• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE PROJECT M NETPLAY COMMUNITY BUILD! (v1.3 BETA ) For Project M 3.02

coopreme

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry but I highly doubt that would happen. You'd have to make everyone recreate their iso for no update, and make it more inconvenient. Did you try using a hex editor to change the game id?
I'm assuming you are referring to distributing an OSX community build pack... That wouldn't make everyone rebuild their ISO - it would just allow people on Macs build the community edition of PM without having to use a VM of windoze or another computer. It is no different than vanilla PM getting built on a Mac using the python script versus building it on windoze with the batch file...

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you are referring to distributing an OSX community build pack... That wouldn't make everyone rebuild their ISO - it would just allow people on Macs build the community edition of PM without having to use a VM of windoze or another computer. It is no different than vanilla PM getting built on a Mac using the python script versus building it on windoze with the batch file...
Oh if you mean just for the people with Mac's then yeah why not. Have you tried using a hex editing program to change the Game ID of your iso though?

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
I am almost 100 percent certain the only reason it doesn't work on net play is because the game IDs are different. Now if someone else hosts the community build with the new ID, it won't recognize it in your library because if you used my method, it still says project M thus making it unrecognizable. If you host, it will recognize your community build but their vanilla build. The thing is that both of your community builds are the same, but it is not recognized by yours/wont recognize theirs because the IDs are different. All you have to do it figure out how to make the OSX builder make the ID to what this on is now. Is there a way to change it in dolphin? I was looking in the ISO info one time and the ID was in a text box that you couldn't edit which makes me think somehow you can...?

Last edited:

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
I'd have to check out the OSX builder and see how that works. This is something i've been meaning to do for a while but I just haven't felt like it, but since you guys are having this giant discussion about it I guess now is the time.

Y-L

Smash Champion
I am almost 100 percent certain the only reason it doesn't work on net play is because the game IDs are different. Now if someone else hosts the community build with the new ID, it won't recognize it in your library because if you used my method, it still says project M thus making it unrecognizable. If you host, it will recognize your community build but their vanilla build. The thing is that both of your community builds are the same, but it is not recognized by yours/wont recognize theirs because the IDs are different. All you have to do it figure out how to make the OSX builder make the ID to what this on is now. Is there a way to change it in dolphin? I was looking in the ISO info one time and the ID was in a text box that you couldn't edit which makes me think somehow you can...?
Yeah that's why it's not working because you can only Netplay with the same game id's. Try a hex editor (I used HxD on windows) to change the game id. Idk what works for Mac. You can only change a game id of an already made iso with a hex editor.

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610

I edited these two lines here, and I believe this should change the ID of the iso correctly. If someone who has a mac would like to test this for me, i would appreciate it. Here is the download for the Python file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/vdujsetj7ntky6i/BuildPMISO.py

To use it I would just do the same thing you did for building regular PM on mac, except use the files from the Community Build.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Zim,

In the python builder i've changed this line:
subprocess.call([wit, 'copy', 'ssbb.d', pmiso, '-ovv', '--disc-id=RSBEPM', '--boot-id=RSBEPM', '--tt-id=K', '--name', modname])
to this:
subprocess.call([wit, 'copy', 'ssbb.d', pmiso, '-ovv', '--disc-id=RSBEC3', '--boot-id=RSBEC3', '--tt-id=K', '--name', modname])
This breaks the game... it asks for you to insert the brawl disc...

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet

I edited these two lines here, and I believe this should change the ID of the iso correctly. If someone who has a mac would like to test this for me, i would appreciate it. Here is the download for the Python file: http://www.mediafire.com/view/vdujsetj7ntky6i/BuildPMISO.py

To use it I would just do the same thing you did for building regular PM on mac, except use the files from the Community Build.

So before i saw your post i did this:
subprocess.call([wit, 'copy', 'ssbb.d', pmiso, '-ovv', '--disc-id=RSBEC3', '--boot-id=RSBEPM', '--tt-id=K', '--name', modname])
And it boots, connects to others in net play using the CORRECT game id... but desyncs very quickly...

I'll take a look at what you put.

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
So i've rebuilt using ZimFlare's method combined with the new python script provided by AlbobDS... it desyncs almost immediately. However the game id is correct and i saw the change to 805A14B8=4333...

Still broke :(

thePanthurr

Smash Rookie
So i've rebuilt using ZimFlare's method combined with the new python script provided by AlbobDS... it desyncs almost immediately. However the game id is correct and i saw the change to 805A14B8=4333...

