• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Wart for SSBB Thread

Visual

Smash Cadet
I can't believe he's always overlooked...he'd be very interesting as a SSBB character.

He'd have a dfficult moveset, though. All I can think of is:

B - Bubbles

I think he would have a surprisingly strong jump though, since he IS a frog. I think he'd be similar to a combination of Bowser and Yoshi, and possibly Mario. >_>

Impp

Smash Ace
Wart is the bad guy from Mario Bros. 2. No one cares about him anymore. He hasn't been in a game since Mario All Stars. The odds of him being in Smash Bros. are less likely then Cloud being in Smash Bros. If you want to argue, I'll put forth $1,000 dollars, and bet someone 10/1 that he's not in the game as a playable character. He's essentially forgotten.

theleocat5

Smash Cadet
Impp said:
Wart is the bad guy from Mario Bros. 2. No one cares about him anymore. He hasn't been in a game since Mario All Stars. The odds of him being in Smash Bros. are less likely then Cloud being in Smash Bros. If you want to argue, I'll put forth $1,000 dollars, and bet someone 10/1 that he's not in the game as a playable character. He's essentially forgotten.

Point proven. I have no ides who he is. I havent played that game in a very long time though.

He is not the mouse rite?lol :confused: :laugh:

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I dunno. Ninty is all about the retro nowadays. Just play through New Super Mario Bros. It's a downright Mario 1-gasm. True he wasn't originally a Mario Character (DokiDoki Panic) but still, Nintendo might surprise us.

He might be a Bowser Clone, Maybe faster, lighter and with a better jump, and Instead of fire he has bubbles. Or maybe give Wart Bowser's stats from Melee, and think up newer stats for Bows, like they did with Fox and Falco (I always thought that Falco played more like Fox from SSB64 than SSBM Fox did.). Or, if you hate clones (Like I do) give him his own moveset with Bubbles and his own frog-themed moves.

Doctor Grudge

Smash Cadet
Being forgotten doesn't mean hes out of the pool. C'mon look at the super smash roster, alot of those characters are considered forgotten.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
i don't know about wart. although i am probably one of the few people on here that remembers that fat guy, i don't know about that. a bowswer clone? i was severely against clones when melee started because i couldn't tell the difference between them, they all have their different qualities and moves. really the bottom line is that i want more characters. they have a great game already, the only way to improve it is to bring in more stages and more characters.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
nintendo is into retro, but they know a bad character when they see one, and wart was just that. there's no shame in leaving him out forever. Bowser will forever be mario's nemesis. wart was just a bad idea that nintendo will never revisit.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Impp said:

You forgot about Super Mario Advance. Besides, Ice Climbers has been forgotten more than Wart and they were in Melee.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Wart or any SMB2 characters would make awesome characters in Brawl. I'd like to be able to play as Birdo, a Shy-Guy or even Mouser. Can you imagine a bomb-based character? And Wart would also be awesome.

Fact of the matter is this : More SMB2 in Brawl = better game.

Stryks

Smash Hero
As much as I try i cant imagine Wart as a character in brawl, its just plain stupid, no one liked the guy, I say he aint gonna be in it, he didnt even appaered as a trophy in melee

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
You know, aside from bowser, Wario, and the occasional RPG villain, Wart is the only other main and final Mario villain of a Mario platformer game.

It'd be cool to see him make a return. I mean, Birdo has.

Top Bottom