• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pivot Grab: Applications, Comparisons etc

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
hello my mewtwo maining friends.
I have been playing fox lately (needed a high tier main badly) and I have noticed a difference between the two characters' pivot grabs. (Note: pre-patch: could somebody test this?) Fox's, when running, was able to grab BEHIND the opponent. This was useful for roll reads and mix ups and other stuff.
Now, post-patch, has mewtwo's pivot grab improved due to the patch? And if so, is it similar in application to say fox's or sheik's? If not, what are its ideal applications given mewtwo's grab range hindrances?

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
hello my mewtwo maining friends.
I have been playing fox lately (needed a high tier main badly) and I have noticed a difference between the two characters' pivot grabs. (Note: pre-patch: could somebody test this?) Fox's, when running, was able to grab BEHIND the opponent. This was useful for roll reads and mix ups and other stuff.
Now, post-patch, has mewtwo's pivot grab improved due to the patch? And if so, is it similar in application to say fox's or sheik's? If not, what are its ideal applications given mewtwo's grab range hindrances?
Mewtwo's grab has not been buffed... as of now.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
High tier? You got your high tier main anyways babyyyyyy!!

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
His pivot grab is -indirectly- better since his dash speed now allows him to correctly run through enemies. It was so hard to run through people before this movespeed buff tbh.

Last edited:
Top Bottom