• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Olimar and Alph Social thread!

Do you think Alph should become a clone?

• Keep him as an Alt.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Give him the Lucina and Dark Pit treatmen (plus Rock Pikmin).

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm there with you on them leaving Olimar as broken as he is. As for the Pikmin desync issue it really just comes down to paying close attention to the Pikmin and optimizing your movement to minimize it. For example if a Pikmin is stuck on the edge of a platform you've run past it likelly isn't gonna come to you if you attack with it if you're too far away. So you'll take not of it being stuck there and maybe short hop towards it to resync it. It's really all about the heightened awareness and understanding of how Pikmin interact whenever Olimar moves and how other objects/characters can affect them.

PassePopinjay

Smash Cadet
I've avoided Olimar like the plague ever since Brawl bc I didn't want to commit to the micromanagement, but I forced myself to play a good amount of matches with him recently, and wow, I gotta say he's actually really fun! There's something quite satisfying about being able to use each Pikmin's strength to their full extent. Will definitely consider picking him up as a secondary.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Haven't had the chance to check for myself yet but looking at the patch notes, did they still not fix Olimar's shield?

I've avoided Olimar like the plague ever since Brawl bc I didn't want to commit to the micromanagement, but I forced myself to play a good amount of matches with him recently, and wow, I gotta say he's actually really fun! There's something quite satisfying about being able to use each Pikmin's strength to their full extent. Will definitely consider picking him up as a secondary.
Yeah, that's why I think reducing Olimar's pikmin limit to 3 was actually a good thing. He was still fun in Brawl, but it felt really difficult to actually micromanage efficiently with that many pikmin by your side. It's much easier to plan out strategies now that you've got an actually manageable army.

Staarih

Smash Master
Ok this thread is quiet but hear me out.

Of all the little "everyone is here!"-trailers the base game characters got, all of them except Olimar's have views over 200k. That irks my OCD as it's so close for him too, so let's help the little guy and stream it over 200k haha:

Top Bottom