Still broke :(
Confirmed, doesn't work. In testing 5 times, it desynced BEFORE character select every time. Don't know whats causing it, but the ID is indeed correct.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Confirmed, doesn't work. In testing 5 times, it desynced BEFORE character select every time. Don't know whats causing it, but the ID is indeed correct.
Exactly, there is something else missing here... I've been going through it line by line but now i'm surrendering... I was trying to get it to work with Wine as well but I bit the bullet and i'm fixing to push it through VMWARE and XP

Y-L

Smash Champion
If it asks you to insert the Brawl disc then you didn't change the hex number for the "CB" part

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
Interesting, i'm not sure what would be causing that desync. If it changes the ID correctly, you should be both connecting with the same game, unless the other person doesn't have the 1.3 build.

AlbobDS

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1950-8300-2610
I believe the maker of the Linux and Mac builders, Kascade, is making a community build builder for mac and linux, that should be out by the end of next week. No promises of course.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Ya I think i hit him up about it a week ago on reddit... Either way i just built in in my win vm and it has a matching hash so it looks good...

SmashAmass

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2191-7637-6640
AlbobDS; I am a big fan of the work you've done here and would love to speak further about Project Unbound! If you'd like to find out more, I sent you a conversation invite with a decent amount of info. I'm certain you'll find interest in it ^-^

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Ya I think i hit him up about it a week ago on reddit... Either way i just built in in my win vm and it has a matching hash so it looks good...
So ya, community edition has been working fine - when i find someone else with the build :D So as of right now building in windoze is the only way to make it work correctly that I could find :(

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Tried editing the very first line from RSBEPM to RSBEC3 in a hex editor as suggested, but Dolphin still thinks it's RSBEPM. Dunno if there's other instances that need changing, but the only hex editor I could find that doesn't completely **** itself when you try to open a 8GB ISO lacks any search capability.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Tried editing the very first line from RSBEPM to RSBEC3 in a hex editor as suggested, but Dolphin still thinks it's RSBEPM. Dunno if there's other instances that need changing, but the only hex editor I could find that doesn't completely **** itself when you try to open a 8GB ISO lacks any search capability.
I used HxD and that worked for changing game id but I don't know if it's mac compatible. The game id is in like the first line.

DRy

Smash Rookie
Idk if this has been said already, but if you play long enough, Falco becomes the challenger approaching, and even if you beat him, he still appears each match.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
New Linux builder worked perfect! Correct game ID and md5 (which is interesting since the builder I used for vanilla had a disclaimer about it yielding a different md5 that'll still sync fine).

Also, is there any way to edit the name displayed in Dolphin so that I can easily distinguish it from vanilla? Right now they're both just named "Smash Bros. Brawl" and I have no idea how to change that.

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
New Linux builder worked perfect! Correct game ID and md5 (which is interesting since the builder I used for vanilla had a disclaimer about it yielding a different md5 that'll still sync fine).

Also, is there any way to edit the name displayed in Dolphin so that I can easily distinguish it from vanilla? Right now they're both just named "Smash Bros. Brawl" and I have no idea how to change that.

I just look at the file size. The 8.5 Gb one is community. link to the linux builder??

EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Smash Rookie
Is anyone else having issues with the current build? The game loads up fine and I see the Project M splash screen and the white screen after with the URL, but after it says now loading I get a black screen w/ no sound. Can't see the Memory Card warning or anything.

edit: Is the MD5 hash up to date with the current release? Mine isn't matching with it. Could be indicative of the problem. I get 226e6ba1bc6980557c8938780ff80bc2. I'm using the same Brawl ISO that I used for normal Project M.

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
if you follow the build advice exactly you should get a md5 hash of the same value. if its a different value then you built it wrong.

EDEdDNEdDYFaN

Smash Rookie
if you follow the build advice exactly you should get a md5 hash of the same value. if its a different value then you built it wrong.
I've followed it three times to the letter and it isn't working. Going to try a different Brawl ISO.

Last edited:

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Soo having a bit of trouble downloading the build on mac. As in, pressing download doesn't do anything. Am I stupid or is something wrong?

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
Hi, I was wondering what I would change the gameID if I create a version of this with my own Music (as when I do netplay it's registering as this version and not mine)? I tried changing it to something like RSBEC5 but then I just get "please insert Brawl disk."

Last edited:

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Dolphin Netplay doesn't seem to work correctly for me... I have the newest version, 8.5 GB filesize but when trying to host, Dolphin tells me the version's incorrect. Should I simply try to rebuild the .iso?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Dolphin Netplay doesn't seem to work correctly for me... I have the newest version, 8.5 GB filesize but when trying to host, Dolphin tells me the version's incorrect. Should I simply try to rebuild the .iso?
Did you use the community build iso builder? What OS are you on?

Top Bottom