• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Togekiss RTP!

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman

Pokemon Name: Togekiss
National Pokedex Number:468
Metagame Tier:OU
Ability: Hustle/Serene Grace
Type: Normal/Flying
Base Stats:

-Hp 85
-Attk 50
-Def 95
-Sp. Attk 120
-Sp. Def 115
-Spd 80

Movesets

Baton Passer
Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm/Timid/Modest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Spatk or Spd
-Air Slash
-Nasty Plot
-Baton Pass
-Aura Sphere/Thunder Wave/Wish/Roost

This Pokemon was meant to support while packing a punch (with no fists or arms for that matter :p). Air Slash will be your main attacking move, Nasty Plot to boost it, Baton Pass if something needs it more than Togekiss does, then either Aura Sphere for more sweeping and coverage, Wish to heal others on your team, Roost to heal only yourself, or Thunder Wave to cripple any fast pokemon and let Air Slash flinch more Pokemon.

Flinch-haxer
Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm/Timid/Modest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Spd/ 4 Spatk
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave
-Wish/Roost
-Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot

Flinch-hax. Most of the moves here are explained in the first set, but now it's either Aura Sphere for coverage, or Nasty Plot for harder Air Slashes.

Counter
Togekiss@Leftovers/Light Clay
Calm/Timid/Modest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Spd
-Air Slash/Seismic Toss
-Light Screen
-Counter
-Shadow Ball/Wish/Roost

Okay, more moves to work with here... You could use Seismic Toss over Air Slash for steady damage, Light Screen makes you only vulnerable to physical attacks which is where Counter comes in. Shadow if you choose to use Seismic Toss in case you're stuck with a Ghost that would otherwise wall you, or Wish/Roost if you chose Air Slash so you heal.

Anti-setup
Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm/Timid/Modest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Spd or Spatk
-Encore
-Wish/Roost
-Thunder Wave/Body Slam
-Air Slash

Kind of like the second set, replacing Aura Sphere/Nasty Plot with Encore. This is also known as, "Anti-Setup"

Charmkiss
Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpDef/ 4 Spatk
-Charm
-Thunder Wave/Body Slam
-Air Slash
-Wish/Roost/Aura Sphere

Charm Set that I came up with. Use Charm on a physical Pokemon to potenially causing a switch, then T-Waving or Body Slamming the switch-in. This set fails if the switch in is Electivire/Ground Pokemon/Ghost Pokemon. You could use Aura Sphere if you fear Weavile/Tyranitar.

Specskiss
Togekiss@Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 4 Def or HP
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Grass Knot
-Tri-Attack/Flamethrower

Simple Choice Specs/Scarf Togekiss. Use Tri-Attack if you get a good Togepi from XD, otherwise stick with Flamethrower

Bandkiss
Togekiss@Choice Band
Adamant
Hustle
EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-ExtremeSpeed/Body Slam
-Aerial Ace
-Aura Sphere/Focus Punch/Brick Break
-Grass Knot/Flamethrower

Very surprising moveset coming from Togekiss. ExtremeSpeed hits most pokemon with average Def hard, Aerial Ace ignores the Accuracy drop of Hustle, a Fighting move for Steel's, Grass Knot for Bulky Waters or Flamethrower to hit even more Pokemon harder. You could use Body Slam, but it wouldn't be too good on a Choice Band set because there's no Serene Grace to double the chances on paralysis, and it wouldn't go first when up against Alakazam and the like.

COUNTERS
Togekiss is a rather hard Pokemon to counter as it has endless possibilities for movesets. Blissey handles all Special sets as long as Togekiss doesn't wield Aura Sphere. Tyranitar can get in most sets, but like Blissey, it must watch out for Aura Sphere. Zapdos can handle special sets as well as it resists most of it's main special attacks, save for Flamethrower, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Tri-Attack, and if you have enough balls for it, Dream Eater, Water Pulse and Ancientpower, but these attacks are rarely seen on Togekiss.

Counters that do indirect damage, well, Stealth Rock hurts it, and on top of that is paralysis and Toxic.

CONTENT SECTION
Works well with Electivire as Togekiss draws in Electric attacks. There's also a few movesets that aren't mentioned in the Moveset section, like a Sunnybeamer set that can work with Roserade and other Grass Pokemon.

