• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Overlooked Report Button

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
tbh i wish you never revealed this.
Now i fear people doing false reports because they lost. With Nintendo's already proven flawed "banning" system, i imagine they will ban people from a report without even looking at said report/game.

Though it will be nice when you meet someone that just dodges you all game and doesnt even try to fight. So annoying.
Only people on Smashboards will see this thread. I can only hope that the people of Smashboards are mature enough not to report someone for sucking or being too good.
Can I report people if they suck?
Hope is dead. On the plus side, your avatar works wonders with this post.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Can I report people if they suck?
Block is more appropriate-- report is for targeting trolls more specifically. If they suck and troll somehow, then by all means... but newbies have enough problems on their hands without hostility to boot.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Reporting players who suck or pissed you off becuase they won/outplayed you is what reporting systems are used for. Nobody actually reports a legitimate player that deserves it in comparison.
Happens in dota2 all the time. Manage to just insanely outplay someone and they immediately go "That had to be hax, reported" and if ANYONE else in the game reports you as well, temp ban, even though you didnt do anything.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Reporting players who suck or pissed you off becuase they won/outplayed you is what reporting systems are used for. Nobody actually reports a legitimate player that deserves it in comparison.
Happens in dota2 all the time. Manage to just insanely outplay someone and they immediately go "That had to be hax, reported" and if ANYONE else in the game reports you as well, temp ban, even though you didnt do anything.
If reporting systems worked, MOBAs would have almost their entire playerbase permanently banned. And playing simply playing CoD would probably set someone on fire. Actually policing a game would take work though, and thus resources that will for better or worse always be spent on the game instead.

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
Actually, forget reporting, I'm going to go look up how to figure some IP tracing so I can go confiscate some peoples' hands. The ****itry of 9/10 games today was just unbearable. A single game of freaking practice and it was after switching to Little Mac. Bleh. The 'blind pick' crap followed by ****less little ****s ****ing leaving after a single match is beyond infuriating. End up with one game trying to chase down a DHD who refuses to even play until sudden death, a Ganon who only knows how to move using side B, a Bowser who knows only how to bowsercide, a Greninja who only knew how to grab and SD, an AFK Metaknight, a rollspamming Samus who only knew how to charge shot, the world's laggiest Little Mac, and a Sheik who only knew how to down B... And only ONE game of even remotely any value, but then they just leave because they lost a close game?

At this point, I'm feeling like Brawl has better online, if only because crippling lag and ****tty input delay and items and so on forced everyone to be equally miserable throughout.

Why must 'actually getting to play smash' be an omitted feature?

TheGingerRussian

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGingerRussian
3DS FC
1504-5955-1641
Actually, forget reporting, I'm going to go look up how to figure some IP tracing so I can go confiscate some peoples' hands. The ****itry of 9/10 games today was just unbearable. A single game of freaking practice and it was after switching to Little Mac. Bleh. The 'blind pick' crap followed by ****less little ****s ****ing leaving after a single match is beyond infuriating. End up with one game trying to chase down a DHD who refuses to even play until sudden death, a Ganon who only knows how to move using side B, a Bowser who knows only how to bowsercide, a Greninja who only knew how to grab and SD, an AFK Metaknight, a rollspamming Samus who only knew how to charge shot, the world's laggiest Little Mac, and a Sheik who only knew how to down B... And only ONE game of even remotely any value, but then they just leave because they lost a close game?

At this point, I'm feeling like Brawl has better online, if only because crippling lag and ****tty input delay and items and so on forced everyone to be equally miserable throughout.

Why must 'actually getting to play smash' be an omitted feature?
Tell me about it. I decided to do some FG last night before bed, and dear god.
All I found were laggy Little Macs, a Sheik, and a homing attack spamming Sonic.
There was one game with a pretty good Fox, and it was the first time I'd seen Olimar/Alph online.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
Everyone keeps attacking me in 1 v 1 for glory... Sakurai says this is banable!

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Kind of hard to be a victim of "relentless targeting" when you're the only target. :p

Belgrim

Smash Apprentice
I'm reporting everyone that rekts me because they're obviously hacking if they're able to land 1 ko on me.

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Well i didn't know this! but at least it's positive that the report button is not very obivious or else there would be an unnessecarily large amount of reports.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Guys, please don't report people who beat you with "cheap" tactics. You'll just get banned yourself once the false reports stack up.
you're saying I can't report those ******s with Toon Link/Link who camp in a corner, spam arrows/bombs, and when you get close they roll, spam down smash, or grab?

damn.

MoonSheep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-2399-7444
I think that the button is there just to make people feel better. I really don't see Nintendo hiring a team to watch reported ssb4 matches all day. Even if they hired a dozen people the workload would eventually be so immense most reports would go unseen.

Noga

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7800-6903
In the WiiU version you can see your opponent's profile just by pressing a button, I wonder why they didn't do the same for the 3DS version. Also I didn't know how to do this on Smash 3DS either, thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Top Bottom