• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Overlord's Roster Predictions

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
First off, welcome to The Overlord’s Roster Predictions. Now, I’ll go ahead and say that it does look a bit messy at the moment. It should look better within a couple of days, just bare with me for the meantime. I will be updating this list when any confirmations or deconfirmations happen, or when I update the list itself.

Just before we start, I'll just need to clear something up. If the characters text is green, that means I got that prediction correct, If the characters text is red, that means Igot that prediction wrong.

Predicting Roster

Donkey Kong
1. Donkey Kong

DK is one of my old-school favourite characters. Shame it doesn’t look like he’s been improved.

2. Diddy Kong

Finally, he’s joined the fight. He was my second most wanted character to be in.

3. King K. Rool

Many Smash fans think now that we have Diddy, that’s it for the DK franchise. However, I think otherwise. Diddy was updated quite early, and looks like he’ll be a starter, so I think K. Rool has a good chance being a secret unlockable newcomer. The only thing that’s stopping him is if he becomes a SE boss only (but I think that he could be both).

Star Fox
4. Fox

Fox looks as cool as ever.

5. Falco

I didn’t like that Falco was a clonish character in Melee, but Starfox Assault has shown that he can have a different move set. I’m hoping he’s in, but I’ll start dreading his chances if I see Wolf is a PC.

6. Krystal

Krystal is pretty much the most likely newcomer to become a PC. Also, her voice actor has leaked that she will be voicing Krystal in Brawl, so that also increases her chances. Plus, Sakurai has shown interest in her. The really question is will she be in her Adventures outfit or her Assault one.

Kirby
7. Kirby

Kirby says “Hi”.

8. Meta Knight

I don’t mind MK, but having two special move updates is ridiculous. I’m not looking forward to online play (if you know what I mean).

9. King Dedede

Penguins with hammers rock, there’s no denying it. It’s cool to see Dedede finally cause chaos on the smash world.

F-Zero
10. Captain Falcon

This information is top secret. Falcon in Brawl must not be revealed to the world. Hold all F-Zero updates. This is a matter of life of death. Seriously, this is just sad. Falcon should’ve been revealed already. Instead, Sakurai plays Area 51 with us. GIVE US A FRIGGIN’ F-ZERO UPDATE, ALREADY!

Metroid
11. Samus (W/ Zero-Suit Samus)

I’ve never played Metroid, but I am getting MP3 for Christmas. Anyway, nothing else to say, Zamus was a good addition.

12. Ridley

A character that has a decent chance of getting a PC status. However, the SE boss status is not far off reality. He would be a cool character, though.

Mother
13. Lucas

Lucas seems like an interesting character, and I’m waiting for the day Ness is finally updated as an AT.

14. Ness

At first, I thought he would get in, but after seeing Lucas' special moves, I was pretty sure he was gone. But now there's this.

From the looks of it, Ness is gonna be a starter, which is why Lucas hasn't beeen playable at WHobby, so Ness might be up on the Dojo very soon. And since the Mother franchise isn't big, I've removed Claus from this list all together.

Pokemon
15. Pikachu

Pokemon’s mascot has returned, with all the pika you need.

16. Pokemon Trainer (W/ Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard)

Now this is a unique newcomer. I’m no real fan of Pokemon these days, but I’ll definitely try out one of my favourite Pokemon, Charizard.

17. Jigglypuff

I loathe this character. I’m hoping Sakurai will shock the smash community by making Jiggs a pokeball, but she does have a good chance. Now from the looks of it, she's confirmed.

18. Lucario

Looks like Lucario is replacing Mewtwo. He was shown with Jiggs, PT and Pikachu on a similar screen to the Mother one, but do I need to give you a screen of that?

Legend of Zelda
19. Link

It’s great to see Link in his TP look.

20. Zelda (W/ Sheik)

It’s also great to see Zelda in her TP look, too. As for Sheik, She looks good aswell, but I'mm just hoping she's been nerfed at least a little.

21. Ganondorf

He shouldn’t be excluded from Brawl. He was a clonish character in Melee, but he’s also the main villain for the LOZ serious.

22. Midna

With link and Zelda in their TP looks, and Ganondorf likely to have his TP look as well, I feel that Sakurai’s looking at the TP game than other LOZ games, which gives Midna a chance. I would prefer her to be a solo character, and not teamed up with Wolf Link.

Super Mario
23. Mario

Nintendo’s number one gaming icon. ‘Nuff said.

24. Peach

Yes Mario, your princess is in another Smash game.

25. Bowser

I’m more interested in Giga Bowser than normal Bowser.

26. Luigi

Too popular to not return. I’m expecting Luigi to have a couple of altered moves.

