• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PREDICTABLE Roster

Okay...

1. Geno is more widely requested than Bowser Jr, AND has been directly referenced to by Sakurai more. It doesn't matter their relevance to the series, but rather fan interest and the interest of Sakurai himself (Oh, hello there Sheik!). The infamous "poll" shows Geno right-smack in between THREE confirmed characters and a solid spot at the top.

2. Once again, it's not about what Square wants, but what Sakurai wants. If he goes to Square and asks for Geno, he leaves with Geno, regardless what Square says. Also, the 2nd and 1/2 ownership theory means that Square ownership might not even be an issue. Plus, there is no such thing as "company reps". Snake got in not as a Konami rep, but because of Kojima's love of the SSB series. Sonic got in because he's extremely relavant to Nintendo's history as being the first worthy rival to the company's main games.

3. Bowser Jr. is a relatively new character who will continue to appear in future games. This is pretty much Geno's last chance to get back into the gaming scene, and would serve as a great throwback to not only the start of Mario's RPG career, but the age of SNES RPGs in general, and that's not even adding the excellent fanservice it would provide.

4. Your Sailor Moon comment is a very smelly red herring. Sailor Moon doesn't even have a remote chance. Geno has a fairly decent one that continues to improve as the available characters to choose from shrinks.
1. Errr i guess you're right... But i still think it'd be easier for sakurai to use bowser jr. instead of geno... I'd like it if they were actually both in the game

2. Umm no... >_>; Sakurai can't just go into a place and force them to let him use geno in the game... He has to get their permission and sakurai himself said that the companies are supposed to ask him not him ask them.

3. Once again you havea pretty good point, but still the whole square enix thingy...

4. Fine i guess i did use a bad example but they were just saying that because he's requested so much that he'll get in. EVERYONE's chances increase as the available characters to choose from shrink (MIME JR. MIME JR. MIME JR.)... So yeah

Anywho i'd rather have Bowser Jr. AND Geno but if i have to choose one i pick bowser jr. cause i think he'd have a unique moveset with being able to turn into Shadow mario and his paintbrush

Zevox

Smash Lord
I think I speak for everyone when I say, nothing Sakurai is going to put in the game is predictable
I'd say Diddy and King Dedede are pretty strong evidence that isn't correct. More accurately, not everything Sakurai is going to put in the game is predictable - some is, some isn't.

Zevox

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Ok. Considering ALL the info gathered in the whole Community, this is by far the most PREDICTABLE Roster (Based on Sakurai's Poll, Popularity in general and Smash Bros Gameplay-likelyness).

MARIO SERIES

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Geno

YOSHI SERIES

Yoshi

WARIOWARE SERIES

Wario

DONKEY KONG SERIES

DK
Diddy

LEGEND OF ZELDA SERIES

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
WW Link

POKÉMON SERIES

Pikachu
Pokémon Trainer
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

RETRO SERIES

Pit
Ice Climbers
G&W
Takamaru
Sukapon

KIRBY SERIES

Kirby
Meta Knight
King DeDeDe

METROID SERIES

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

STARFOX SERIES

Fox
Falco
Krystal

MOTHER SERIES

Lucas
Claus (Masked-Man)
Ness

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

Ike
Micaiah
Marth

F-ZERO SERIES

Captain Falcon

OTHER

Captain Olimar
Isaac
Animal Crossing MC
Mii

THIRD PARTY

Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Fixed it for ya. Though Isaac and Mii are iffy.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Hellz no. 30/32'll be the limit.

And another thing - why do people say "## if you count Sheik, PKMN Trainer's n00b team and so on", it really annoys me. Sorry, just felt like being picky.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
2. Umm no... >_>; Sakurai can't just go into a place and force them to let him use geno in the game... He has to get their permission and sakurai himself said that the companies are supposed to ask him not him ask them.

4. Fine i guess i did use a bad example but they were just saying that because he's requested so much that he'll get in. EVERYONE's chances increase as the available characters to choose from shrink (MIME JR. MIME JR. MIME JR.)... So yeah
1. The way I see it, Geno is one of the only characters Square isn't making money off of. Seeing as he's iconic to Nintendo, and if not used in Smash he would just sit in the corner and rot, I see no reason why Square would deny his entry. Besides, if this whole "2nd-and-1/2 party" thing does turn out to be true, this doesn't even matter. If it's the case, then Geno's appearance does not affect the chances of, say, Black Mage or Sora. Though honestly I don't see either of them making it, it certainly is possible. Even IF Square has full ownership of Geno, it's pretty much agreed upon that he won't take up a spot designated for folks like Megaman or Sonic.

2. That was exactly my point. Everyone's chances have gone up, and since Geno, and for that matter Krystal, Ridley and even Olimar already have decent chances, they're essentially confirmed (Well, not so much Geno as Krystal or Ridley, but you know what I'm getting at. And nothing I say is guaranteed. I'm not Sakurai, I'm just making some educated guesses)

Please note that I don't necessarily think Geno is confirmed or anything. He may very well not make it. I just think that at this point in time, his chances are pretty **** good. And the ONLY reason that I don't want Bowser Jr. is because despite my optimism, Brawl will probably have a limited roster and not allow for as many characters as we all would like. I personally have the opinion "the more the merrier, so long as there's no Cloud Strife". :D

Also, I happen to hate traditionalist rosters. I DON'T want everyone from Melee to return *coughROYcough*. However, if they come back anyway I'll happily ignore them, as long as I have plenty of shiny new characters to play with.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
why do people want geno so much i mean hes just a puppet like some people get so offensive when they say geno sucks >.>
i mean its like lucario i want him sure theres a high chance he wont be in and people complain but i dont get so protective because you cant just MAKE someone change there mind

point of post: STOP BEING SO FREAKING OFFENSIVE WHEN THEY SAY A CHAR. SUCKS!!!

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
why do people want geno so much i mean hes just a puppet like some people get so offensive when they say geno sucks >.>
i mean its like lucario i want him sure theres a high chance he wont be in and people complain but i dont get so protective because you cant just MAKE someone change there mind

point of post: STOP BEING SO FREAKING OFFENSIVE WHEN THEY SAY A CHAR. SUCKS!!!
Well....I do admit the general Geno fanbase at this boards has gotten a wee bit out of hand with their defensiveness....>_>

But just saying "why do people want him hes just a puppet lol" is an awful lot like saying "why do people want Sonic hes just a hedgehog lol". Understand that just because someone doesn't like a character doesn't mean that everyone else does.

BTW, I liked the idea of Lucario in Brawl, but his future looks bleak now. It's sad...D:

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Well....I do admit the general Geno fanbase at this boards has gotten a wee bit out of hand with their defensiveness....>_>

But just saying "why do people want him hes just a puppet lol" is an awful lot like saying "why do people want Sonic hes just a hedgehog lol". Understand that just because someone doesn't like a character doesn't mean that everyone else does.

BTW, I liked the idea of Lucario in Brawl, but his future looks bleak now. It's sad...D:
i wouldnt mind if geno was in or not im sure if he was in i would try him to see if i like him but people need to learn how to calm down when they say he sucks.but one thing i hope doesnt happen and i beg you god dont let WW link be in it PLEASE! i hope it goes to a you know DIFFRENT zelda char,and while your praying make sure you ask for lucario :) lol

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
i wouldnt mind if geno was in or not im sure if he was in i would try him to see if i like him but people need to learn how to calm down when they say he sucks.but one thing i hope doesnt happen and i beg you god dont let WW link be in it PLEASE! i hope it goes to a you know DIFFRENT zelda char,and while your praying make sure you ask for lucario :) lol

Very indeed. Yes, the mere thought of WW Link in this game makes babies cry and dogs howl, and even though I've never even played TP, I'd far rather have Midna just for the sheer sake of variety. This is also why I'd much rather see Geno than Paper Mario, and to quite a lesser extent Bowser Jr.

And Lucario would be great for this game. I just wish his chances were better. Stoopid Pokemon Trainer....-_-

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Very indeed. Yes, the mere thought of WW Link in this game makes babies cry and dogs howl, and even though I've never even played TP, I'd far rather have Midna just for the sheer sake of variety. This is also why I'd much rather see Geno than Paper Mario, and to quite a lesser extent Bowser Jr.

And Lucario would be great for this game. I just wish his chances were better. Stoopid Pokemon Trainer....-_-
i kinda like the idea of pokemon trainer but only because be brought 1 of my favorite pokemons playable(thats you charizard :) )

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
i kinda like the idea of pokemon trainer but only because be brought 1 of my favorite pokemons playable(thats you charizard :) )
Actually I really like the Pokemon Trainer. It's a very unique idea and made three previously impossible characters playable, and is sure to make for very fun gameplay.

Still, it kinda ruins Lucario if Mewtwo and Jiggs are coming back...Anything's possible, though! :D

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Actually I really like the Pokemon Trainer. It's a very unique idea and made three previously impossible characters playable, and is sure to make for very fun gameplay.

Still, it kinda ruins Lucario if Mewtwo and Jiggs are coming back...Anything's possible, though! :D
i dont really think so because pokemon is one of nintendos top sellers so its going to get a couple of more fighters then others

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
i dont really think so because pokemon is one of nintendos top sellers so its going to get a couple of more fighters then others
Hrm, true....Pokemon does have a good chance of being a 5-rep series, given its sucess, and since Gardevoir's out of the question now (Not that she ever really had a chance. She's one of my fav. pokemon, but still...this applies to Meowth and Blaziken too), Lucario's the most likely next pokemon, IMO.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
we can only hope hes not in a pokeball lucario ftw!! :D (and if they bring mewtwo back make him more faster lol ) pokemon ftw too!!!

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Pokémon having 5 reps it's quite demential. Adding Lucario it's more than difficult...My only guess would be if they took Jiggly or Mewtwo out. Then again, Jiggly is in Smash Bros. from the very beggining and both Mewtwo and Jiggly have a core moveset to work on Brawl from Melee, so putting them in the roster is practical. And It wouldn't be logical now to add a Pokémon from the 4th generation with other 6 from the 1st Generation, would it?

I wish lucario was in, but I repeat, this is NOT my wishlist. I'm talking about the chances.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Hellz no. 30/32'll be the limit.

And another thing - why do people say "## if you count Sheik, PKMN Trainer's n00b team and so on", it really annoys me. Sorry, just felt like being picky.
1) 30 is under-shooting. I guarantee there will be 40+ characters.
2) Because they are then counting the movesets instead of the characters on the select screen.
3) N00b team? Someone isn't looking forward to playing PT.

Sorry for the double post.

Thought someone would have posted.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Opinions plz.
You got it.

Mario-
I never played RPG so Geno I'm iffy about. I'd rather have another bad guy to be honest. Bowser Jr. I like. Everything else is good.

DK-
K Rool or Dixie is needed. I know Dixie may be just a trophy.

Zelda-
Midna would be cool. Otherwise nice job.

Pokémon (Kudos for the é)-
Good. Lucario is needed. IMO.. don't start screaming at me anti Lucario people.

Retro-
Just the three is good. Pit, IC's and G&W. Sukapon I don't like and I don't know the other guy.

Fire Emblem-
Marth will be back. I don't have a doubt there.

Star Fox-
Wolf would be cool. A costume doesn't unconfirm someone so shush.

Metroid-
Ridley= Win

Earthbound-
Claus is cool. But I liked Ness. He should return.

Other-
No Mii. Maybe as something you fight. but not playable.
Animal Crossing prob won't get a character.. but I wouldn't rule it out.

Also the "Female alternate costume idea" for PT is really disturbing. Especially if he speaks..

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
^ Agreed

No Marth? I see something disturbing in this roster. And I think people would prefer Sigurd over Micaiah.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Flaws: No Lucario, where half the board predicts it. Geno for Mario only is odd, and entirely too fanboyish. Takamaru and Sukapon, neither of which are actually very likely, considering the unfortunate circumstance of being confined to one Japan-only game. Starfy is much more likely, due to being the star of an active and popular Japan-only series.
Marth will be back, because they're remaking his game for the DS.
I'm not too hot on Miis, either.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
I love your roster Bruk or whatever you type your name like. Except I'd subtract WW Link and Ridley. Replace Megaman with Ray Mk III, and add Lip and it's perfect.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i don't want megaman in this game all too much, i mean i'kll play him if he's in, but i would want more 1st party characters before the last 3rd party is snached...

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
I laugh every time a person posts Micaiah in their roster. Seriously, she's not even in the polls, and both Sheeda/Mia are far more requested. Her game also came out in Japan ages ago which makes her case of advertising Radiant Dawn moot, and before the AT confirmation, people were all LYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNLYNMIDNALYNLYNLYNLYNLYN. Now people are doubting that Marth shall return, just because Ike's in the game; even though Ike is proving to be very different from Marth as a laggy sword wielding powerhouse. Characters don't have to be from the most recent game, just look at Pokemon Trainer.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
There are actually a number of facts that go against Geno Makeing it into the game.

There were supposed to be only 2 or 3 3rd party slots. Geno IS NOT owned by nintendo in any way.
They have the rights to nothing except the game in which Geno appeared in.
Snake, Megaman, Sonic are the 3 3rd partys that will most likely be there.

But some hold out hope that Geno can be considered a 2nd and a half party character.
Which is fine actually. BUT There are a number of characters that are more deserveing to be in the game.
By More deserveing I mean the characters have been in more popular better selling games than Geno.
i have already listed over 40 characters that would be put into the game over Geno for this exact reason.
I'll list the characters again if you would like.

PsycoIncarnate himself said there would be 34-40 characters. Being really optimistic if there were 40 characters, that would mean he should be really optimistic for Geno to make it over a "More deserveing character"

Even small characters like Birdo and Bowser Jr. are far more deserveing than geno.
They have both been in More popular better selling games. And they have been in alot more than 2 games. Every single character that is more popular than Birdo and Bowser Jr has alot more of a chance
than Geno. Thats close to 50+

Then if you want to ignore those facts and just keep bringing up the poll over and over.
The poll was done not only to find playable characters but it was also done to find assist trophys
and Pokeballs and other information. Nintendo was going to make characters like
Link's Uncle (A Link to the Past) Dr. Wright (Sim City)
Blue Virus (Dr. Mario) Muddy (Mole Mania)
Poo (Earthbound) Paula (Earthbound)
Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)

Playable characters, Nintendo knew that Geno wasnt as popular as 50 other characters they should put in.
So they put Geno in to see if he should be an assist trophy or to even see if anyone even liked him.
Many other characters were given the same fate
Jill (Drill Dozer) - AT!
Gardevoir (Pokemon) - POKEBALL!
Koopa Troopa (Mario) - ENEMY!
Petey Piranha (Mario Sunshine) - BOSS!
Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!) - AT!
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.) - AT!

they had no intention of makeing any of those playable characters, they just wanted to see
which characters deserved the spot as an assist trophy. I personaly would really liked to have seen hamer bros as playable, but they already have to many Mario reps. They should give the spot to more deserveing characters. Nintendo Will make Geno an assist Trophy ONLY because he did well on the poll.

Thats why the only evidenceyou have is the poll when its not evidence at all.
Evidence is based on which characters are more deserveing to make it into the game.

Here is a list of characters that That are in more popular better selling games than Geno
And all of them are more deserveing to be in the gmae because of this.
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Meta Knight
Pit
Samus/Zamus
Wario
Fox
Snake 10
Zelda/Shiek
Bowser
Donkeykong
Yoshi
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Peach
Diddy kong
Ice climbers
Lucas 20
Sonic
King Dedede
Micaiah
Capt. Falcon
Luigi
Gannondorf
Midna
King K rule
Lucario
Mega Man 30
Claus
Krystal
Jigglypuff
Ridley
Marth
Mewtwo
Falco
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and watch
Isaac 40
WW Link
Wolf
Black Knight
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Ness 46
I actually have alot more that fit into the better than geno catigory

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
mmh... Ice Climbers weren't popular before Melee... nor was G&W.

Then again you say "Birdo". I say... WTF. Birdo as a playable character has the same potential as a Hammer Bro. She/It will be an AT, I guess.

My K. Rool Theory died when:

- Bowser was the main "bad guy" from the Subspace Emissary DK related plot, and IS the main DK badguy since nintendo bought the rights of DK series from Rare (well, in Most Mario+DK mixation, that is).
- Rare killed him. He didn't appear in a DK game since DK64 (not confirmed though... I believe this, that is)
- Can you make a moveset for him, or send me a link? I may have to re-evaluate this... but isn't him too similar to Bowser? He's like a Bowser+Wart+Crocodile.
- He has potential, I don't deny that in any sense... I just can't see it happening, that's all.

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
My K. Rool Theory died when:

- Bowser was the main "bad guy" from the Subspace Emissary DK related plot, and IS the main DK badguy since nintendo bought the rights of DK series from Rare (well, in Most Mario+DK mixation, that is).
- Rare killed him. He didn't appear in a DK game since DK64 (not confirmed though... I believe this, that is)
- Can you make a moveset for him, or send me a link? I may have to re-evaluate this... but isn't him too similar to Bowser? He's like a Bowser+Wart+Crocodile.
- He has potential, I don't deny that in any sense... I just can't see it happening, that's all.
Sigh....

1. Well I guess Petey fighting Kirby would deconfirm King Dedede. Why anyone would want to see Donkey Kong fight K Rool the first Nintendo crossover storyline and probably the last is beyond me.
2. Incorrect he has appeared in quite a few. Even the new terrible Donkey Kong Barrel Blast.
3. No he uses Jet Packs, Cannon-balls, Boomerang crowns and has been a Pirate, Mad Scientist, King and Boxer. His moveset would eclipse Bowsers in creativity and originality.
4. I and many other can. 'Sakurai's poll' argument anyone?

Top Bottom