Movepool Physical:
Double-Edge
Last Resort
Mega Punch
Mega Kick
Body Slam
Rollout
Sky Attack
ExtremeSpeed
Focus Punch
Frustration
Return
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Facade
Secret Power
Steel Wing
Fling
Giga Impact
Natural Gift
Pluck
Fly
Rock Smash
Present
Peck

Movepool Special:
Magical Leaf
Ancientpower
Air Slash
Aura Sphere

Dream Eater
Snore
Mud-Slap
Swift
Water Pulse
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Solarbeam
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Silver Wind
Grass Knot

Future Sight

Movepool support:
Growl
Charm
Metronome
Sweet Kiss
Yawn
Encore

Follow Me
Wish
Safeguard
Baton Pass
Mimic
Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Substitute

Psych Up
Endure
Swagger
Sleep Talk
Defense Curl
Toxic
Sunny Day
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Double Team
Reflect
Rest
Attract
Roost
Flash
Captivate
Defog
Mirror Move
Foresight
Nasty Plot
Psycho Shift
Lucky Chant

For the record, I also added moves it could learn in FR/LG/E From Move Tutors

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Put MOVESETS before the movesets so people know they're entering the moveset section.

You need to put the movesets' name.

Use Leftovers, not lefties.

In the counters section, mention Paralysis completely ruins the FlinchHax. Toxic and Stealth Rock also lessen it's survivability.

If Flamethrower is bolded, Fire Blast should be, too. It's pretty much up to the reader whether they want more power for less accuracy or vice versa.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
Good RTP, very thorough on a pokemon i think is one of the best special sweeps in the current environment. I'd like to see more coverage on what it could do with hustle though, as it seems to be unfortunately overlooked. Any ideas?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I love Togekiss. It can bring down Blisseys with flinchhax. I've done that like 3 times now.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
my togekiss set rocks, well the one i use on shoddy battle

togekiss@leftovers
252/252/6 (sp.atk/sp.def/HP)
roost
aura sphere
grass knot
air slash

tanks and sweeps at teh same time

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I love Togekiss. It can bring down Blisseys with flinchhax. I've done that like 3 times now.
my togekiss set rocks, well the one i use on shoddy battle

togekiss@leftovers
252/252/6 (sp.atk/sp.def/HP)
roost
aura sphere
grass knot
air slash

tanks and sweeps at teh same time
You two should know that you only post on RTPs if you have corrections or contributions. (although M4FD did post a set)

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i contributed

i mean, it's overlooked the fact that its stats allow to both sweep and stall

so i tried doing both and it works pretty effectively, nothing really counters it except a physical poke with ice punch not weak to one of those 3 moves (basically electivire or gyarados), which i can switch in accordingly

also, there are more physical walls than special walls out there

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
i contributed

i mean, it's overlooked the fact that its stats allow to both sweep and stall

so i tried doing both and it works pretty effectively, nothing really counters it except a physical poke with ice punch not weak to one of those 3 moves (basically electivire or gyarados), which i can switch in accordingly

also, there are more physical walls than special walls out there
And that's wht Ancientpower is highlighted. It hits Gyarados hard and it hits Electivire without raising it's Speed (Shock Wave would :ohwell: ) It also gets a 20% boost of raising all of it's stats one stage in conjuction with Serene Grace

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i guess it could be preffered for the team, but i mean, grass knot does own fatties, i think grass knot hurts gyarados quite a bit, at least half of it's health (maybe, don't know the calc to it)

only problem with togekiss is blissey just does it's job much better at stalling, but it still proves to be a very good speical sweeper

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Movsets should have the name above "Baton Passer" for example. The sets are a bit messed up too. Some of them look very similar. Changing a single move does not make for a new set.

Why do you have sets with 3 natures? One or two would be enough. Different natures for different purposes. Walls should run the calm defensive nature. Sweepers should be Timid or Modest. Let's sapasser nature shouldn't say timid/modest/calm because the idea is that this pokemon should be able to take hits and baton pass to another poke. So Calm nature would of course be approriate.

game & kirby

Smash Apprentice
This may be a bit biased, but I think all special sweeper sets with Togekiss should include Nasty Plot. I agree that Togekiss can be either a special wall or a sweeper, but I think it should be one or the other.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've 6-0 with just my togekiss set alone a couple of times, she's a major pain to take down

you could run my set with nastyplot, grass knot is for coverage, there isn't a single poke that resists all 3 of those attacks

Top Bottom