• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Power of the Pen! Vote for Maxwell on smashbros.com!

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
Scribblenauts is game that is loved by many. With its fun and unique gameplay, Scribblenauts is a game you're not going to forget anytime soon. Scribblenauts is where anything you type will come to life in game, while completing puzzles in some very crazy situations. Need to open a Piñata? Endless ways to do it. You could use a Baseball bat, a chainsaw, have a Gorilla attack it, or even shoot it with a Bazooka. The game is played the way you want it to be. You can be a peaceful player, or you can be a destructive overlord. The choice is up to you. Although nothing would be possible in the game without the main character, Maxwell.

Who is Maxwell?

Maxwell is a kid with a magical notebook where anything he writes in it comes to life. How cool is that! Alien? Bungee cord? Lunch box? Your mom? Everything appears. Or maybe you want a Bathtub with wings? Almost anything you can think of, the notepad can make it real. Maxwell uses his wit and knowledge to solve hundreds of puzzles to collect Starites for his own personal quest.

Scribblenauts games

Maxwell has stared in 5 diffrent Scribblenauts games, 1 of which was even a iOS and Android mobile app.
Scribblenauts:Released in 2009 on Nintendo DS, and was the first game to kick off this series.

Super Scribblenauts: Released in 2010 on Nintendo DS, and featured new levels, new items, and added the adjative options, to get combintions such as a Winged Polka Dotted Bathtub.

Scribblenauts Remix: Released in 2011 on iOS, 2013 on Android. Was a remake of Scribblenauts/Super Scribblenauts for mobile devices, but lacks some key features the original two games had, while still providing a good experience for new players. This version of the game helped Scribblenauts reach a whole new audience.

Scribblenauts Unlimited: Released in 2012 For Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and PC. This is the first time Scribblenauts was released on PC, helping the game reach an even bigger audience. This game introduced back story to how Maxwell got his magic notebook, introduces family members, and adds much more content.

Scribblenauts Unmasked: Released in 2013 on Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, and PC. This game takes everything from all the previous games and mixes it in with the DC Hero Universe, and very heavily plot based.

Why should Maxwell be in Smash?

Maxwell is a well loved character and has recent games on the Wii U and 3DS Market. Meaning the market for people playing Smash Bros is also a target market for Scribblenauts. While the Mobile App isn't bringing in money for Nintendo, it would still advertising for Smash. He is also a very unique character, and there's no current character on the roster that is in anyway like him. Maxwell would add a very nice mix up to the list of characters, meaning Sakurai would like to put him in due to his uniqueness. It a character that many people wouldn't think of to add, but Maxwell is an obvious choice to add to Smash. Maxwell would be a character that anyone could enjoy, completive or casual, he's your man.

Maxwell's Attacks.

Maxwell would be a very good fighter due to his Notebook meaning he could create any item to fight with. His special attacks have so many possibilities. He could duke it out on Final Destination against all other fighters with no problem.
Possible move set 1:
Normal A- Quick 3 Punches followed by a Kick
Up Tilt- Pulls out Giant pencil and Swipes it up
Down Tilt- Spins Giant pencil in a circle down
Forward Tilt- Swipes giant pencil forward quickly
Up Smash- Raises up cinder block in a quick jabbing motion
Down Smash- Jabs electric plugs into the ground and shocks the ground around Maxwell
Forward Smash- Uses a big boxing glove to attack forward
Dash Attack- Pulls out a shield and bashes the Target with it, shield will also block projectiles
Up Aerial- Jabs Upward with a sword
Down Aerial- Throws a Bomb downwards with Meteor Spike
Forward Aerial- Pulls out a sword and does a cut forward
Back Aerial- Maxwell pulls out an Electric Fan and hit with it, also has a strong windbox on it.
Neutral Aerial- Maxwell throws his arms and legs out like a star, dealing damage
Pummel Grab- Head butt
Up Throw- Throws straight up
Down Throw-Jumps up and throws down and then throws a rock at target
Forward Throw- Spikes forward like a volleyball
Back Throw-Hit backward with Golf Club
Standard Special- Laser pistol
Side Special- Maxwell does a dash forward that can be charged up (Like Ike's) and deals damage with a spear
Up Special- Jumps in Flying Bathtub and flying up and when Maxwell jumps out, the tub falls down and deals damage
Down Special-Hold to charge, and then summon a small T-Rex that dashes forward and attacks (like Zelda's Phantom)
Final Smash- Creates a black hole and sucks all players in and them explodes.
Forward and Back Taunt- Jumps up and down
Down Taunt- Sits down and smiles
Up Taunt- Does victory pose from game

His moveset has so much potential seeing as how it could be anything. If anyone has more ideas for movesets, let me know and I'll add them.

Maxwell for Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS

Overall, Maxwell would be a great character to add to the game for his unique and fun playstyle, he would be an amazing character for all to enjoy, and Maxwell could have such a fun moveset like none have seen before.
But yet Maxwell would fit right in. With Maxwell still being in recent games, he makes an excellent case for being in smash.
Vote for Maxwell for Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS!

EDIT: Spelling fixes.
EDIT 2: Reformated, and added thingies.

Last edited:

Zerocakes

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZeroBox
3DS FC
1607-2766-5470
I voted for Maxwell! He deserves more love and he'd make an awesome, unique new character. It's unlikely he'll make the cut due to how little votes he's getting but we'll never know until it happens :D

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
While, I do love the Scribblenauts games, I don't think Maxwell is very likely. He's just kind of not as big or popular as the other suggestions. I'd support though.

Last edited:

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
Have't gotten on Smashboards in a while, and come back to find this thread revived. Awesome.
While, I do love the Scribblenauts games, I don't think Maxwell is very likely. He's just kind of not as big or popular as the other suggestions. I'd support though.
Let's be honest. If Wii Fit Trainer can make it in, I think Maxwell ha a chance. He really just needs the support, almost everyone I talk to has said they would love Maxwell to be in the game. Maxwell just needs the support.

#Maxwell4Sm4sh

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Have't gotten on Smashboards in a while, and come back to find this thread revived. Awesome.

Let's be honest. If Wii Fit Trainer can make it in, I think Maxwell ha a chance. He really just needs the support, almost everyone I talk to has said they would love Maxwell to be in the game. Maxwell just needs the support.

#Maxwell4Sm4sh
You don't get the difference. Wii Fit Trainer is a Nintendo owned character and her series sold a lot of units, more than Smash actually. Maxwell is a third party character who isn't as iconic as the rest of the third parties. Look at the third parties in the game, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, all iconic characters. Maxwell doesn't seem likely.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
He would be a perfect assist trophy. I feel he has too much potential as a playable character, and he doesn't have as much influence as Mega Man, Sonic, Ryu, and Pacman. But I'd still be really happy if he were in the game in some form because Scribblenauts is one of my favorite non-Nintendo games!

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
You don't get the difference. Wii Fit Trainer is a Nintendo owned character and her series sold a lot of units, more than Smash actually. Maxwell is a third party character who isn't as iconic as the rest of the third parties. Look at the third parties in the game, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, all iconic characters. Maxwell doesn't seem likely.
My point is obscure characters can make it in. I get that Wiii Fit is a Nintendo character.

Nintendo has also had very good relations with the Scribblenauts games, with even the last releases on WIi U, they made words like Yoshi, and Link, and other Nintendo things objects in the game.
I get what you're also saying about that it's big name 3rd party characters making it into the game.
It's still fun to hope, and I really think with enough support, Maxwell can make it in.

He would be a perfect assist trophy. I feel he has too much potential as a playable character, and he doesn't have as much influence as Mega Man, Sonic, Ryu, and Pacman. But I'd still be really happy if he were in the game in some form because Scribblenauts is one of my favorite non-Nintendo games!
His custom move sets (if he got any) would be crazy :p imagine all the things they could put in because of his potential.

BunnyBoy1337

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3265-5888-7478
Nearly every Scribblenauts game has been on Nintendo systems. The only exception is Remix, which is basically just Super Scribblenauts on an iPad... Also, most of those Wii Fit units were never touched again after people saw their Wii Fit Age.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Nearly every Scribblenauts game has been on Nintendo systems. The only exception is Remix, which is basically just Super Scribblenauts on an iPad... Also, most of those Wii Fit units were never touched again after people saw their Wii Fit Age.
So, that just makes him more likely than say someone like Crash Bandicoot. Also about the Wii Fit units, that could be true, BUT THE SERIES STILL SOLD BETTER THAN SMASH. Also the fact that the series is owned by Nintendo. Maxwell has way to much competition and is barely requested. He isn't likely. He has to go up against other third parties like Snake, Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Shantae, Shovel Knight, and so many others that are more iconic than him.

DroveSour

Smash Cadet
Giving this one last bump with the ballot closing tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe Maxwell will finally have the support he deserves all of a sudden.

Top Bottom