this...this Gerudo, Din finally suggested. Her angriness made her voice sound like roaring flames in a forge.

Do what, though? What can we do with the villain? asked Farore. Her voice sounded like the groaning of trees as they were bent back in a gale when she was angry.
We must get rid of Hyrule. It has caused too much distress. Grab the Gerudo, Fire Sister. Plant Sister, grab the King. Nayru’s voice sounded like the wind screaming across the ocean right before a storm as she tried to force herself to stay calm.
The Goddesses obeyed. I was grabbed by Din. She did not touch me, but she held herself in such a way that I always believed that I had been touched by a Goddess.
We’re sorry, Hyrule, Din whispered. Farore waved good-bye to the plants and trees. She and Din then made magic come from their hands. A large, magical barrier protected a good portion of Hyrule. I was disappointed to see that they did not cover my Valley.
Farore then gently placed the King inside of the Castle.

Take care of yourself, instructed Farore. She and Nayru then did a powerful magical movement and whispered something in the language of the Goddesses. All of the inhabitants of Hyrule were swept up into their grasp. Din chose a Kokiri boy and a Zoran girl and gave them powers. Later, I learned that they would be Sages.
Then, all of the Kokiris were turned into small, wood-like creatures with leaf masks to cover their faces. Farore sent them to a talking tree, the “Great Deku Tree”. The Zoras were turned into bird-like humans that Nayru christened “Ritos”. She sent them to live with a dragon.

Nayru grabbed the seas and waters of Hyrule and raised them. Water rolled down into Hyrule, covering it up. I gave a gasp.
It’s not that special, replied Nayru coolly. All gods and goddesses, depending on their power, can make enough of it so that it will cover a full planet.
When the water was done, all that remain were the tops of mountains. Din sighed and flattened out the mountains, making islands.
Din, Farore, and Nayru sent the Hylians to different islands. Slowly, and sadly, they gently wiped the memories of the Hylians, making them believe that they had always been living on this sea...

Din then carried me to a forlorn island. She settled me there and told me, We will make sure that there is someone who will hold my Plant Sister’s Triforce. He will wield the Master Sword. If you try to rise against our powers, we will make sure that he will come and defeat you.

After she left, I salvaged rocks and building materials. It took me years to do it all by myself, but I finally did it. I made a fortress.

I named it the Forbidden Fortress. In Ancient Hylian, though, its name was different. Its name was “Rarjair dwong Ganondorf’s Farmiaredoth”...Fort of Ganondorf’s Revenge!

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
An interesting story from an unusual POV. Well, you got kudos for gaining my attention. I like your writing style, but you need to know when to cut out the hypethetical questions sometimes. I feel like your asking me too much of them, and I get a litle bored as a result. Other then that I had no real problems with it.

Akebo Rating of Entertainment: 4/5. Good job!

Sandy

Smash Champion
The Years Past
I wanted to rule this new land like I had ruled Hyrule. But I still remembered Din’s warning. Should I try to take over, or not? It was a tough decision.
To pass my time I called up all of my minions. I grabbed random rodents and bats and transformed them into minions. The rats became Rats, and bats became Keese. The Keese were spies for me, for they could pass as bats.

I then combined a vulture and a beautifully plumed bird that has no name. They were turned into Kargoroks. Then, I needed something to warn travelers not to come here. I rode in the claws of three Kargoroks to fly around the world. It took me four years, but finally I found a giant bird. I showed it who the boss around here was. I tormented it until it followed me. I showed it where it would stay until its dying days. I showed it a picture of my nemesis, Link.

“If you see Link, bring him to me. I will tell you what to do with him.”
I had my plans for revenge. And let me tell you, I was going to torture this boy till his eyes bled.
One day, as I looked outside on the sea, I saw this lone woman and a girl, obviously mother and daughter, sailing on a large ship. Then I saw a head poke up from the crow’s nest. For a second I thought about shooting them all on the boat, but then thought better of it. I watched them intently then called out in a gruff voice, “Hoi! What d’ye want from us?”

I grimaced at the slip of tongue. Us!
“We are fearless pirates and will fight against you,” yelled the mother. “I am Cap’n Salmyunna. This is my daughter, Tetra!” The girl, Tetra, seemed to be no older than eight. I chuckled at Salmyunna’s bravery.
“You are a fool. We are pirates, too, and will kill you with a single shot!”
I crooked at finger at two Moblins. They blundered up. I pointed at the ship.
“Kill them.”

The Moblins hurled their spears. Salmyunna and Tetra ducked out of the way, but one of the spears Tetra through the foot, making her scream, and another hit the man in the crow’s nest’s shoulder.
“Next time, name your child after something other than a type of fish,” I jeered. The boat sailed off.
Over the next four years I battled the pirates. I never showed my face, for they might recognize it from the old tales. There is a tale, a very old tale, the only thing that the Goddesses allowed the Hylians to remember.

“Long ago, there existed a kingdom where a golden power lay hidden. It was a prosperous land blessed with green forests, tall mountains, and peace. But one day, a man of great evil found the golden power and took it for himself. With its strength at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil’s bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy’s tale was passed down through generations until it became legend. But then, a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom. The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the Hero once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume its dark designs. The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them. But the Hero did not appear. Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the gods. In their last hour, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate. What became of that kingdom...? None remain who know. The memory of the kingdom vanished, but its legend survived on the wind’s breath. On a certain island it became customary to garb boys in green when they came of age. Clothed in the green of fields, they aspired to find heroic blades and cast down evil. The elders wished only for the youths to know courage like the hero of legend...

“Ha! Man of great evil my eye!” I snarled, drawing one of my twin swords and ripped the parchment into shreds. It was as dead of the Hero of Time.
“Hoi, you! Cap’n Dragman!” I turned to look at the sea. There was the woman with her daughter. As she waved her cutlass, I saw something triangular and gold glint on a necklace.
“Cap’n Salmyunna, how are you, dear friend?” I called out in a chummy voice. I knew what that glint of gold was and I needed it... “I’m not your friend,” pointed out Salmyunna.
“Come now,” I began in a coaxing voice, “must we fight? Come up here and have a cup of tea, please. Just you and your daughter.”

“If you insist,” sighed Salmyunna. “But I’m bringing my blade with me!” Salmyunna rapped out orders to her crew and one of them presented Tetra with a cutlass. Tetra clutched it in her fist and I whispered to a Bokoblin, “Open the gates. Be friendly. Put that machete away!!”
The Bokoblin swaggered out of the room, shoving his machete into his belt.
I had a feast prepared. For a while Salmyunna and I chatted about nothing in particular; I made sure that I held her attention long enough so that she couldn’t get a good look around the fortress.
“It’s a nice place, isn’t it?” I asked when I noticed Salmyunna glancing around the room.
“Yes. It is.”

“I’d give it to you...” I trailed off to watch Salmyunna’s face. She was surprised at this gift, yet also suspicious. “I’d give it to you if I got something in return.”
Salmyunna drew her daughter closer to her as though she thought that I wanted Tetra as a slave or something. I laughed.
“What would I do with a ten-year-old girl?” I chortled. “No. I want...” I fixed my eyes on the necklace she had, “that necklace.”
I lunged out a hand and tried to rip the gold jewel, a Triforce piece, from its fine chain. Salmyunna drew her cutlass, but she didn’t use the weapon. Instead, something of powerful magic stung my hand and made me retract. “Only the rightful owner can hold this necklace,” snapped Salmyunna, “and the next rightful owner will be my daughter.”

“Yes,” I replied silkily, “but if the rightful owner is killed, then anyone can claim it!”
I lunged forward, my swords drawn. Tetra screamed as Salmyunna drew her cutlass and ripped off her necklace. Salmyunna yelled, “Tetra, I give ye this necklace! Wear it with care! Protect it with thy life!”
Tetra threw on the necklace and fumbled for her sword.
“You are now the cap’n,” continued Salmyunna, parrying my attack. “Run, Tetra, run!”
Tetra obeyed and dashed out of the door. I gutted Salmyunna and let her to die in the tower. I chased Tetra down through the fortress, yelling, “Get that girl! Kill her!”
But she escaped. I cussed loudly as she swam towards the ship, hollering, “Pull me up! Sail away! My mother is dead; she named me cap’n! Hurry!” “Yes, Miss Tetra!” called down a man of around middle twenties.

“Hurry Gonzo!” Tetra panted, tears falling down her face to mix with the salt water. The ship sailed away.
“This isn’t the end, Tetra,” I leered as they disappeared from sight. “Oh, no, it’s not.”
I stormed back to the tower where Salmyunna lay. As I walked, I felt the rounded tip of my ear. Only Gerudos have rounded ears; true Hylians have pointed ears. Now that Hylians are gone, only those descendants of the important Hylians have long and pointed ears.

I picked up the dead body and as about to throw it into the sea when I noticed something strange about Salmyunna that I hadn’t noticed before. She had pointed ears.
I searched through my memory. So did Tetra! All of the other pirates had had rounded ears. As I flung Salmyunna out the window, I roared, “Zelda, you’re MINE!!!”

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Captilization, much? That's what this mainly is. I liked the "legend". Was it from OoT?

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thought so. Anyways, limit the Exclamation points down to at most two or three. it gets kind of annoying at 8 of them.

Top Bottom