• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PERFECT HDTV (well for games anyhow)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm looking for a an HDTV that can play all 3 next gen systems in their highest resolution with NO input lag anyone know of this wondrous Tv?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm afraid there is no such TV. Any HDTV will lag on the Wii. The Wii can only output 480p max, so the signal will have to be upscaled to the resolution of the TV.

You CAN get really good HDTV's that don't lag for the 360 and PS3, though. Look at the ViewSonic NX2232 that MLG uses, for example.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
0_0 umm... Im not sure if a TV like that exists. At some point in its life there will be input lag. TVs just arent made with us gamers in mind. As far as resolution goes, a lot of TVs have the right settings for the Next Gen systems' highest resolution but I don't really have any suggestions except don't buy a brand youve never heard of. Really any brand is fine...yay for ViewSonic!

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Guess I'll just play Wii in standard. thanks!
EDIT:it only comes in 22inches if I get a different bigger one from the same series will the lag situation differ?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't know what to look for to tell if it's what I need and it's not THAT big a hurry I just want to know how much money to save.

th0rn

Smash Lord
few questions... whats your budget?

what size? as big as you can get or do you have a certain size you want for your room?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
You'd think with how big the gamer demographic is becoming, TV makers would start taking gamers into consideration. Some have done so as noted by the semi-famous "Game Mode" in many TVs' options menus (my dad's big-screen TV has it).

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
You'd think with how big the gamer demographic is becoming, TV makers would start taking gamers into consideration. Some have done so as noted by the semi-famous "Game Mode" in many TVs' options menus (my dad's big-screen TV has it).
Man I wish there was I thought one existed oh well Sonicview it is

PB&J

Smash Hero
i posotive that if u get a tv that is 120hz ,which most are 60, it wont look it up...but im sure because my friend has one but they aren't cheap

Top Bottom