• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one where Olimar's down smash flies across the entire stage?

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Hi everyone. Remember that post about some person making an "amazing" discovery about Olimar's down smash? The poster said that when he down-smashed on Yoshi's island, one of the Pikmin that were used in the down smash was launched outward and flew across the entire stage. He even said that he recorded the match, and has the footage. However, he never posted the video, and everyone just laughed at him. And for good reason, too. How absurd was that post?

Well, I just did it.

It's nothing shocking. I will show you how to do it. When your opponent is using a sucking attack, such as Kirby and King Dedede's swallow attack, simply down-smash right next to them. The Pikmin that is closest to the opponent's attack will be sucked towards the opponent, making it appear as though the Pikmin is flying across the stage.

I don't see any use in this, though. You have to be right next to the opponent, about to be swallowed up, in order to achieve this. Also, while the Pikmin does get sucked out of the down-smash and flies a great distance, it does not do any damage if it contacts the opponent. The Pikmin is just being moved around. It cannot actually cause damage. Oh well, at least we now understand that ancient post.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Did the person who originally said they did this mention the sucking attack? Or just say they used a Dsmash and it flew across the stage. I don't see this being very useful at all, unless we can make it happen without an opponent sucking us up :ohwell:

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
No, the original post was really ambiguous. He didn't provide any other details, except that he was on the right side of the Yoshi's Island stage. I personally did something very similar to what he described on Final Destination; not Yoshi's Island.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
well...now we know. I guess it's not really useful right?

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
**** yes!!!!!!!!!!!!now!!!I can ****ING master this **** and make everybody suck my oli **** ***** **** yeah thanks for the tip I'll OWWWNN!!!!1

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
So it works like the Ganandorf superpunch?
Thus meaning we should be able to do it just like that with Mario and Pit?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Black- The reason Ganon's works is it's powerful. Down Smash shouldn't go that far even if it would go a little bit further.

Top Bottom