• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Problem with Tier Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendOfZeldaNut

Proud Bearer of the Triforce of Courage
I am going to just say this right out, no sugarcoating: Tier lists should not exist. Now, before you murder me, hear me out. I believe that EVERY character, from Zelda to Sheik, is competitively viable. Heck, Google Fawfuls Minion Pac-Man and then tell me he couldn't win a tournament! (Please note that while his montages have no sound, his other videos have a LOT of cuss words, viewer discretion is advised). All tier lists do, in my opinion, is make it so more people main the top tier characters. Now, you may be thinking that I am a hypocrite, seeing as I main Zero Suit Samus as well as Peach. But here's the thing: I picked Zero Suit LONG before I knew what a tier list WAS! I picked her because I liked her, and I think others should do the same. That is just my opinion, you are welcome to disagree with me. Also, tier lists comes with a LOT of hate if you main a top tier! People (not on smash boards) have called me a cop out, someone who was just winning because of Zero Suit, once, a fake player who would get no where. They all ignored Peach, and I know I'm not the only one who has been bullied because of this. Finally, if SOME kind of list must exist, make it a popularity or tournament representaction list.
PeachGirl

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But there's literally no problem with tier lists. =P

They exist for a reason, to measure a character's tournament viability. Does it apply to people who don't play competitively or shoot high for placing well at majors or nationals? Not particularly. But they have their place, and you need to accept that.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Ignore the haters bruh, keep kickin their butts with your favorite character.

Also, quit filling the main forum page with rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom