• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL VA Melee finder *Over 200 served! Yay!* updated 12/16/08

awddjawb

Smash Rookie
Lets do it

Amazing smash player but never went to a tourney, looking to get out to one, where would I go to get involved in some of this, there seems to be NOTHING in virginia at all, I live in Fredericksburg but nothing even within like 2 hours drive to a tourney, anyone trying to play lemme know, trying to go to some tourney!

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
alexandria
What part of Alexandria? We should play.

Amazing smash player but never went to a tourney, looking to get out to one, where would I go to get involved in some of this, there seems to be NOTHING in virginia at all, I live in Fredericksburg but nothing even within like 2 hours drive to a tourney, anyone trying to play lemme know, trying to go to some tourney!
Lol, I wouldn't be so cocky, but if you're looking for tournies in VA, you can't be serious about there being none.

1. Chu's biweeklies in Fairfax
2. Chozenone's biweeklies in Fairfax
3. O-no's biweeklies in VA Beach

Just find someone to play with =)

And whatever happened to Exit?

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
it depends on how fast you drive, if you drive 15 over, there are plenty with in 2 hours, if you go speed limit, all the fun stuff is 2.5 to 3 hours away.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Fredericksburg? Isn't that an hour from falls church? That's where Chu's biweeklies are held.

awddjawb

Smash Rookie
Ill hit up one of the ones in Fairfax, anyone got any information on it, like how much, and how many people usually go? Get into the scene a little bit.

awddjawb

Smash Rookie
They seem like they are all out of date, when is the next biweekly/tourney? And Biweeklys are just for people to get together and play? and tourneys are for the money I presume, is that correct?

Two.Of.Hearts

Smash Apprentice
Two.Of.Hearts, Annandale.

Btw, does anyone know of any regular smashfests in the NOVA area goin on? I've been away from the scene for a while...

CStick

Smash Lord
So uhh.... what's going on in VA?

I hear SoVa has increased in productivity by 20
technically, we cant say how much we've exponentionally increased since you cant mutliply 0 by anything =P so lets just say that a SoVA scene officially exists now

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
The Zombie Man lives in Montclair, Virignia... I really need someone to play....

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
WTF at all these people that are supposed to be going to VCU.

I don't believe they exist, and if they do why haven't I played them?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Manassas, VA. I don't have melee, unfortunately, but I will get it as soon as I grab a Wii.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
So uhh.... what's going on in VA?

I hear SoVa has increased in productivity by 20
O-NO+Sova = a fighting chance? im doing my best to keep a smash sceen going out here but it will only stay this way as long as people KEEP COMEING!!!! biggest biweekly was 18 players. that last one was 11 player. WHERE DID YOU ALL GO!!! and why do richmond people and new players keep saying there gonna come out and never show? get out here and smash! it dosent matter if we know where you are and you still dont play. you cant be a smasher if you dont smash!

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Hey guys, i'm going to be down in VA next week tuesday - thursday.

Usualy smash in Pittsbrugh with SCS. So give me a PM or Im me at llxeell. I'd like to see if i could get some smashing in while im down there.

5537 fox marsh pl.
moseley va 23120

That is the address i'll be staying at. If anyone is close please hit me up and we can get together for some smash.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
O-NO+Sova = a fighting chance? im doing my best to keep a smash sceen going out here but it will only stay this way as long as people KEEP COMEING!!!! biggest biweekly was 18 players. that last one was 11 player. WHERE DID YOU ALL GO!!! and why do richmond people and new players keep saying there gonna come out and never show? get out here and smash! it dosent matter if we know where you are and you still dont play. you cant be a smasher if you dont smash!
Possibly because it's not worth the trip out there if you can't make enough money to cover gas or whatever.

Royal

Smash Apprentice
I be going to Centreville High. (In case you wanted to know. :p)

Does anyone wanna tell me which threads are actually threads that tell me where smash is at? North-Atlantic forum = overwhelming. o.O;

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Why does it say that it was updated, and the person (TomH) who posted before me was added to the list, yet I wasn't? Do I have to do some sort of initiation ceremony to be put on this list???

BTW, I'm TheSage from Arlington, VA. Please put me on this list.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I'm thinking of starting little fests/training sessions at my place. It's all tentative, but they would include:

Chillin (maybe)
Azen (maybe)
Zion
Bluelight
Zim ?

Just an idea. Alexandria is good at smash and stuff.

Project Pat

Smash Cadet
Hey O-NO, What's up man? I'm Pat.

I go to school at JMU in Harrisonburg, and we're fairly close to Southern Virginia. I played recently with Adwillia and he had nothing but good things to say about SoVA tournaments. If you guys hosted something we'd probably be able to come down and play it in. We've held several tournaments this year at JMU, our biggest had 35 smashers, so I'm sure I'd be able to bring a bunch of people.

Hopefully we'll smash soon man, and don't believe everything you hear about NoVA. The streets aren't lined with gamecubes and it doesn't rain copies of melee. The smashers ARE kinda sexy though.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Hey O-NO, What's up man? I'm Pat.

I go to school at JMU in Harrisonburg, and we're fairly close to Southern Virginia. I played recently with Adwillia and he had nothing but good things to say about SoVA tournaments. If you guys hosted something we'd probably be able to come down and play it in. We've held several tournaments this year at JMU, our biggest had 35 smashers, so I'm sure I'd be able to bring a bunch of people.

Hopefully we'll smash soon man, and don't believe everything you hear about NoVA. The streets aren't lined with gamecubes and it doesn't rain copies of melee. The smashers ARE kinda sexy though.
Oh yeah, man thats for sure. i mean ive played all over the us actually, East to West. ive played good players and plenty of bad ones. ive actually played in as far north as MD, and i dident do to bad. I dont really care about all this "Sova's trash Nova owns the world" crap, im just tryin to evolve my game by haveing tournys out here that will hopefully bring out the best in the other smashers of this area. so far things have been working out nicely, players are slowly getting better and thats forceing my game to get better. i hope to see you at a future event man, i always look forward to playing cool players that love the game. And props's to Adwillia for getting the word out!:laugh:

CStick

Smash Lord
Why does it say that it was updated, and the person (TomH) who posted before me was added to the list, yet I wasn't? Do I have to do some sort of initiation ceremony to be put on this list???

BTW, I'm TheSage from Arlington, VA. Please put me on this list.

becuase I was probably drunk late at night when you posted and your post may have blurred togehter with someone else's.

Sorry.

IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ADDED BECAUSE IHAVE OVERLOOKED YOU PLEASE REPOST OR DROP ME A PM!! :)

Top Bottom