• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Oz Online Rendezvous Thread

Jaz

Smash Ace
Contrary to the fad lately in the Australian regional zone for making useless threads....

Wifi matches are going to become/ have become a serious alternate solution for competitive play in our series of close nit communities. People who have been in the community since kaydash, to the newer people here are going to want to host matches or vs people. Pretty soon too, as most people are taking steps to importing brawl before the pal release date.

So this thread is more to direct forum traffic thats been happening in the other threads about meeting up, and now newer members don't have to sort through pages of our babble :p

Mic has already made a thread that lists peoples friend codes here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=132291

I don't know if this thread will have any tournament related purpose, i think it will just be a friendly meet up point.

enjoy ^_^

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Yeah we needed on Online thread. If anyone wants to challenge someone else, they can post here. They can also gloat about their victories here as well :). I would challenge you (Jaz) right now but my Wii is broken and is currently flying to the states for repair. Two months later and it should be back Home Sweet Home.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I have adsl2 but my internet is sooo slow. Anyone got a clue why this might be. My Wii also had problems connecting to the internet and staying connected. Stupid Walmart. I bet they dropped my Wii.

Yes two months is a long time. It feels even longer when your imported brawl arrrives a week before you actually send your Wii.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I've been having too much fun with Wi-Fi, good idea Jaz!

Looks like I'm about to have more fun weee :D

Fun-Gi

Smash Rookie
All of my online experiences (with friends, not with anyone) have been incredibly laggy, have other people (i.e. Bjay) been having relatively lag-free matches?

Bjay

Smash Lord
I've had a few cases of bad lag, or slight lag.

But for me, it's been smooth sailing. Most of the time, everything has been lag free for me. I've been very very happy with that, which makes me wanna play on Wi-Fi more.

Tonight, I had my first Free For All that was lag free. The only time there was lag was during the themed entrances :) But as soon as the Announcer guy said 'GO!' the match was completely lag free :D

Bjay

Smash Lord
Though I did lol to that Suntan Luigi, it seems that both ends share the same amount of lag!

I've had my first Perth opponent too that I had no lag against.

So Perth smashers, I would like to play Brawl with you too! I can only think of Blackadder and Mic_128 at the top of my head atm! :p

scotty_s7

Smash Rookie
ive had a few online matches, all are pretty good. some times there is little lag and like once every second match there might be some hardcore lag. but its still very playable. i will be up for quite a while. anyone who wants to play, lettme know. pm me

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I remember when I first saw the word rendezvous, I thought it was pronounced as ren-dez-vez. Ah good old days. I was only like 7 so like if you make fun of me, I'll like do something that you really don't like.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol.

Your post sounds too much like like Jam'ie from Summer Heights High.
Smashboards is sooo like you know like cool and all that.
Like, you know what i'm like, on about don't you?

Bjay

Smash Lord
It can still be used, it's just the fact that some would message over something like MSN for a Wi-Fi match, it just depends really. I think this thread will save lots of useless threads being made.

Jaz

Smash Ace
omg i got encouragement ._. lmao

i can just see the melee voice over guy when you f*ck up a target test or something saying failure
people will use this thread, I'm gonna use it soon lol

Bjay

Smash Lord
see there you go :p

I just use MSN or randomly pop online on Brawl and hope somebody is, and sometimes there is xD

Top Bottom