• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The real genius behind Smash Ultimate.

Graizen

Smash Champion
From the moment I saw that this game would be the way it will be, I realized that there is a huge genius move behind everything. The fact that we have something so absurdly huge in our hands is unbelievable.

Apart from the fact that the Switch is an incredible console that is selling millions of times more than the other consoles and also selling more than its father the WiiU, thus becoming one of the most popular handsets of the generation.

We know very well that the Super Smash Bros fanbase is huge and close-knit, you will hardly see any fanbase coming together the way it does here. We'll even find people creating mathematical calculations on how to improve every aspect of a character. Counting also the competitive scenario that grows each year, and that was able to keep a very old game on the rise for many years.
But the big flaw in all this was the fact that every time a new game in the series was about to begin, everyone already knew that a portion of the characters would be cut to make room for new fighters. This may not seem like much to a lot of people, but it always ended up driving away a lot of players who lost their favorite fighters in the process.

So we had four game interactions, and in all of them we had cuts of characters. This affected the fanbase in many different ways, some people simply abandoned Smash Bros, others changed their favorite fighters to try to settle in and continue.
But the big point to be noticed here is that Smash Bros is always the same! Even if they change the characters, the graphics and even the gameplay in certain points.

What many fail to realize is that what really makes Smash Bros what it has always been is the Characters and the Players.

When you think of dealing with the Smash Bros Fanbase, you need to think of thousands of different people, with different tastes, different ways of playing and even thinking. So the biggest Super Smash Bros problem in history, and that needed to be fixed as soon as possible, needed to be corrected now.

And they did it.

They literally caught all Smash Bros fighters from the game's history, and put them all together inside the new game. Can you imagine what that means? The size of the result?
Not only that but they are also putting old gameplay mechanics, improving characters, bringing new things. And even bringing all the Stages of all the games back.
Besides of course they are adding new characters and new Stages. They are not only fixing the biggest problem of Smash Bros, they are adding more new and creative things together.

Do you want to understand the power it has? To start is very simple, just go to the part of this same Forum where you can discuss all the characters of Smash Bros Ultimate. You will see that all players are coming together, discussing each character, understanding, creating, imagining, participating, helping each other.
This my friends is the true spirit of Super Smash Bros.
And what Sakurai is doing is exactly that, he's gathering everyone in a single game. Not just the characters, but also the players.
If you play SSBB using Snake or Wolf, you're going to have a home here too!
If you play SSBM with Pichu or Young Link, you'll have a home here too!
Want new characters? You have!
Want SSB WiiU and 3DS characters? You have!

All this in an incredible console, which allows you to play where you want, with whom you want.

The real genius behind Smash Ultimate. is to make everyone together!
And they succeeded.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
No Bomberman and Agumon, though. RIP.

I just realized, with how the Pokemon Trainer works, it could be done to digivolve Agumon into Wargreymon and his other evolution. Would have been a very good character, but I suppose there's still hope with the unannounced characters.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
No Bomberman and Agumon, though. RIP.

I just realized, with how the Pokemon Trainer works, it could be done to digivolve Agumon into Wargreymon and his other evolution. Would have been a very good character, but I suppose there's still hope with the unannounced characters.

We have not seen all the characters in the game yet.
We still have many opportunities!
Even as future DLCs.

Top Bottom