• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for Smash Ultimate support thread! See OP for where to meet us next after the boards close. Thank you for all your support!

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Yeah it looks like Level 5 is still on his decon list and I jumped the gun. >.< Oh well, here's to hoping the leakers are wrong, or we get him post-pass.

Chads? Y'know, from the memes...like the virgin ___ vs. the Chad ___. It's meant to signify strong, attractive people. So basically I'm saying whoever's a fan of Professor Layton is a sexy mofo ;)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, well hopefully we'll get fighter 5 done and over with soon with the game awards so we can move on to post pass I guess...

I've really had enough with all the leak drama the past few weeks. Hopefully insiders will keep their mouth's shut until the last minute again I suppose.

That said, its that time of the week again, so lets just hope Layton doesn't get spirited away just yet...

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if Layton isn't Fighter 5, remember there is more DLC on the way. There's still hope.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Chads? Y'know, from the memes...like the virgin ___ vs. the Chad ___. It's meant to signify strong, attractive people. So basically I'm saying whoever's a fan of Professor Layton is a sexy mofo ;)
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, i hate memes so youll have to excuse my lack of knowledge

though its sounds like an offensive one

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A kind soul made some splash screens for me <3
That looks wonderful amazonevan.

I wonder if anyone ripped any of the models from the Layton games yet, I know some people did for the Ace Attorney crossover but that's pretty much it as far as I'm aware unfortunately.

I wonder if there is any concept art for Katrielle at least though....

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
The Layton Twitter giving us the behind the scenes revelations about the series that we all been waiting to get the answer to.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo found this first lol

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Layton Twitter giving us the behind the scenes revelations about the series that we all been waiting to get the answer to.

Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo found this first lol
Ah yes, Thwomp man, I remember him, he had the same voice as Subject 3 if I recall.

The Layton series always had some very peculiar and zany character design's, especially for the NPC's.

Which ones stood out to you guys the most?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
By no means my favorite NPC, but I just wanna point out how terrifying Igor is.
Gosh yeah, definitely the most terrifying looking NPC by far, even more so in 3D.

You know after a reply someone made on the Sheffield tweet. I'm kind of surprised Level-5 never attempted to make an NPC that was flat like that one fish from Spongebob.

Closest thing is probably Frankie from Miracle Mask and that was mostly his head in 3D.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My favourite has probably got to be Becky from Lost Future, I liked how she had a lot more screentime than what you would usually expect from a minor NPC.

I like to headcanon her becoming good friends with Flora post Lost Future.
Adrea and Pauly where pretty zany characters in Curious Village too.

You know, after dusting off the o'l 3DS, I remembered the old Streetpass Mii Plaza app the 3DS had. The puzzle Swap game actually had two puzzles based off Level-5's games. Which is interesting to know that Nintendo made a deal with them to feature two of their games there, the other ones being Capcom (with having 3, 2 of them being Monster Hunter), one for Square and one for Sega.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Also since we’ve been talking about NPCs, can I say *Click* *Click* *Click* how much I hate *Click* *Click* *Click* talking to the reporter Douglas Dert *Click* *Click* *Click* in Layton mystery Journey *Click* *Click* *Click*.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
i beginning to realise why i dont remember how most of the npcs look
Well, it would explain why Level-5 tends to play it safe with the main cast, that and they tend to be the most popular characters too.

>"I think we all knew that Layton and Luke would be fan favourites, but I also noticed that the good-looking characters got a lot of votes [laughs]"

Savage...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well, it would explain why Level-5 tends to play it safe with the main cast, that and they tend to be the most popular characters too.

>"I think we all knew that Layton and Luke would be fan favourites, but I also noticed that the good-looking characters got a lot of votes [laughs]"

Savage...
between layton and yo-kai watch its clear level-5 have endless fun with character design

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
between layton and yo-kai watch its clear level-5 have endless fun with character design
There is also Fantasy Life and Snack World as well among others. I suppose Inazuma Eleven is probably the most down to earth series Level-5 has, though even that has its share of zany characters from time to time.

But yeah, it definitely shows that they have a lot of fun designing characters in their games. I guess that's a big part of their charm, and why they probably tend to get mistaken as a second party company to Nintendo from time to time...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I actually wanted to be a video game character designer a while back, work was to hard for me
Oh that's very unfortunate.

