• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

Troykv

Smash Master
.. Oh sh**... Checking a little bit I notice something

This Support Thread doesn't have a Supporters List D:...

That needs be fixed :3

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Obligatory @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club tag for the support list

Anyway, I was very surprised that Radiant Dawn still hasn't made it onto the eShop. Maybe with Chrom, Caeda, and Cain in SMT X Fire Emblem already, maybe we'll see Ike or Micaiah appear in some way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, well if you wish to be on the supporters thread, post after this post, and tag me in it. I only want active supporters on the list.
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club Add me please.

Anyway, I was very surprised that Radiant Dawn still hasn't made it onto the eShop. Maybe with Chrom, Caeda, and Cain in SMT X Fire Emblem already, maybe we'll see Ike or Micaiah appear in some way.
Given what happened with her in Awakening, I can see her as a dark counterpart to Mirage!Caeda with that more J-Pop innocence in her personality.

As for Ike, wouldn't be surprised if he gets a redesign that makes Mirage!Chrom look like a scrawny teenager.

Troykv

Smash Master
Ok, well if you wish to be on the supporters thread, post after this post, and tag me in it. I only want active supporters on the list.
The Light Music Club The Light Music Club Add me, I like to post here and show support :3

In the OP Right? o.o

Anyway, I was very surprised that Radiant Dawn still hasn't made it onto the eShop.
Well the Wii section is the newest... but I expect (and desire) see Radiant Dawn in the eShop :3

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I plan start a little thing with a friend's help with tha main objetive to give Micaiah more Ballot popularity.... But still is in early development, in future days I will put extra info.

Troykv

Smash Master
Still in development...

Now a little conversation thread...

Someone knows about the PoR and RD OST that was sold in March and that got a little annoucement in December? (Waiting for Smash Launch Day? Good work this time IS).

Also... Radiant Dawn got a little re-edition in 2014 (basically the same but with updated copyrights).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So we recently get virtual console games for once, but they're just Mario and Luigi Partners in Time, and STARFOX COMMAND OF ALL THINGS?!?!?!?!?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP US WAITING FOR RADIANT DAWN FOR ESHOP RELEASE, NINTENDO?!?!?!?!?!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Turns out Micaiah does have some DLC demand in Japan after all, but she can't really be seen on PushDustIn's poll. According to the Article, she's tied with Rayman (who has a bigger Western following) and Walugi since any Assist Trophy has left support for obvious reasons. While it may be seen as Smash for now (since this was taken back in February), I can imagine it being a bit bigger after the Smash Ballot was announced. Let's hope the fans aren't too distracted by the Fates protagonists to even care about Micaiah or Telius in general.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

Troykv

Smash Master
Turns out Micaiah does have some DLC demand in Japan after all, but she can't really be seen on PushDustIn's poll. According to the Article, she's tied with Rayman (who has a bigger Western following) and Walugi since any Assist Trophy has left support for obvious reasons. While it may be seen as Smash for now (since this was taken back in February), I can imagine it being a bit bigger after the Smash Ballot was announced. Let's hope the fans aren't too distracted by the Fates protagonists to even care about Micaiah or Telius in general.

https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/
Wow... I see before the grafic, but never looks in the website... Micaiah appears... wow xD

Also guys! I created a Twitter...

Still doesn't have to much xD

https://twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club said that it will only be made if the active users like us tag her and ask. It seems like the list will only be down to three people since it's just us.
Most of this is correct, except I'm a guy hahaha. Anyway, I had some trouble with the car, but I'm in New Orleans now. I'll put our mini support list up now.

Troykv

Smash Master
Most of this is correct, except I'm a guy hahaha. Anyway, I had some trouble with the car, but I'm in New Orleans now. I'll put our mini support list up now.
Welcome (again) TLMC! ... Oh well maybe we get more support after xD.

Otherwise... I created (with a friend that also is a Micaiah's Fan) a little Twitter to Micaiah! And in this moment I put a Twitter with a link to this place <3

(If someone has a twitter... please; Could help a little bit?)

https://twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/614913389047910400

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
@ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club

I don't know one you think, but the OP needs a little update... Mostly in this section:

Arguments:

