• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Olimar Metagame and MU Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Figured I'd carry one over from all the other character forums. Didn't see one here.
Please discuss:
  • Olimar techs (if there are any)
  • Matchups
  • Strategy
  • etc.

I've bested the few Sonics I've come across in For Glory, but those were probably the most difficult matches so far. His speed, aggressiveness, and (what seems like) high priority attacks make approaching difficult. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If not, please give me advice.

Hadon

Smash Rookie
I have yet to face a Sonic but I'm sure it's naturally a hard match-up from what you listed. Does his spindash cancel out smashes or does he take them to the face?

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
What are you referring to by "spindash"? Sorry, seems like all of his attacks are spin attacks XD
You mean his dash attack, side-b, or down-b?

Hadon

Smash Rookie
What are you referring to by "spindash"? Sorry, seems like all of his attacks are spin attacks XD
You mean his dash attack, side-b, or down-b?
it might have been side b that blocked certain projectiles. Sorry for vagueness.

Ampetrix

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Christopaz
3DS FC
4527-8084-1972
I'm having a somewhat easier time against Rosalina & Luma with Alph & Pikmin more than the other characters. Since Pikmin Throw goes directly to Rosalina, it is easier to stack damage this time around, and her dashes become way predictable in FG, and I can easily slip smashes to her. That's just me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Hey guy! We currently have a Competitive Discussion Thread, as well as a Q&A for the various questions that pop up around the board. I know you said you didn't see anything like this in the board, so I'll post the links for you guys. Also, while we don't have a dedicated match up discussion thread as of yet, I don't think that that is the wisest direction for us to go. Covering matchup discussion in the Q&A and Competitive Discussion threads would probably flow better, as there aren't that many Olimar mains with tournament experience in Smash 4, or practice against high/top level players. With that said, the type of discussion would be more suited in those types of threads, rather than cycling through character discussions.

Competitive Discussion: http://smashboards.com/threads/competitive-discussion-thoughts-on-olimar-so-far.368178/

Q&A Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/olimar-q-a-thread.372923/

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Hey guy! We currently have a Competitive Discussion Thread, as well as a Q&A for the various questions that pop up around the board. I know you said you didn't see anything like this in the board, so I'll post the links for you guys. Also, while we don't have a dedicated match up discussion thread as of yet, I don't think that that is the wisest direction for us to go. Covering matchup discussion in the Q&A and Competitive Discussion threads would probably flow better, as there aren't that many Olimar mains with tournament experience in Smash 4, or practice against high/top level players. With that said, the type of discussion would be more suited in those types of threads, rather than cycling through character discussions.

Competitive Discussion: http://smashboards.com/threads/competitive-discussion-thoughts-on-olimar-so-far.368178/

Q&A Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/olimar-q-a-thread.372923/
oshet. Sorry about that.

A mod should probably close this thread then.
Sorry about that everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom