• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Population of Hyrule - The Hyrule Historian

bioalp43

Smash Journeyman
Hello fellow Zelda fans!

Today I completed my video on the population of hyrule, and through using a population model, determining how much time passes between each game.

You can find the video right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Rl9Gz2ikQ

But just a short synopsis,

I determined the population of Hyrule by comparing Twilight Princess to Medieval England right before the bubonic plague hit in 1348.

Using the knowledge of the populations then, I extracted the population for Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time, and then determined how much time passed bettween those three games.

Check out the video for the full formula and method I used to calculate my numbers but just in case you are curious. . .

The populations are:
SS - 400,000
OOT - 2,080,000
TP - 3,000,000

Also the time between SS to OOT is about 1100 years, and the time between OOT and TP is about 250 years. Enjoy!

Top Bottom