1. Micaiah is the main character to one of the most recent games of the Fire Emblem franchise, with this being the first possible game for her to be eligible, it would make sense that she has at least a chance to be a part of the newest Super Smash Bros. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn may have also been the most recent new Fire Emblem release world wide before the roster for the new game was chosen.
  2. Micaiah is a Fire Emblem main character that uses magic, something that barely any if any at all mains from Fire Emblem do. Being that she is not a sword user, she would be a perfect character to use to represent the non-sword users of the Fire Emblem franchise, a large group of characters that have no representation in Super Smash Bros.
  3. While some may disagree, it would seem that we are to get more female characters this time around with the inclusion of WFT, Rosalina, and most likely (if the leak is true) Palutena. Adding someone to represent the amazing females of Fire Emblem is something I feel needs to happen, and Micaiah is the perfect person for the job. Also for the argument of "Palutena and Micaiah are both light users" Micaiah also can use dark magic and anima magic, which could give her variation.
  4. Fire Emblem has an opportunity to get 4 Fire Emblem characters. With the planned including of three ( Marth, Ike, and Roy) in SSBB, it would make sense to think that Fire Emblem, with it's recent boom in popularity, would make sense to get a fourth representative. If Sakurai wants to have four, he could always put in the "obligatory Awakening rep" as well as a fourth representative from another game. Since Radiant Dawn is the most new game (non-remake) of the series, I would say Micaiah would be the best option if they decided to have four characters with an Awakening obligation.
  5. It seems like those who have appeared on Wii titles are getting the priority right now. Animal Crosser was decided to be put in with his new game being City Folk, Wii Fit Trainer is clearly from the Wii, Little Mac was revived on the Wii, Rosalina debuted on the Wii, and even Mega Man stayed realevent with Nintendo having many of his classic games on the Virtual Console. Micaiah is from Radiant Dawn, one of the best rated Wii games published by Nintendo. It wouldn't be crazy if they wanted her to represent the Wii just as Ike represented one of the better rated GCN games.
It's a little bit funny that now we have all the four characters that you say: (Marth, Ike, Roy, and FE13Rep... But also a minor filler that I don't count as a character).

Also... Palutena doesn't really use a lot her Light Magic xD

Also you could put the twitter in the OP :3

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Bad news guys... according to nintendo, #FE will only have characters from the games I didn't like, Shadow Dragon and Awakening... if this is true it means no Micaiah, Ike, Lyn, Jill, Elincia, Erika, Ilyana, Roy and more...

Chrom being in this game and not any one of those characters really frustrates me. Ill pry still get the game, but as a fan, that's disappointing that only two Fire Emblem games arebeing represented.

http://gematsu.com/2015/07/genei-ibun-roku-fe-30-hours-clear

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Bad news guys... according to nintendo, #FE will only have characters from the games I didn't like, Shadow Dragon and Awakening... if this is true it means no Micaiah, Ike, Lyn, Jill, Elincia, Erika, Ilyana, Roy and more...

Chrom being in this game and not any one of those characters really frustrates me. Ill pry still get the game, but as a fan, that's disappointing that only two Fire Emblem games arebeing represented.

Troykv

Smash Master

Oh... Crap... Why? Why all the Akanea Love? Yeah, are the best sellers... But still are MANY Fan favorites from other games (like every Lord don't called Alm) Ugh.

PD: What do you think about my new signature? :3

PD2: Eh, I need the PC...

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Oh... Crap... Why? Why all the Akanea Love? Yeah, are the best sellers... But still are MANY Fan favorites from other games (like every Lord don't called Alm) Ugh.

PD: What do you think about my new signature? :3

PD2: Eh, I need the PC...
Yeah they assume Shadow Dragon can appease those who played before Awakening, but most people hopped on the FE Train in the US because of Lyn, Erika, Ike, and Micaiah games... it's rather disappointing.

I support the idea of Micaiah in Smash and I plan to sprinkle in some support every now and then.

I can't do much or be active enough to be on the supporters list, due to being busy running a Sigurd+Eliwood thread and pushing for Levin/Lewyn as well, but I plan to throw in at least one good vote and retweet some stuff on Twitter.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Why? Only Awakening and Shadow Dragon? And you mean they won't even use characters form FE3 and FE12. They seriously limited themselves here. Just better be damn sequel to this with everyone else.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why? Only Awakening and Shadow Dragon? And you mean they won't even use characters form FE3 and FE12. They seriously limited themselves here. Just better be damn sequel to this with everyone else.
I'm already calling it now, this would most likely be Nintendo's very own Kingdom Hearts. The first game used only characters from mostly Final Fantasy 7 and 8 with minimal X reps. Then we had more characters from these three games as time went on and finally got The World Ends with You characters in Dream Drop Distance.

So if this was part of their plan all along, then I'll be damned. Limiting references on a potentially big crossover can't be done without reasons behind that character embargo.

Troykv

Smash Master
I support the idea of Micaiah in Smash and I plan to sprinkle in some support every now and then.

I can't do much or be active enough to be on the supporters list, due to being busy running a Sigurd+Eliwood thread and pushing for Levin/Lewyn as well, but I plan to throw in at least one good vote and retweet some stuff on Twitter.
Yay! Is great to see you here, and your thread give some motivation to try do some things that could be put in the OP.

