• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The princess just wont die

Nexas

Smash Rookie
I have quite a bit of trouble taking down my friend's peach, anyone willing to supply some advice?

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Peach is easy for me because I'm great at catching, which completely stops her ranged game and my friends fear to even pull turnips because if they do get a stitches which is usually a good thing, it's bad for them.

I use the C-Stick against peach for all of my aerials and smashes because I don't want to accidently CC a d-smash...

Spam B-air, F-air and once you have her off the ledge D-air.

Prac352

Smash Lord
The biggest thing Ganon has going for him in this matchup is his range. If peach is in the air, shffl u-airs. If she's playing a ground game, shffl f-airs. Every time she misses a d-smash she should get stomped. Keep the pressure on. You can't be hit out of her shield if you space yourself properly.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Peaches are an easy matchup for me except against Zoap who i cant seem to beat for some reason ????? but if she dsmashes its a free stomp unless you can't get to her. dash attacks should also get stomped as peach telegraphs her dash atk but lunging forward so you should be able to see it coming. turnips on the stage shouldnt be a problem but if you are getting turniped off the stage then idk. linguini,chaddd, or renth can help you there.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
dair to usmash,uair works awesome against peach.
omg that works so well its pretty much broken. if she gets hit by both kicks, she will most likely be at around 50-60% also, pick your stages carefully. a stage like yoshi story is prefect due to the small killzones. also try jungle japes. i guess in the end its just presonal preference.

HZ514

Smash Cadet
Bait her into dmashing, and you're free to stomp her sorry butt up to hell. If you can time it so that she umbrellas right into your stomp, laugh until it hurts.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I agree with the U-airs for the most part, I don't have a problem with Peaches between Ganon and Jiggs. :D
But yeah what everyone is saying is the best way to go about it also, don't get stuck off the edge.
I don't go for the vertical kill that often. I find it easier to gimpy kill Peach with a reverse U-air at the edge of the stage. It just gets better if you have platforms. Avoid the stages with high ceilings and wide walls.
Corneria, Green Greens, Yoshi Story are the best counter picks I can think of.

Magus420

Smash Master
Can't forget Rainbow Cruise. It's too good. Just don't get f-aired yourself near the edge.

Also, good Peach's generally don't just throw out d-smashes when it would be possible for them to completely whiff you and be able to get a d-air off in time in my experience. They generally have pressure on you when they do and you don't really have any good evasive options. If you shield one you can up-b them from shield though for a nice 17% since there isn't enough lag on it to do anything else really.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
one problem i seemed to have with her was trying to attack hit from beneath a platform. whenever i would get her on a platform i would WD into place and try to Usmash her...

ya. dont do that.

Magus420

Smash Master
If you release the c-stick immediately while also holding down you'll usually be safe from getting sucked into a d-smash if you mess up unless it's a really low platform on FoD or something. Well... I'm guessing that's what you're talking about anyway XD

Top Bottom