• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only fighter(s) with actual guns

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
you know how sakurai is against implementing fighters with actual guns, well the props of duck hunt's attack's use actual guns... o_o Sakurai dun goofed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They are pixelated guns, not realistic guns. Sakurai dun't goofed. :awesome:

ten Busch

Smash Cadet
I think stylized counts as "not-gun" ? What does and doesn't count as a gun never really made sense to me, since it was fine for Snake to use C4 and a rocket launcher (and even break other opponents necks).

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Pixelated or not, the gun blasts are in the same graphical style as most of the fighters. AKA, bullets fly too fast to see. Therefore, real guns. Awesome as hell.
Note. you didn't hear any corny lasers or see some janky explosions (especially with the wild gunmen and DHD's final smash.)

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm surprised they are as realistic as they are (despite being pixelated) when items like the home run bat and ray gun were all made to be colorful and unrealistic.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I wonder how many people playing this game will give it a thought to what Duck Hunts smash attacks represent.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I think stylized counts as "not-gun" ? What does and doesn't count as a gun never really made sense to me, since it was fine for Snake to use C4 and a rocket launcher (and even break other opponents necks).
It was pretty clear to me.
What was likely to be in gang violence, and what wasn't?
A kid is not going to go karate kid on another.
Yet picking up a knife or a readily available hand gun is certainly plausible.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Stylized guns fall under "cartoon violence" more so then a realistic gun in ratings and what not.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wonder how many people playing this game will give it a thought to what Duck Hunts smash attacks represent.
Those moves represent frustrated Duck Hunt players futilely attempting to shoot the dog for laughing at them.

spd12

Smash Cadet
NNID
PinkDodecahedron
3DS FC
0104-0418-0459
Those moves represent frustrated Duck Hunt players futilely attempting to shoot the dog for laughing at them.
That, or they're trying to go hit the duck in vain, wasting all three shots in rapid succession.

Top Bottom