• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Project M Ruleset - Stages

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Can you clarify your "no stage twice" rule? Because in context with everything else, it seems much different than DSR. As in if you play on a stage, win or lose it may never be picked again in the set. I don't agree with that, the loser should be able to go back if they desire (unless both sides have now won on the stage so far). If this is the case, it means that if a side wins Game 1 on their random picked stage, they get the advantage of having the stage auto banned. If a side loses Game 1 on their random picked stage, they can't CP back to it. Seems like that rule isn't balancing things much...

Everything is stemming from using random in any sort or form. Like personally, if we are changing things, let's change the CP system but NOT how Game 1 works. We have a pretty damn good system for Game 1. Even if this means a system where you trim down from the entire stage list, and form a legal "pool" of stages that can be used for the set, I'm much more fine with that than tinkering with Game 1 regular striking.

Here's my idea roughly:

~20 Legal stages

Chop off half, both sides pick what to chop in 1-2-2-1 etc fashion.. THE STAGES THAT ARE REMOVED HERE ARE GONE FROM PLAY FOREVER, ENTIRE SET, NO TAKEBACKS, PUT ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS

Use 5-7 starters for Game 1 (make them core stages, or if you want, come up with a system for players to chop the stage list to form their "own" starters)

Strike down to the very last stage, and play Game 1

All remaining stages are legal for CPing in the next round, 1-2 Bans or whatever number of bans is needed

There!!!

Now you have a system where Game 1 is basically the same as now, and a different CPing system where people have to choose ahead of time what stages they would possibly like to CP. I'm guessing the "anywhere. any character" style of CP is what people complain about, and this would fix a tad of that without making some overly complicated system that ruins Game 1 or makes CPing a burden to understand later on. THIS is what we need if we want change, not an overly long or complex system (or misguided attempts to get "more" stages legal by forcing people to use groups/tags/THIS STAGE HAS 3 PLATFORMS AND IS THE SAME AS ALL 3 PLATFORM STAGES kind of mentality)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Any system that determines before game 1 the entire selectable stagelist is garbage because it doesn't account for multiple unknown characters.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Which is why I prefer the current system over just about anything else

Top Bottom