• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The people who made the stages for Brawl needs to be fired.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
I like the more normal competitive stages but sometimes stages with crazy elements can be fun to play. Like running straight at the Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City avoiding the bite and getting the person chasing me bitten instead.

Also Temple FFA/Teams is what I used to play with friends on Melee frequently so i'm pretty partial to it as well.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Rumble falls is, I think, the one stage that both casual gamers and competitive players can agree is stupid as all hell.

I don't know why they even put it in. Nobody liked Icicle Mountain or whatever in melee, did they? No one I've ever met. When that game came out and I was thirteen or whatever, the first thing I did once I got control of the stages was turn that **** thing off, and no one ever complained.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Rumble falls is, I think, the one stage that both casual gamers and competitive players can agree is stupid as all hell.

I don't know why they even put it in. Nobody liked Icicle Mountain or whatever in melee, did they? No one I've ever met. When that game came out and I was thirteen or whatever, the first thing I did once I got control of the stages was turn that **** thing off, and no one ever complained.
One of my biggest complaints is honestly that no one really gave Rumble Falls a fair shot. It's a pretty fun and interesting stage that's not obviously broken (though perhaps broken on inspection; it's not clear).

Icicle Mountain was a pretty bad stage, but Rumble Falls isn't really very similar. And further, Icicle Mountain was far from the worst stage in Melee; it was just obviously ridiculous. If you actually tried playing on Icicle Mountain and then tried playing on Venom, you'd quickly see that Icicle Mountain was a much better stage. Icicle Mountain may have supported a variety of obviously overpowered tactics and quick deaths, but Venom just supported people camping the lower wings and doing wall nonsense and was about as fun as pulling teeth on top of being completely broken. I actually thought Icicle Mountain was a pretty fun stage even if it really wasn't fair in any real sense; Venom was just stupid since anyone with a brain could see the best (and super boring) way to play Venom.

TheShuckler

Smash Rookie
Geez, did you guys think there are people that DON'T play competitively?
Ya, those are who those stages are for.
Big maps are fun to play in if you're at a party or something.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
Competitive, of course not.
If you're looking at it from a casual view I say those two are all right. I don't play on them at all, but I'm sure others do.

Top Bottom