• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The only buff Meta Knight needs is range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabulouspants

Smash Apprentice
lol I like how youre downplaing my skill to prove a point. none of those things will work vs good opponents. MK can't compete

please elaborate and what MK should do in neutral vs sheik/diddy for me

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol I like how youre downplaing my skill to prove a point. none of those things will work vs good opponents. MK can't compete
I'm not looking at you based on your 'skill leve'. I'm looking at you by the logic you're spilling.

You're saying that playing smarter/safer will not work against good opponents, when that's obviously false. Sometimes you need to play aggressively, and sometimes you need to play more defensively.

In all honestly, I care little about your skill level, even if you are 'good' (which I currently find it hard to believe since...well, you don't sound like a good player. Good players learn to get good).

We can argue about this day and night, but I think it's best we acknowledge a few things

- MK isn't a bad character. He's pretty solid
- Game is still pretty young. Anything can happen when given time
- Like many characters, MK isn't meant for everyone, and people should play a character they perfer playing
- No character is currently broken/top tier as the game itself is, again, still fresh

I've already requested Omni to go and lock this thread, as it's a pointless thread and can be talked about on the social thread as far as MK. Threads like these are poisonous as it doesn't help create growth on improving a character and their matchups.

EDIT: as of yet, I currently can't comment on the Diddy vs MK matchup, as I've yet to ever face a Diddy Kong in NYC, so I don't have any advice/suggestions on how to face them. The same with Shiek (except I only fought a shiek once, and it was pretty brief).

Last edited:

fabulouspants

Smash Apprentice
you have to realize that diddy/shiek/other top tiers can play "safe" too. and they have moves that are actually safe to throw out in neutral. diddy can spam dtilt/sh fairs for free and camp with peanuts and banana OOS. his uair is safe to spam in neutral too if you want. diddy completey shuts down MK's neutral with superior range/speed/punish game off of every hit he lands.

i don't understand why ur asking for a lock. i mean i know you think youre some community hero or something but youre not.

also if you have wifi i'd really like to play vs your MK. maybe i've been doing something wrong with MK and you can show me his strengths cus I just dont see it lol. I'll admit im wrong though if something incredible happens. first hand experience is the best way to change my mind/open my eyes to MK's strengths. i really like MK but i really think he's not that good.

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Argh, that lag was really bad 2nd match (I had the wifi adapter, but it also just means I need to get onto paying my cable bill. It acts laggy/low quality when I'm behind x.x)

In the end though, I'll admit that you're a bit better then me as far as MK, but my opinion on MK and the possibility of him getting better has remained unchanged. (also, not sure why you're constantly spamming Up Bs when half of the time to most you got punished for it, but w/e)

fabulouspants

Smash Apprentice
using gamepad so random up bs come out when i maeant to do tornado.

but yeah. MK gets completely shut down by the current "top tiers" imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom