• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official SWF Matchup Chart: Pit

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I could give two **** less about locals. I'd go to mk legal or banned locals and still go pit. Regionals/nationals are what matter to me. If the scene is mk legal i'd just main mk...and i've said this always. MK legal i'll use mk mk ban i'll use pit...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
whobo 4 is gonna be MK banned and we're doing a project whobo fee at the next few tournies to get enough money for a ticket for 2 out of country players. we are thinking like gluttony and mr. r or nietono and 9b

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hopefully it's not till after spring semester is over =/ i'm SUUUUUUPER stretched this semester and it's gonna be ludicrously hard for me to even enter locals...might have to sell a few things for some extra cash :(

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
In my (limited) experience of the ICs matchup, it seems to be heavily dependant on the stage; up to +2/+3 on some, and -2/-3 on others, so it's really dependant on who wins the first match, because chances are quite likely each player would win their own counterpicks, assuming no character changes. The lgl definitely doesn't help; without it Pit could even have an advantage on most stages which currently favour ICs. As for an overall matchup, I really don't know, most people are saying 0/-1 which I'd agree with

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pit would have a disadvantage against MK only if there was no lgl imo. every other MU would be advantage for pit except for like g&w, pika, and lucario who are the only characters with traits that can reliably beat planking and scrooging and would thus be even

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hell no son. i play this MU all the time. it's even on all neutrals we can fly under, and we have the far superior CPs. you just gotta know how to go in on olimar

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Lots of pits think it is -1 besides Damix, at least from back in 2010-2011 when the mu chart was being made. However, Olimars really think it's not that good for them at all. I tend to agree. I also have a gay strategy that is incredibly easy to use on Olimars for time outs.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lots of pits think it is -1 besides Damix, at least from back in 2010-2011 when the mu chart was being made. However, Olimars really think it's not that good for them at all. I tend to agree. I also have a gay strategy that is incredibly easy to use on Olimars for time outs.
Tell meeeeeee. I wanna compare! But send me a pm about it...

/secretsshallneverbereavealedtothedaemonsofthefuture!!!!!!!!!!

Loz8ichimaru

Smash Apprentice
I feel it's worse for Pit too, but that could just be cos I tend to struggle against Olimar in general.

Could you pm me too? I really really need help with that match-up!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's actually pretty simple, it might not work all the time unless you're good at say tech chases (and that's not what it is, the ability to do so is familiar along the same guessing guidelines tech chases require)

I believe I've revealed it once before and you Pits already use it for timeouts against other characters, but Olimar is like, the one character with projectiles that literally can not do anything unless he guesses right.

EDIT: I pm'd it to you Kuro, I'll post it if you think it's worth a topic discussing seperately or in the new techs thread or something.

Works best against characters without projectiles or good vertical accelleration + high jump and/or multiple jumps like Falco or Sheik or kirby respectively

So my best bet far as characters concerned are these:

:olimar:
:lucario:
:luigi2:
:mario2:
:peach:
:bowser2:
:dk2:
:ganondorf:
:popo:
:wolf:
:falcon:
:pt:
:marth:
:ike:
:gw:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dez is it like what i do in my match vs sync on halberd? in fact just pm me too. between you and me there is a lot of olimar experiance/knowledge and i would love to discuss the MU with you if you feel the need to as well. don't forget i play denti, zori, and sync (sync the most) out here and i've learned a lot about this MU

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's not secret, I've said it before. I just don't want to make a thread / post until I find it's appropriate. It will be all in a thread already located here on the boards, or in it's own thread, when I get the time to justify doing a post.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Didn't know we were all about secrecy in here. I'll just selectively choose who I tell when I find good stuff too lol
***** whatchu talkin about. No1 said don't tell other pits. We have to keep our gay tactics known only to the pit boards!!!!!!!!!!!! :troll:

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
We got more +1's than this chart imo. D3, ROB, Sheik I feel are our advantage and definitely easier than the likes of Falco,Snake and Diddy.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I highly disagree about sheik. That ish is DEF. even. Dedede/r.o.b i pretty much agree with. But for rob kira voted for even on the rob panel(as he was on rob and pit) and we had no evidence so we just conceded even. Dedede...is a tough one. It could be even. And it could be +1. Def not +2 with a lgl though. And he has so many strong counterpicks just like us. So it helps him a bunch.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Just agree to disagree I guess. I actually have some sheik experience and as long as you maintain percent lead its easy, which isn't hard to do as we outcamp her.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't be closeminded kuro. in his experiance, pit beats sheik. just like in my experiance pit beats fox, but i doubt yall will agree with me on that from ur experiance.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
It's not me being close-minded. It's me having played the #1 sheik on a number of occasions. And that's my opinion. So i can't express mine but he can?

Jus saiyan~

Me being close-minded would be goiong HUE GET OUT OF HERE SCRUB!YOU'RE WRONG! OUR MATCHUP SPREAD IS PERRRRRRRRRRFECT! HUE HUE HUE!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wtf ever, Sheik can own Pit if she tries and same for the other way around. It's a very even matchup, I thought it was our favor for a bit, but I played Judo and. . . It's just not. It's amazingly fun though.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I don't think DDD is +1, it's evenish. I've played Coney and 4God, while they are better players than me, it's still pretty hard to pressure D3, aside from arrows. I don't know about Sheik, I would think it's evenish to slightly in our favor.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Dedede can range from -1 to +2 depending on the ruleset.

Assuming unity it can range from 0-+1 depending on your opinion of how important several factors are.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Dedede can range from -1 to +2 depending on the ruleset.

Assuming unity it can range from 0-+1 depending on your opinion of how important several factors are.
im being close minded on this.

we will never lose this MU. we either barely +1 or solidly +1 (hell i think we could +2 it but no-one plays this as gay as I do, actually no one plays as gay as i do anyways), the fact that it's even makes me kinda upset but since im the only one who still holds this viewpoint, i concede to letting being listed as even.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
im being close minded on this.

we will never lose this MU. we either barely +1 or solidly +1 (hell i think we could +2 it but no-one plays this as gay as I do, actually no one plays as gay as i do anyways), the fact that it's even makes me kinda upset but since im the only one who still holds this viewpoint, i concede to letting being listed as even.
Scrooging banned(read japanese ruleset to see how). 10 minute timer. Lgl at 15 for entire cast. Or an airtime rule.

GGNORE

I count the extremes.

+2 is only with no lgl.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Scrooging banned(read japanese ruleset to see how). 10 minute timer. Lgl at 15 for entire cast. Or an airtime rule.

GGNORE

I count the extremes.

+2 is only with no lgl.
I think the DDD can change depending on how I'm playing, my mood, and the stage. I think it really does range from -2 through +2 on given days.

even with an lgl i think we can +2 him with 50 ledge grabs. no lgl is +3.
No, I don't know about +3, just maybe +2, but more likely +1 if that.
I'll never understand :dedede:
:embarrass: Maybe one day

Top Bottom