I tried to work a bit with 3D models myself, but other than one, I never quite managed to get around to finishing them...

I guess the Game Awards will be happening in a couple hours or so. I won't be watching it as I'll be sleeping by then, although if by some miracle Layton gets announced, please do tag me, thanks and good luck everyone!

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Oh that's very unfortunate.
to be honest one of the reasons was i wasnt enjoying it to much, 3d modelling was not my thing it turned out

still im fine with where im at now

i just hope level-5 dont sue me if i ever publish a story with that character who's partially based on layton

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So I suppose nothing much came of it with the game awards huh? Oh well, more opportunities for Directs and Layton to be announced there I suppose.

Also in other news, Level-5 acknowledges the existence of Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

I wonder if they are building up for something with all these Tweets? Lost Future HD? A new game perhaps? Smash? Or probably nothing...
Oh well, at least their still trying to keep the series in the public eye for now...

Last edited:

Matthjass

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathsJass
3DS FC
0602-7469-3826
Switch FC
SW 8578 0545 0012
Curious Villager Curious Villager Ah yes it's him ! I've always found him kind of weird but yeah he definitely can't compete with Igor...

+ Yeah no Smash at the VGA, if Vergeben is right about DLC 5 we'll have to wait at least a few months before a potential reveal of Layton... :/

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
to be honest one of the reasons was i wasnt enjoying it to much, 3d modelling was not my thing it turned out

still im fine with where im at now

i just hope level-5 dont sue me if i ever publish a story with that character who's partially based on layton
3D modelling can be quite time consuming yes. I tend to do fine when designing the base model and texturing, then when it comes to applying normal maps, that's when my mind turns off.... pretty unfortunate.

Also it depends on the design I suppose. So long as the character isn't a blatant copy of Layton, you should be fine I'd imagine.

Curious Villager Curious Villager Ah yes it's him ! I've always found him kind of weird but yeah he definitely can't compete with Igor...

+ Yeah no Smash at the VGA, if Vergeben is right about DLC 5 we'll have to wait at least a few months before a potential reveal of Layton... :/
Well since they seem to be holding out on fighter 5 for who knows when, it might be possible that they may be revealing them alongside the first post pass character so I suppose there is always that opportunity.

Wether the first post pass character is likely to be Layton or not, who knows, but here's hoping for the best anyway...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So I suppose nothing much came of it with the game awards huh? Oh well, more opportunities for Directs and Layton to be announced there I suppose.

Also in other news, Level-5 acknowledges the existence of Layton Brothers Mystery Room.

I wonder if they are building up for something with all these Tweets? Lost Future HD? A new game perhaps? Smash? Or probably nothing...
Oh well, at least their still trying to keep the series in the public eye for now...
I am curious about why they are tweeting so much lately. Its like we get new tweets from them ever other day now

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Also it depends on the design I suppose. So long as the character isn't a blatant copy of Layton, you should be fine I'd imagine.

Well since they seem to be holding out on fighter 5 for who knows when, it might be possible that they may be revealing them alongside the first post pass character so I suppose there is always that opportunity.

Wether the first post pass character is likely to be Layton or not, who knows, but here's hoping for the best anyway...
well i will be sure to differentiate him a fair amount, no top hat for a start

im sure we'll find out fp5 in the next direct and im guessing this month or next month

well theres always a chance we will see him, sakurai is a hard one to predict

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On an unrelated note, I saw that Layton received a boost in support on Twitter during the Game Awards hours. I suppose he does get a boost in support whenever some mainstream event takes place, such as E3 and the Game Awards.

Which probably goes hand in hand to the more casual based audience that he has I suppose.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
https://youtu.be/jHmopHJHgWM It seems there is a recent leak about Layton in Smash... :o
I didn't have looked at the video yet but I wanted to share it here first !
>Blocked Content

Oh well, at least some wannabe "leaker" thought Layton was worthy enough to make a fake leak over I guess...

New Mario Strikers would have been nice too, though I doubt Next Level Games would be able to show much of it at this stage if they where working on a new one considering they just finished off Luigi's Mansion 3 not too long ago.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
nintendo uk are giving away 20 free downlode codes for millionaire's conspiracy
Oh that's interesting. Whoever is interested in entering, good luck!

Last edited:
Top Bottom