• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Perfect Controller?

Sorual

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sorual
3DS FC
3823-8735-8509
if your gonna read then pls read the whole thing. thx! :)

in recent times, it has come to my attention that the gamecube controller adapter has sold out. im glad i have one. XD but either way, it means that people who did not get the adapter will not be able to use the gamecube controller (which a lot of people seem to like for smash) for smash bros wii u and instead, need either the hori battle pad or pdp fight pad to get the GCN controller experience. im sorry for those people who are not comfortable with that. but if you do have the adapter than i thought of something. the hori battle pad seems to solve the 1 problem i have with the gamecube controller for smash bros. the pressure sensative trigers. i always thought that using the shield/dodge roll would feel better with digital buttons. (thats one of the reasons i loved the 3ds controls) hori solves that problem my making the triggers digital. i wanted to use it but i heard that there is a problem with wireless controllers. slight input lag. i dont want that and thought it was 1 step away from being my perfect smash bros controller. i then thought that if there was a way i could mod it or use an adapter to make it wired than it WOULD be perfect! i then stumbled across an adapter called the "Classic Linker" made by EMS. it turns a classic controller (what the hori battle pad is) into a wired gamecube controller. and there you have it. plug the battle pad into the first adapter making it a gamecube controller, then the wii u adapter to make it function in smash wii u, and done! perfect smash bros controller. i just thought id share. plus you could use this adapter to play brawl, project m, and melee! i dont have a hori battle pad nor the adapter to turn it into a gamecube controller, but i found it fun to think about this anyway. XD what are your thoughts?

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Going through 2 different adapters, I wouldn't be surprised if it introduces as much input lag as you would have with a wireless signal, if not more. Which is probably still an insignificant amount.

Top Bottom