• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pivot Smash: Revisited

Metatitan

Smash Master
I was goofing off in training mode when i started to try out the pivot smash, that is running, turn around and smash. Well when i turned around I decided to run a little further and then forward smash. It worked. Using this i was able to travel about the full distance of the final destination diamond thingy in the middle. If i tried to do it further, i would dash attack. I also tried this with down smash: it worked. I knew this was somehow related to running so it wasn't a yoshi only tech. I was sortof right. While other characters could do this, the distance traveled varied. The only characters to gain a distance of that of yoshi goes as the following: Toon Link, MK (yes the broken mk :(), and ROB, equal to yoshi's distance. Bowser, Snake, and Wario gain about 3/4 of the Diamond's distance from doing this. All characters can do this technique, but those ones are the only ones where it might be worth doing (link mabey he goes like a DR distance). I'll post a video of it up soon, but if this has been discovered, Shiri please lock this.

PFANT

Smash Cadet
you can do this going forward instead of just backwards. You dash and then tap back and then press forward, followed by hitting c stick. works really well with marth's charged forward smash

Top Bottom