• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Rarebare of DKC: Brash the Bear for Smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Brash the Bear Bashes Into the Stadium

Who Is Brash you say?

Brash is the hotheaded member of the Brothers Bear who originated from the last of the DKC Trilogy, Donkey Kong Country 3: Triple Trouble. He currently resides in Kremwood Forest. Brash is a cocky and stereotypical athlete that thinks he is very fast and is happy only when he is undefeated. He lives in a regular Brothers Bear cabin in the Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country 3 and a sports stadium in the Gameboy Advance remake. In a previous level "Riverside Race", Brash holds a record for completing it one minute and fifteen seconds. If Dixie and Kiddy Kong manage to beat his record and pay Brash a visit, he will throw a tantrum, causing a loose log to fall off a tree and land in the river, leading to a secret Banana Bird Cave. Other than reaching the Cave, Brash has no other significance in the game. If the Kongs revisit him any time after beating him, he will get angry and kick them out.

Are you bananas? Why the heck should I vote for this irrelevant bear?

First of all, Brash the Bear is plot relevant just like the other Brothers Bear throughout the entire game (Meaning that you can't reach the secret Banana Bird Cave without beating his personal record if you want to beat the *ahem* game at 103% for the true ending.) And second of all, he's arguably one of the more memorable members of the bears due to his jerkish attitude and infamous tantrum that he throws when you actually beat his record. So if you get a good grasp of this, he's quite the fan favorite out of the new characters introduced in the game, even in comparison to the more hated Ellie the Elephant and Kiddy Kong.

Being a member of the Brothers Bear, Brash actually has a unique design in comparisons to the more notable Kongs and Kremlings the Donkey Kong Country franchise due to being a bear. As a matter of a fact, he could easily be a playable representative that represents such a group since he's one of the more memorable characters of the game unlike the less liked Ellie the Elephant and Kiddy Kong. The fact that he has the Rarebare logo on his trademark shirt easily meant that the developers and a soft spot fro him despite his minor role. In case Banjo doesn't make in Smash due to his ownership to Microsoft, Brash's inclusion could easily make up for it since he is a bear created by Rare and owned by Nintendo.

Brash's Exciting Moveset Potential

A majority of Brash's uniqueness would come from big a heavyweight that is nimble with =plenty of aerial options due to his unique muscular body. He can have a slow walk, but a powerful run that could even make Bowser's seem like joke. His arms are were his strength comes from the most since this things are capable of shaking the damn ground when slamming them onto a disk in blind rage. So expect most of his attacks to be punches, hooks, elbows, clotheslines, jabs, or even arm flexing.
Due to being a bear, he is cabal of things that these ursid predators are capable of like bites, clawing, punches, body slams, or even damaging others with a powerful roar. Since bears are known for their feral nature and massive strength, he could even attacks with an array of heavy objects like large logs and large dumbbells. His stays of being an athlete can grant him some quick and deadly kicks, those these are even weaker in comparison to his muscular arms.

If that isn't enough moveset potential for you, he can easily borrow some materials from his furry brothers since he is a Brother Bear representative after all. He could toss special coins (known as Bear Coins) in memory of Bazaar, use the explosives from his brother Boomer, swiping a rare plant that he stole from Bramble at his enemies, borrowing Bazooka's old canon named Bessie, kicking with Blizzard's spiked mountain boots, or even using Bjorn's iconic alphorn.
Brash the Bear's Moveset Workout

Attacks

Idle Animation: Brash does a feral stance akin to Bowser with his jaw gaping and his muscular arms outstretched (all while breathing heavily). His actions during this stance would range from doing his mocking pose that he did in the cabin from DKC3 or even flexing his arms arrogantly.

Jab A: Brash does a powerful punch. Follows into another righthand hook. A follow-on with an onslaught of slow, but powerful law swipes.

Forward Tilt: Brash jabs with his left elbow while doing an smug grunt with his body leaned over.

Up Tilt: He does a jumping jack gesture that only attacks with his arms above him, it hits more than ones like Olimar's Up Tilt.

