• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Penalty Box

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Anaheim Mighty Ducks Fan Right Here!

I'll admit, I do not follow the NHL as much as I used to, but I do appreciate the sport. The Anaheim Ducks are my favorite team. They've been my favorite team since about 1996. Yeah, it's the movies more than anything as to why I became a fan, otherwise I would likely be a Detroit Red Wings fan because that is the closest NHL franchise from where I live. I'm a Lions, Pistons and Tigers fan in the other 3 major North American sports.

Not only did the movies get me into the Ducks, but I watched them on television a lot in the 1990's, and they had a good team with stars such as Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne (who still plays for them!) Then there was Guy Hebert, Bobby Dallas, Dake Karpa, Russlan Salei,......that's all I can remember off the top of my head at the moment. I enjoyed the Ducks 2003 playoff run with Jean Sebastain Giguere in net. He completely shut down the Red Wings, Stars and Wild in that post season, and then played well against the New Jersey Devils who ultimately beat Anaheim in 7 games. It was nice to see the Ducks win the Stanley Cup in 2007 and see Giguere and Selanne hoist the cup. I still wish the Ducks had Giggy in net. Now the Colorado Avalance have Giguere.

Lastly, The Anaheim Ducks seriously need to bring back their old logo with the Jason mask and the hockey sticks. The new one with the Duck print is horrid. The new logo has got to be the worst in the league. It's not intimidating or cool at all.

Ultimately, I'm looking forward to this season. The Blackhawks, Penguins, Bruins, and Kings are amazing, and then there are the traditional powerhouses of Detroit, New Jersey, Vancouver, Montreal. I wish I could watch more games, but I would have to order VS. to do so. I miss the days when the NHL would be on ESPN 2. They even had NHL 2Nite in the mid to late 1990's. I find it hard to fathom why the NHL isn't all that popular in the United States as it was 15 years ago. Then again, there is the Canadian channel which has Hockey Night in Canada.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Sadly, despite being in Pittsburgh, I dont catch as much hockey as I would like to.

Well, thats probably because I am NOT a pens fan, but im from cleveland so pittsburgh sports arent really my forte (sorry sharkattack, i cant agree with your sport choices either : P dem tigers tsk tsk tsk)

Im a Rangers and Hawks fan. Hawks are looking great....but the poor, poor Rangers.....

Hoping to catch some more games. Hockey is just so interesting.

SharkAttack, at least its supposedly more popular than the NBA in viewership (so i have been told)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like playing hockey, but like many sports I'm not interested in watching it unless I'm actually there.

Top Bottom