• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one thing that really pisses me off in Smash 4

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Throws DON'T KILL
I'm really having trouble killing my opponents online... I try to just run in and USmash and people just counters me easily,I try to FSmash and people just rolls away...

Fauni

Smash Rookie
You can´t just throw out moves and expect them to kill... Try to read and punish your opponent. There are also characters whose throws are a decent kill option near the ledge and some can even follow up throws with aerials to kill (see Diddys dthrow to uair). You should go to your mains thread and look up or make a thread on how to kill.

PokemonyeWest

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4770-2872
Most throws KO around 130 or 140. Ness' KOs at 90 from the edge.

Your opponents just have clean DI, probably. The other complaints seem like a you problem and not a Sm4sh problem.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Mega Man, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Dedede, Ness, Pikachu (I think?), Toon Link and Sonic all have back throws that kill off the side at about 100-110%, and I especially like Toon Link's. "Throws DON'T KILL", seems to be rather incorrect :) :p

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Another one to add to the list is Charizard's D-Throw.

Throws might not be as efficient at killing as they have been in past games, but they do have a lot of other uses, mainly to set up combos.

Last edited:

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Landing a grab nets me kills pretty early actually. Why? Because I edge guard... try it...

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Ok, we should only make threads with nothing but positivity about the game to please you.
To be honest the OP did not convey the thread in a constructive manner. Saying something like "GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS THIS GAME?!?!?!? "

He could have simply said something like: Throws, are they too weak?
Or maybe: Opinion: Do throws need a nerf, buff, or tweak?

The title is kind of click bait, which imo is kind of shameful... You should generally know what a thread is going to talk about by its title.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To be honest the OP did not convey the thread in a constructive manner. Saying something like "GUYS YOU KNOW WHAT KILLS THIS GAME?!?!?!? "

He could have simply said something like: Throws, are they too weak?
Or maybe: Opinion: Do throws need a nerf, buff, or tweak?

The title is kind of click bait, which imo is kind of shameful... You should generally know what a thread is going to talk about by its title.
The title could've been better I agree, your suggestions are good. As for the negativity itself, to be fair the OP didn't say it ruined the game for him. (just kind of saying)

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ness' back throw kills reliably at 100%+.

Sonic's B-Throw is good too, and Robin's is decent.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Ok sorry guys, maybe I'm not going deep enough into the moves and just complaining.
Right now my mains are :4pit::4pacman::4palutena::4kirby::4bowserjr::4jigglypuff:, not really good with some of them tho, might look into :4ness:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Reminds me of SSB64 where throws were viable kill moves. Interesting to see that return.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Jesus cries tho... i played like 30 matches to day and only won 2...

Top Bottom