• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One Big Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
After playing around 500 matches in online, I'm completely disgusted by how defensive this game is. I wanna preface this by saying this could completely be biased based on my own personal experiences, but the game is too damn defensive. A ton of players will spam roll in the same direction as you until they have the opportunity for a punish, which at times can literally be up to 9 or 10 rolls. Winning a match doesn't feel satisfying, it just feels like you screwed up less than the other person and got punishes. Camping, as far as I've seen, is a gigantic problem. In short, this game just has too many safe options, lots of characters with majority projectile moves who consistently spam or camp, and it just makes the game incredibly difficult to enjoy. Has anyone else been having this experience?

Doval

Smash Lord
Online and offline are two different things, For Glory is not a tournament environment and random internet strangers are probably not top tournament players.

None of your observations are really relevant to competitive play.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Online and offline are two different things, For Glory is not a tournament environment and random internet strangers are probably not top tournament players.

None of your observations are really relevant to competitive play.
Glad I found a post like this so I didn't have to make it.

Personally I have quit playing online entirely due to how nonrepresentative it is of how the game plays offline.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
I agree that defensive play is much better now, but once we get gamecube controllers again it will be better for offensive players.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
Personally I don't mind defensive play, but defensive play does not really win matches. Offensive play is very much in this game. I once fought a Diddy Kong... He decimated me with quick, near flawless attack patterns. It was amazing. He was the best Diddy player I've seen in Smash 4 or Brawl, and he was offensive 100% of the time.

I will say that I've never had a problem with someone rolling 9 to 10 times. Usually I stop rolling when they start doing it a lot and punish with wide-sweeping attacks with Ike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom