• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Zero Samus Suit Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Everyone one knows Samus's suit is where her real strength lies, and that Samus is otherwise a complete weakling and/or noob without it. I propose we give Samus's suit AI, and totaly remove Samus herself, who does nothing but slow the Suit down. We will call this character Zero Samus Suit.

Imagine it, it's exactly like our current Samus, except way faster and cooler because:

A) I'ts Not weighed down by Samus's physical weight, increasing speed in every way

and

B) AI is faster that human reaction time, getting rid of all lag.

Also, more weapons / ammo could potentialy be stored without samus taking up so much space inside the suit. Machine gun missiles!

Zero Samus Suit for Brawl!

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
If I read this right, you want them to make a storyline cop out so they can buff samus up to where she would basically be sheik with missiles?

Sheik with missiles... yeah, I'd really rather they not do that.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm guessing that Crom's suggestion is a thinly veiled criticism of the decision to include Zero Suit Samus as a transfomation. Many Samus players, who favor the traditional suited Samus, are concerned that Samus could be rendered onselete if Zamus is especially powerful (just as Sheik makes Zelda obselete) or at the very least it could make one of the more solid character choices too unbalanced. Some are also worried that one of Samus' moves will be cut to mkae way for the true tansformation.

Assuming that I am correct, allow me to say that I sympathize Crom. I too am concerned about how the inclusion of Zamus will be implented. Samus' suit is cool in its own right, and it is what most fans have grown accustomed to. However, the idea of removing one of the greatest videogame protagonists of all time is just silly.

If you're a Samus player with no interest in playing as Samus/Zamus, you can always hope for the inclusion of Dark Samus as a Samus clone.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
yeah, I don't like Zamus. I play as regular samus all the time, I don't want to deal with a transformation

but as for Zero Samus Suit, haha, you're messed up

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Everyone one knows Samus's suit is where her real strength lies, and that Samus is otherwise a complete weakling and/or noob without it. I propose we give Samus's suit AI, and totaly remove Samus herself, who does nothing but slow the Suit down. We will call this character Zero Samus Suit.

Imagine it, it's exactly like our current Samus, except way faster and cooler because:

A) I'ts Not weighed down by Samus's physical weight, increasing speed in every way

and

Also, more weapons / ammo could potentialy be stored without samus taking up so much space inside the suit. Machine gun missiles!

No... She already needs a nerf. Just no.....

a_oznerol

Smash Rookie
For those people who are saying that Zero Suit Samus will be a transformation of Samus in her power/varia suit and cause Samus to lose a move, why would they say newcomer for Zero Suit Samus?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Personally I absolutly hate fighting Samus, Lets do that but take the AI chip out so your just fighting a garbage can.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol @ people who take joke threads seriously and try to find a hidden meaning or something >_>

omg I get it...Zero Samus Suit because there's no Samus in the suit, therefore Zero Samus! LOL MI RITE? :chuckle: :chuckle:

a_oznerol

Smash Rookie
Behold! The terrible truth in Sakurai's own words:

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

Zamus is a transformation, not a "pure charcater addition". Sad, but true.
I guess I misinterpreted that. I skipped those first few lines the first time that I read that a while back and noticed the last few lines And don't worry-- you'll still be able to play as standard Samus too. and figured that they wouldn't say that for a transformation. Possibly (since there has been no confirmation of Zelda) there could be a new button pressed for transformations and there will be no need to get rid of one of Samus' abilities.

Tera253

Smash Ace
that idea is as bad as Happy Mask Salesman and the Big O. you saw ZSS in the trailer, which is proof not to mess with a woman. *cough*high tier!*cough*
~Tera253~

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
that idea is as bad as Happy Mask Salesman and the Big O. you saw ZSS in the trailer, which is proof not to mess with a woman. *cough*high tier!*cough*
~Tera253~
*Cough* Sheik replacement *cough*

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

and

JesterBox

Smash Ace
^^ Naked snake would be funny ^^ Naked Snake not "Naked Snake" Thats hard to explian, in one of the games you play naked when the badguys take all your stuff away...don't worry it's PG-13 naked

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see support for this thread. I am a samus player. I too feel that my samus gameplay is weighted down from the succubus that resides inside that magnificent sweet suit. My style would be so much better if i could use just the suit. I fear...the worst for Zamus. Support Zuit for Brawl!

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see support for this thread. I am a samus player. I too feel that my samus gameplay is weighted down from the succubus that resides inside that magnificent sweet suit. My style would be so much better if i could use just the suit. I fear...the worst for Zamus. Support Zuit for Brawl!
I'm glad a samus player such as yourself understands the power of that suit.

Zero Samus Suit for brawl!

Shuma

Smash Hero
So it's... like the Sa-X?. you know... faster... more powerfull... more... "liquid".

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
That's what he's wants I bet. Sakurai probably has something special cooked up with zamus that he doesn't want to give away just yet. I am 99% sure you'll be able to use her alone if you want.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but is Zero Samus Suit going to be a seperate selectable character or not? Or is the only access going to be after the suit grabs the Final Smash icon and dumps samus out?

Sacred Vanguard

Smash Rookie
Ya I was wondering the same thing, and I thought about it, I know Zsuit samus looks all uber fast and combo ur butt good...but what if she just happens to suck really bad...

Then what do you do when u Final Smash?
just deal with it for the remaining stocks?

but if she can be selected alone
hopefully these are the options
-her own little selection, like right next to samus
-toggle through the colored suits and Zsuit samus is on the same icon
-Hold down L when selecting samus to be her

i really don't know
i just hope u can select her and she gets her own Final Smash :)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
What the heck man?

I made a thread 2 weeks ago with the EXACT same title.

Edit: My bad, yours is "Zero Samus Suit, and my thread "Zero Suit Samus" .
Still, this is useless considering the number of threads discussing this, plus you're a biter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom