• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ProCube: Wireless GameCube-style controller for Wii U

Mega Crush

Smash Rookie
I'm from the marketing department here at Hyperkin (we're best known for our retro multiconsoles such as the RetroN 5), and just want to show you some pics of our upcoming ProCube controller. It's a wireless GameCube-style controller for Wii that we made in mind for Smashers. It supports other Wii U titles as well. We'll be attending EVO (not sure if we'll have a booth just yet), but you can try it out there if you'd like. Just let me know, and we can work something out. :)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Urgh.. I don't know if I can get used to it's grip or not.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
This actually looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind playing Wind Waker HD or etc. Zelda game on this.

The triggers are my only concern though, as in past attempts to recreate the Gamecube controller in some sort of Wii-Wii U format haven't gone over too well. (e.g., HORI Battle Pad, PDP Fight Pad, etc. third party object.)

NGUY (guitarstage)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
guitarstage
i would use it more for hyrule warriors than on smash since i have the adapter but hey at least you dont have to plug it into a wiimote

Quillion

Smash Hero
Is this a U pro controller or a Wii classic controller?

Either way, it's in my sights! My old faithful controllers are now sticking upwards (poor Melee...) and it's killing me.

finalark

SNORLAX
My only real issue with this is that Wii U games assume that you're using the SNES button layout, which is:

- -X
Y- A
--B

While the GCN uses it's own layout, namely this:

Y----X
---A
B

So it's not going to be optimal (or comfortable) for certain games. Still a neat concept, though.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
My only real issue with this is that Wii U games assume that you're using the SNES button layout, which is:

- -X
Y- A
--B

While the GCN uses it's own layout, namely this:

Y----X
---A
B

So it's not going to be optimal (or comfortable) for certain games. Still a neat concept, though.
So? same button reactions. I played snes games through homebrew with a normal gamecube controller and it feels nice, but like you said, We have no idea of those pro controllers are comfortable

Last edited:
Top Bottom