Also, thanks for comment in Twitter xD

I'm already calling it now, this would most likely be Nintendo's very own Kingdom Hearts. The first game used only characters from mostly Final Fantasy 7 and 8 with minimal X reps. Then we had more characters from these three games as time went on and finally got The World Ends with You characters in Dream Drop Distance.

So if this was part of their plan all along, then I'll be damned. Limiting references on a potentially big crossover can't be done without reasons behind that character embargo.
Oh, yeah, that could happen if the game is a success... Unlike other new IPs don't called Splatoon

I retweeted a few things from the Micaiah support Twitter and tagged @NintendoAmerica in one of my retweets.

Also, here is my ballot support I sent in for Micaiah:

"Gender: Male

Character: Micaiah

Game: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

First off, Radiant Dawn could easily be accessible if it were on Virtual Console, and fans would no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Micaiah's inclusion would make many want to buy and play it, and Easy makes it a beginner-friendly Fire Emblem.

Second, Micaiah is incredibly unique, and could utilize light magic and staves, specifically the utility they have in Radiant Dawn. Bop with a Heal staff and regen as it’s held, use a Torch staff to burn foes, inflict status conditions, etc."

The 500 character limit is a pain, but it still lets me get out all the major stuff.

I really hope we get Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on Virtual Console! That's probably my #1 reason for supporting Micaiah, haha. I may be too optimistic, but I'm hoping Marth gets FE12 over here, Roy gets FE6 over here, and Ike and Micaiah get FE9+10 on Virtual Console or HD Remastered.

Troykv

Smash Master
I retweeted a few things from the Micaiah support Twitter and tagged @NintendoAmerica in one of my retweets.

Also, here is my ballot support I sent in for Micaiah:

"Gender: Male

Character: Micaiah

Game: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

First off, Radiant Dawn could easily be accessible if it were on Virtual Console, and fans would no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Micaiah's inclusion would make many want to buy and play it, and Easy makes it a beginner-friendly Fire Emblem.

Second, Micaiah is incredibly unique, and could utilize light magic and staves, specifically the utility they have in Radiant Dawn. Bop with a Heal staff and regen as it’s held, use a Torch staff to burn foes, inflict status conditions, etc."

The 500 character limit is a pain, but it still lets me get out all the major stuff.

I really hope we get Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn on Virtual Console! That's probably my #1 reason for supporting Micaiah, haha. I may be too optimistic, but I'm hoping Marth gets FE12 over here, Roy gets FE6 over here, and Ike and Micaiah get FE9+10 on Virtual Console or HD Remastered.
Probably everyone here want to see the Tellius Games in the eShop xD

Also! A little new. The Twitter now has 11 followers... two are japaneses xD

https://twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash

Troykv

Smash Master
The new Source Gaming's article motivated me to make some comments regarding Micaiah with the 4 points mentioned on the first page; talking about the character selection.

Twitter Link: https://www.twitter.com/Micaiah4Smash/status/620375622125268992

Micaiah & the Character Selection in Brawl #SmashBros #Micaiah4Smash #SmashBallo
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/11/gdc-2008-translation/

Hi Dawn Brigade! I want to do a little experiment with the new scans's translations. About the Character Selection and how affect this the Micaiah's chances.

The criteria for choosing a character is as follows:

'The character must have a personality in their game."

She is passionate and visionary, is also a good-hearted girl, will do anything to help their people and achieve what she proposes.

'It's important to have something a character can do."

This is simple. Micaiah have access to various spells (their animations for both movements and the magic itself from her game and other Fire Emblems) and Staffs.

"Development issues"

Micaiah doesn't need transformations or other overly complex mechanics (like the Ice Climbers's Gimmick) to be true to her character in Smash Bros.

"Franchises distribution taken into consideration"

Of the four points this is the most problematic. Fire Emblem now has three normal characters (Marth, Ike and Robin), a DLC (Roy) and a filler (Lucina).This makes a total of four characters (and a filler would not consider his own character by the negligible development time used in Lucina).

However, I don't know the latter point continue to implement since Smash Bros. Wii U / 3DS introduced two new characters Mario considerably extending the limits for original characters.

Moreover, while Fire Emblem sales haven't Mario or Pokemon level is a franchise full of characters with very different styles and personalities of each other, and incredible world with a lot of possibles ideas, and I think that Micaiah is a good choice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I was a bit boring; so I decided to draw something on Miiverse.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkPs8bhqQ

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkR7W5ECw

I know, I'm awful drawing xD... But still, she makes me feel motivated to try.
Drawing anything anime on Miiverse is hard in general and I wouldn't lie about how much I struggled with Palutena pre-Smash due to how detailed her outfit is.

It was worth a try with the Micaiah drawings and they don't look too bad. Been keeping watch of the many posts on the blog and made sure to share them every time.

Top Bottom