27. Geno

I don’t really have much to say here. He was mentioned four times by Sakurai, which gives him a good chance of getting him, but don’t forget, Geno is a third party character.

Yoshi
28. Yoshi

Yeah, Yoshi… with brown shoes.

Fire Emblem
29. Ike

If Ike’s a starter, I will try him out first. It was good thing to see him in.

30. Marth

Marth was the first FE lord, and he was in Melee. He is Japanese, but so was Roy, the other FE rep that was in Melee, but removing Marth is not a good idea, as he’s part of the franchise’s history. Plus, Lucas has shown that Japan-only characters still have a good chance.

Game&Watch
31. Mr. GAW

If he’s not a PC, it would be a dark day. He’s the most unique character in Melee, and is the easiest veteran to add in. And the hidden Icon number 13 looks to be the GAW icon.

Ice Climber
32. Ice Climbers

I didn’t think they would come back, but their confirmation made me go “Wow”.

Animal Crossing
33. Animal Crosser

A character that was debatable the second the AC icon showed up on the DOJO. If you ask me, the Animal Crosser has good chances. Not because of the icon, but because there is a stage, an item, music, and an AT for the franchise. Honestly, Sakurai has put an icon there for a reason, and the AC updates are proving it.

Wario Ware
34. Wario

This wacky character deserved to be in this game. His FS and motorbike combo look cool.

Metal Gear
35. Snake

“Mei-Ling, Samus took her clothes off.” Honestly, who really hates Snake? I mean, he got other third party characters in the game.

Kid Icarus
36. Pit

SSB 64… No Pit. SSBM… No Pit. SSBB, Pit. I’m not fond of retro characters, so Pit doesn’t interest me.

The Mystery of Murasame Castle
37. Takamaru

Now this is the character who I want to get in. Well, I expect that Sakurai will bring one more retro character to Brawl, and I’m looking at this guy. But he’s Japanese, so his chances aren’t good. However, he was high on the polls, so that's why I'm putting him on this thing.

Sonic
38. Sonic

“FTW” I said on October 10th. Sonic was my most wanted newcomer of all, and he looks awesome.

Touch screen/ Pictochat
39. Dr. Kawashima

I predict that this character will be Brawl’s WTF character. The icon is questionable, though. However, think how shocking smash fans will be when they see him out of the blue. I was gonna pick Dr. Lobe instead, but I’ll just wait for now.

Pikimin
40. (Pikimin &) Captain Olimar

ALRIGHT! FIRST CORRECT PREDICTION!
The main protagonist in the Pikimin series has had a fair, no; good chance to get in, and now, he joins the fray. I thought Olimar might end up becoming a PC, instead of ending up being an AT. However, from the sounds of it, he'll be difficult to master.

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Reserves

I’m not predicting these characters to be in just yet, but they will be on the list one by one once a character on my list is deconfirmed.

1. Bowser Jr.

He was gonna be on my list, but then I would be expecting too much from the Mario franchise. He’s unique, but that’s not enough to get him on the list.

2. Young Link

Obviously I am referring to the cell-shaded version. However, I don’t think there should be two links as PC’s (I am not counting Wolf Link). If there is, then don’t be surprised to see two Mario’s as PC’s (Paper Mario).

3. Michaiah

She’s not a sword-wielding FE character, unlike the other three, and the recent release of Radiant Dawn (and Ike) supports her chances. But, I think Marth has got a better chance of getting in, and I only think there’ll be two playable FE characters.

4. Wolf

He’s another Starfox character. Unfortunately, looks like Krystal has got a PC status, and Falco has better chances than Wolf. It looks like Wolf will end up as a SE boss at best, or at least an AT spot. The only real way he has a chance is if there’s 4 playable Starfox Characters, but looking at the roster so far, the chances of that happening is 99-1.

5. Megaman

To me, Megaman does have a fairly good chance, well he did, until a recent podcast came up, I won’t go on about that. Still, Being on Sakurai’s polls and starting on a Nintendo console gives him a fair chance. However, it’s probable that Sakurai doesn’t want anymore third party characters in Brawl. Although Megaman’s chances have now went down, there’s still hope.

6. Isaac

I forgot to add this guy. Well, he's on my reserve list, and for a good reason. Being on Sakurai's polls and having a popular franchise, it seems that Isaac does have a fair chance into getting this. But remember, he wasn't that high on the polls, so he could end up being an AT.

7. Mewtwo

Shame, looks like he's going to become a pokemon pokeball. Mewtwo still has hope. I mean, the player probably still needed to unlock a few characters. But I doubt it.