Down Tilt: Brash does a simple "stomp to the foot" with his outstretched leg, this has a decent amount of range.

Dash Attach: Brash does a powerful pounce with his claws outstretched and his fearsome jaws open, which would end in him comically landing onto the hard ground belly first.

Neutral Aerial: Brash does a powerful spin with both of his arms outstretched, one of his more deadlier moves.

Forward Aerial: A quick roundhouse kick in midair with a smug grin on his face.

Back Aerial: He turns around and swipes with his claws, all with a devious glint in his eye.

Up Aerial: Brash swipes his right arm above him at a wide radius wing his eyes follow his hand.

Down Aerial: He does a series of powerful kicks below himself while "running" in midair with the last kick being a guarantee knockback attack.

Smash Attacks

Side Smash: Brash dons the spiked shoes of his mountain loving brother Blizzard and initiates a powerful straightforward kick with his right rood.

Up Smash: Brash takes out a massive dumbbell (specially the ones that you would bench press with) and lifts it into the air while letting out a massive grunt. The bar of the dumbbell does the least damage, but the weights on each side causes the most (Plus, have a rare chance of breaking shields).

Down Smash: Brash takes out Bjorn's alphorn with his teeth and spins it around himself with the strength of his powerful jaws. This is one of his more ranged moves due to the length of the horn itself.

Throws:

Grab: Brash the Bear reaches out with his right arm with a low growl.

Pummel: He starts to viciously bite his foe like any Rarebare would.

Forward Throw: He tosses his foe aside like their trash with his right arm.

Back Throw: He does a roll backwards and toss his foe with his entire body lying on his back afterwards.

Up Throw: He knocks the foe into the air by tossing his victim and knocking him/her away with a fully flexed arm.

Up Throw: He comically bites his foe and tosses them into the air like a dog would throw a frisbee.

Specials:

Neutral Special: Brash Strength: Brash out a massive wooden log (Just like the one his tantrum had knocked down) and tosses it at his foes. The longer you charge the button, the faster it moves and further it goes (Which also helped the log be more of a powerful projectile due to the momentum of his throw). There's a rare chance that he would toss a dumbbell at 10% which has shield breaking properties and moves more slowly regardless of the charge because of its weight. But it can roll on the ground momentarily depending on the charge of the attack.

Side Special: Bear Coins: Brash flips a bear doing ahead of him with a smug grin which would spawn into a new item that he can use at his disposal. Bowling Ball: 45%: Turns into a heavily ball that can be knocked around like the Soccer Ball item, but doesn't move high or far due to its weight. No. 6 Wrench: 25%: Turns into a simple wrench that can be tossed akin to a slower, but weaker boomerang. Shell: 15%: Turns into a simple seashell that can be thrown as a quick projectile that deals slash damage. Patch: 10%: Serves as a wooden momentary platform/shield that can be broken easily from a few strong attacks (Great for protecting yourself from projectiles. Box of Chocolate: 5%: Crates a sweet item that can be ingested to heal 20% health.

Up Special: Bessie Blast: Brash loads himself inside of his militaristic brother's cannon and launches himself into the air as a living cannonball. Due to the gunpowder from the blast, it coats his fur in flames to damage others and he gains minor damage as a result (Making it a high risk/high reward move).

Down Special: Ursus Tantrum: Brash kneels down in anger and roars at the top of his lungs in rage, while would emit a massive red wave to emit from his body. While the attack in general does minor damage, it deals heavy knockback due to the force of the attack, which is also useful for pushing items or projectiles away from him.

Final Smash: Brash's Broken Record: The fitness loving bear now sits peacefully at his wooden cabin desk in hopes that his record isn't beaten. But the timer on the side of it shows that it had intact been beaten, which will cause the bear to twitch the lower eyelid of his right and have his arms outstretched in shock. After his fists length in an imminent rage, the bear finally snap's and slams his fists onto the desk in a fit of rage which will cause the ground to shake. Within every time he slams unto his desk, the ground shakes to damage anyone that's onto it and it can fling any grounded items into the air. In addition to this, massive wooden logs like the ones in his Neutral Special will start falling from various locations to attack the aerial fighters. After great 8 - 10 seconds, he finally calms down and breaths in exhaustion from his temper tantrum (Which will then transition into his wooden desk disappearing and the bear regaining his fighting stance).

