• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only part of brawl I will hate is...

Mr. M

Smash Journeyman
Pensacola, FL Wargh! King Dedede, how dare you be
False, false, and also false.

If you have the latest update, you won't have to update through the disk.

The updates are only forced if you don't have the latest update.

The updates have little to nothing to do with piracy 98% of the time. They're mostly bugfixes.

Occasionally, however, games will come with updates that haven't yet been released via wiiconnect. They usually do this with A-list titles (the last one was with Paper Mario, I believe) to get it out to as many people as possible, so I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with Brawl.
Well it seems we have to disagree, because I get every update that Nintendo has issued me before I have gotten any release game, and the STILL update. And yes, the whole point of this forced update is to brick system, not just bug fixes. True they are for bug fixes, but you aren't thinking out of the box if you believe they are just for bug fixes. They have done this with all A-List games, and I remember that I had to update my system as soon as I put in the disk. I never mind, because I can wait a few minutes.

But yes, most of these updates are to compensate the fact that someone does not have access to WiiConnect24.

woo bump

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
I didn't have to update for Super Mario Galaxy because I updated my system before I got the game. Am I the only one?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Mario Galaxy update took me 15-30 seconds. Read the manual while waitin ^_^!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah but that 3 minutes probably be spent drooling over the manual.

miller483

Smash Ace
The fact that there will probably be a system update when I put the game in... : ( and I won't be able to play before it goes in, which could take like, 10-30 minutes. Those will be the longest 10-30 minutes OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRggglrglrglrgllrglrlglrgllggggrrgg
Compared to the 1.5 years we've spent waiting for this game, that's nothing.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Wait, so... You hate something about a game... That you haven't even played yet... And there's no evidence to even suggest this feature you hate exists.

Please never speak again.
Your sig must explain how your heart feels right now.

Though that anime is kinda cool.

Top Bottom