8. Customisation-able characters

After looking at the Create Stage update, it made me think “Hey, why not a “Create a Brawler mode?” However, this is a long shot. But still it would be cool, though. Just think of the possibilities.

And that concludes it, for now. I will take into account any new Brawl info, and make any changes if needed. Feel free to give feedback, and I thank you for reading this.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
pretty good roster i dont disagree with any at first number 40 made me say theres no way but i see your logic in the icon that picto chat got its own icon while things like mario kart didnt.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I don't like how MOTHER gets as many reps as Metroid in your roster. Otherwise its pretty good.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Do you not know who Isaac is, or just think he has too low chances?
Heh, you beat me to it. Isaac ftw.

Not a bad roster, though I disagree with quite a few things, specifically with Midna over WW Link, and Fire Emblem only getting 2 reps. Props for K. Rool, however.

Also, you follow the Icon Theory way too closely. I agree that it predicts Game and Watch, but that's just because it went 64>Melee>Brawl. The DS Icon threw off the alphabetical part though, and there are probably more Icons than what they've shown, so don't think it's only 1-2 more icons.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yup. Add WW Link. Remove Dr. Kawashima and add Isaac.

Other than that I don't see any problems with it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree with any roster K Rool and Olimar are on.

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Do you not know who Isaac is, or just think he has too low chances?
I was going to put Isaac in, but he simply rolled out of my mind. He has good chances, but I think Sakurai isn't looking into Isaac as much as one thinks. No matter, I'll add him on tomorrow, but only on the reserve list at the moment, unless he gets confirmed on Monday's update.

I don't like how MOTHER gets as many reps as Metroid in your roster. Otherwise its pretty good.
Actually, Metroid has 3 reps. It's just that Samus and Zamus share their character spot. As for MOTHER having two reps, Sakurai is leaning towards MOTHER 3, and Sakurai has wanted Lucas in since 64, and now that Lucas is in, Sakurai might want to add a second MOTHER 3 character in, and Claus is the best option.

I might move Dr. Kawashima to the reserve list for now, and perhaps promote Takamaru up on the Predicting roster list. I'll update the list tomorrow.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Dr. Kawashima will ruin brawl, trust me. I like everyone on the list except for this one. He sux BIG TIME!

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
So close, this ruined your roster.
I agree with the removal of Kawashima. Just because there is a DS icon, it doesn't mean that the DS will have a character rep. Anyway, your roster is pretty similar to mine, minus a few characters, like WW Link, Mega Man, and Isaac.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
AC villager has a better chance than Dr. Kawashima

Also I think there will be a lot more 3rd party char than just 2. Trust me, after delay I expect more chars.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Agreed, take out Midna and Dr. K and put in either WW Link or Vaati, and Isaac or Ray 01 or a new franchise other than that it's an excellent roster

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
That's a pretty solid list on the whole, i agree with virtually all of it. Although i think the inclusion of paper mario and cell-shaded link is likely, and possibly issac as well, your list is a pretty conservative, yet realistic estimate of what brawl will contain.

9/10

Metalknux

Smash Ace

F-Zero
10. Captain Falcon
This information is top secret. Falcon in Brawl must not be revealed to the world. Hold all F-Zero updates. This is a matter of life of death. Seriously, this is just sad. Falcon should’ve been revealed already. Instead, Sakurai plays Area 51 with us. GIVE US A FRIGGIN’ F-ZERO UPDATE, ALREADY!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Bowser Jr is more likely than Geno, for many reasons. The Mario Series is not limited to the number of people that can be on the roster like Star fox series or F-Zero series..

Bowser Jr on the list, minus Dr Kawashima would be much better imo.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Very nice roster. I have nothing to say badly about it :D

Dr. K would be a definite WTF to da max.

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Updated Roster Predictions. I'll add pictures soon. Moved Takamaru to the Predicting Roster. Also added Isaac on the Reserve list.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
7. Customisation-able characters
After looking at the Create Stage update, it made me think “Hey, why not a “Create a Brawler mode?” However, this is a long shot. But still it would be cool, though. Just think of the possibilities.
By this character, do you mean Miis?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Alright, looks good to me.

I mean.. that one from Brain Age is a little meh but WTF characters are supposed to be WTF.

-Onyx

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Updated Roster Predictions
  • Claus Completely Removed
  • Mewtwo moved to Reserves list
  • Ness Added
Mewtwo was not deconfirmed....
As I said before...
Did anyone stop to think that Mewtwo may be a villain, and be a (playable) boss in the SSE, like Bowser and Wario, and not playable in the SSE? Mewtwo was not deconfirmed, please lock this..

Top Bottom