Visual Representation:

Taunts:

1. Brash the Bear celebrates like his the winner of the Olympics by cheering to the right and left with his arms outstretched.

2. Brash jogs in place while huffing like any professional would to taunt his foe and showoff his athletic skills

3. Brash checks out the timer around his neck while flexing his left arm at the same time and looks up after he done recording.

Brash's Workout Center for Supporters: Support List

Lampy
Fuzzy PIckles
DaUsername
Super Nintendo Chalmers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Swanky Kong >>>> Brash
But yeah I suppose I will join the cult of dead memes
in case it wasn't clear i support

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Swanky Kong >>>> Brash
But yeah I suppose I will join the cult of dead memes
in case it wasn't clear i support
Welcome aboard, now you may hit the gym 24/7 and try beating Brash's record. He just may respect you.

StormC

Smash Hero
The scariest thing about this thread is how convincing the OP actually is that Brash is a noteworthy character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Forget K. Rool, Brash the Bear is the TRUE newcomer we all deserve.

The BIGGEST one yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I don't know what life is anymore.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Hey, count me in as a supporter of Brash Bear. I have long been a fan of Donkey Kong Country 3 and we need more DK reps to fill out the roster.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
Alright, take it easy. While I think Banjo & Kazooie have a shot at making it maybe even as DLC, I think Brash is the kind of character we'd see with his own moveset (he has so much for a potential moveset from the other Brothers Bear) and probably in the base game as well. But it's absurd to suggest that Brash Bear could be an echo character let alone a Bayonetta echo.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
I supported Brash Bear in Super Smash Bros 4, but sadly he just missed the cut. I really hope they consider adding him this time, because afterall "everyone is here".

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
I agree with his suggested move set for the most part but I do feel he should have a smug grin on his face during more of the moves than described.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I think one of his moves should be sending out the Killer Bees from Riverside Race. They were his lackeys in DKC3, and tried to protect his record of 1:15 on Riverside Race. They would protect him in a battle of Super Smash Bros too.

The_acz

Smash Rookie
Brash Bear in Smash is the perfect choice. The most unlikely character is the most likely. It's a standard left field tactic from Sakurai. Get people thinking that K. Rool is inevitable and then *BAM!* Hit them with the big twist. "I've been prototyping a potential new stage for DK and I think the inside of Brash's hut would be perfect. Brash could still appear on the stage, banging on the counter to cause an avalanche of wooden boards to fall on players, but when he's playable on the stage Alfonzo can easily take over (or perhaps Bazaar Bear, this is still being prototyped.)" - Masahiro Sakurai

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Bear Bear. But I don't know, Brash is such a unique character that I don't think it'd be physically possible to make an Echo out of him. Just look at those golden shoes, no other Bear could match his lightning quick speed.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
This isn't a joke, nor is it inside. Brash is a legitimate candidate that demands respect from the community.

DK represents DKC1, Diddy represents DKC2, and Brash represents DKC3. It's just logic.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only if he smashes the table as one of his attacks.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Wednesday, we will see our favorite Rare Bear confirmed as a playable newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Have you braced yourselves yet? I can hardly contain my excitement for this momentous occasion.

pandajedi

Smash Cadet
Sorry folks. It looks like the Donkey Kong series rep will be King K. Rool and not Brash Bear. But there is still hope for DLC so keep up the campbearing!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Congrats to the King, meanwhile, I will be leaving this community for a while. That means less Brash campaigning too.

PS: If you are from DK Vine and/or love this damn bear alot, don't hesitate and say you want to own this topic.

Stay fit and never forget the true hero of Smash speculation.

Top Bottom