• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Queen of Rock! The Great Barbara the Bat Support Thread!

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh, yeah! I was aware of this, but I wasn't certain if this was supposed to be a "super-deformed" Barb or Barb during her younger years.
She resembles her brother very much in that form so it's not like it's out of style. Also that image comes from Daigasso! Band Brothers P "Debut" version. Which was a free demo of sorts but it's interesting how they use the word "Debut" like it's Barbara's first time as a musician. I don't know. I'm only guessing. If we had a person who could read Japanese I'm sure a lot of misconceptions would be cleared up.

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
Daigasso Band Bros (and its sequel) is legitimately my favorite DS game, and an underrated masterpiece. While her odds have gotta be pretty low, I'd love to see Barbara Bat get a starring role in Smash!

(or at the very least, maybe we could get a Band Bros on Switch...)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Daigasso Band Bros (and its sequel) is legitimately my favorite DS game, and an underrated masterpiece. While her odds have gotta be pretty low, I'd love to see Barbara Bat get a starring role in Smash!

(or at the very least, maybe we could get a Band Bros on Switch...)
We could hope for something. Maybe it's just me, but Barbara seems to have gotten a lot of exposure over the last 5-6 years, so hopefully all of it amounts to something (though I'm not holding my breath...)

Anyways, here's a question for you all: If Barb gets into Smash, should she get voice acting?

TriforceBun

Smash Apprentice
We could hope for something. Maybe it's just me, but Barbara seems to have gotten a lot of exposure over the last 5-6 years, so hopefully all of it amounts to something (though I'm not holding my breath...)

Anyways, here's a question for you all: If Barb gets into Smash, should she get voice acting?
Sure. She had a huge amount of voiced dialogue in Band Bros DX after all.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Wow I can’t believe I forgot Barbara she holds the same place in my heart as Ray and Issac now.

I support
In terms of ATs getting promoted to playable (whether they're playable in Ultimate or a future game), I'm hoping for Barb, Ray, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Excitebiker, Jill, Krystal, Lyn, Prince Sable, Samurai Goroh, Sheriff, Skull Kid, Starfy, Sukapon, and Takamaru.

The first four take much bigger prioity than the others, though.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
In terms of ATs getting promoted to playable (whether they're playable in Ultimate or a future game), I'm hoping for Barb, Ray, Isaac, Saki Amamiya, Excitebiker, Jill, Krystal, Lyn, Prince Sable, Samurai Goroh, Sheriff, Skull Kid, Starfy, Sukapon, and Takamaru.

The first four take much bigger prioity than the others, though.
Add Tingle, Riki, Knuckles, Gray Fox, (Radian will work as well) and the ones you listed. I don’t think any other assets from 3&4 would get the promotion

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Barbara would be mostly unexpected.
She hasn't been ""leaked"" at all.
Yeah, Smash Ultimate could just as easily still have some surprise characters added to the game, like Barbara. I mean, no one leaked King K. Rool or the majority of the Echoes.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Add Tingle, Riki, Knuckles, Gray Fox, (Radian will work as well) and the ones you listed. I don’t think any other assets from 3&4 would get the promotion
Tingle and Gray Fox are disconfirmed at this point.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Welp, it looks like Barb isn't going to be an AT for Smash Ultimate (Which kind of surprises me, as I kind of thought with DK's Brawl/Smash 4 FS being removed, her actions wouldn't seem redundant).

However, she DOES still make an appearance as a usable Spirit in the game. Maybe Tingtin, Pockin', and Yu Ayasaki will appear as Spirits alongside her. How are you all feeling about this?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Welp, it looks like Barb isn't going to be an AT for Smash Ultimate (Which kind of surprises me, as I kind of thought with DK's Brawl/Smash 4 being removed, her actions wouldn't seem redundant).

However, she DOES still make an appearance as a usable Spirit in the game. Maybe Tingtin, Pockin', and Yu Ayasaki will appear as Spirits alongside her. How are you all feeling about this?
Kinda bummed that her AT got cut, tbh. Couldn’t have been that hard to port?

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Kinda bummed that her AT got cut, tbh. Couldn’t have been that hard to port?
I know, right? Again, with DK's FS being remade, I really thought Barb's attack of shredding on her guitar and unleashing sound waves to damage your opponents would feel less redundant to the public eye now.

I mean, I'd like it way more if she was playable (which I guess she still has a chance of being in the event that being a Spirit doesn't totally deconfirm you), though I'm not necessarily holding my breath here.

This being said, I would have even taken her returning as an AT at this point, despite all the exposure she's been getting lately in stuff like Super Mario Maker (Hey, if I could handle Isaac from Golden Sun returning to this role after a 10 year-absence...).

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh hey guys sorry I haven't been keeping up with this support thread. I'll add smashingDoug to the list.

Anyone else I'm missing?

Last edited:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I wonder if Barbara The Bat as DLC character is not a too bold hope at this point..
Piranha Plant broke all the assumptions we had about the characters in the game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I wonder if Barbara The Bat as DLC character is not a too bold hope at this point..
Piranha Plant broke all the assumptions we had about the characters in the game.
If not for how Japan-prominent she is, I'd be feeling a bit more confident in her, but at the moment? I'm sorry to say I don't see her happening anytime soon...

Of course, never say never. Sakurai could throw a curveball at us here...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well we still haven't seen her spirit.... so if for some reason spirits mean deconfirmation(which I don't) then she has a good chance)

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think we have though.
I don't recall seeing it anywhere, unless it was quickly in passing. do we have a full list of every spirit?

EDIT: Ah ok, its on the wiki, I guess someone spotted it on a stream maybe?

Still, I doubt spirits Deconfirm fighters.,

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
The only way I see Barb having a chance for DLC is if Nintendo is making a Jam with the Band game for the Switch (which is likely due to the hints Barbara gave on her Twitter) and then Nintendo decided to use Barbara to promote the game.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey, guys! Been a while, huh? Do you all think Barbara has a shot at being one of the additional DLC characters past the Fighter's Pass? I doubt it, but Sakurai's done some crazy stuff before...

slambros

Smash Ace
Hey, guys! Been a while, huh? Do you all think Barbara has a shot at being one of the additional DLC characters past the Fighter's Pass? I doubt it, but Sakurai's done some crazy stuff before...
I think it's a tricky situation because Nintendo themselves are the ones who have picked the DLC fighters. If that's still true for the next Challenger Pack, that's gonna lessen the chance of any "obscure" character. Someone would have to be developing a new game in her series to be pushing Barbara back to the forefront. I'd love for it to happen, because Barbara would be a unique addition to the roster in more ways than one, but I don't think it's too likely.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think it's a tricky situation because Nintendo themselves are the ones who have picked the DLC fighters. If that's still true for the next Challenger Pack, that's gonna lessen the chance of any "obscure" character. Someone would have to be developing a new game in her series to be pushing Barbara back to the forefront. I'd love for it to happen, because Barbara would be a unique addition to the roster in more ways than one, but I don't think it's too likely.
Yeah, that's currently my biggest worry right now. I mean, I'm kind of hoping Ninty ISN'T choosing the DLC after the Fighter's Pass, or else that may kill the chances of a LOT of 1st parties (Whether they're relevant or not).

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know, I wonder if the reason Barbara was removed (as an AT) from Smash is because of... her visible... 'assets'... I mean, Brawl WAS rated 'T', so...
I doubt it, she's pretty cartoonish. We've seen more risque things.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I doubt it, she's pretty cartoonish. We've seen more risque things.
Huh... then, I wonder what it was. I hate to say this, but ATs seem to be for folks who are too obscure to be playable in Smash (for whatever reason), and Barbara seems to fit that bill well.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
A bit of an oddball 1st party pick that almost no-one would expect, but I feel like she isn't very likely, due to how only one game has made it out of Japan (and that was only to Europe and Japan!). She does have a few cameos though including Smash Bros. games, so that's something.

Another thing, she seems a bit.... "revealing" for a Nintendo character, doesn't she?

So yeah, I support.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
After all that craziness in the DLC speculation thread about the color purple I was racking my brain for purple 1st party characters. Forgive my colorblindness but - Barbara's hair and ears are purple right?

Top Bottom