• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ray 01 (Custom Robo) for Brawl Thread

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

IGN said:
Ray
First Appearance: Custom Robo, GameCube, 2004
Most Recent Appearance: Custom Robo Arena, Nintendo DS, 2007
The Custom Robo series is still fairly new to America, though in Japan it's been active for over eight years now. It's a Nintendo franchise that focuses on building, and then battling, bad-to-the-bone bots – kind of like Pokemon, but with no flesh-and-blood combatants. Though each installment in the series has been distinct in plot and setting, there's always been a signature robot in the middle of it all – Ray. He's been called Ray 01, and Ray Mark III, and Ray this and Ray that, but he's always taken the basic form of a kind of robotic, human-shaped superhero with big guns, a bombing pod, and leg-mounted jumping jets. The Ray Mk II model must have been at least considered for inclusion in Melee six years ago, because he appears as one of that game's collectible "Japan-only" trophies. But now that Custom Robo is better known worldwide, would it be the time for it to be represented in the Smash series? Custom Robo is the closest thing Nintendo's got to Smash outside of Smash itself, so it makes a lot of sense for Ray to leap into the action. Don't be surprised if he appears this time.
This is a character that doesn't have a lot of hype about him, but he MUST be in Brawl. I searched and was surprised there was no thread about him. Ray is the main bot in Nintendo's popular Custom Robo franchise. He was a trophy in Melee. He would be a perfect addition to the roster. Custom robo is another of Nintendo's franchises that recently came over to America but was going on in Japan for years. Now that he crossed over, he needs to rep his franchise. If Ray is not playable, then that is wasted potential for a great projectile based character.

Florida

イーグランツ
there is a thread for him. you just cant find it because the search system doesn't allow for searches 3 words or under.
Orly? Maybe that's why I couldn't find another Mew thread >.>
Well, if there was one, they didn't submit it for the Character Index thread, so their bad :crazy:

Anyways, Ray Mk III is who I REALLY want.
He's my third choice for a playable character!
But I'd be happy with any version of Ray, really.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
No:p Also, can anyone tell me how this multiquote crap works, plz?
If you want to quote multiple people you click "multiquote" by their post. A yellow box should highlight the button after you press it.

After you're clicking multiquote on every post you want to quote, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Add Reply" then you can make your post

LordRevan1

Smash Rookie
Anyone wanna try their hands at a moveset?
Sure, Ill give it a shot. Its kinda half-@$$ed, so dont expect anything super good

A=A simple punch
A^=Small Uppercut
A>=A fast left hook
AV=Ray does a split
Dash A= Charging tackle with jet boots
Smash A>= A slower and more powerful left hook
Smash AV= Ray does a split, uses his charge boots and spins around 3 times (kinda like a breakdance:laugh:)
Smash A^= Backflip kick
Aerial A= Right kick
Aerial AV= Ray stretches his body like a pencil and stomps on the opponent
Aerial A^= Backflip kick (less strong than the smash)
Aerial >= Two spinning kicks
Aerial <= Elbow hit
GrabA= Ray grabs oppenent by the neck and can hit them repeatedly
Grab>= Ray lauches a bomb at point blank range. Very powerful but also hurts Ray
Grab<= Ray grabs the opponent by the legs, throws em back, then fires a few ****s at em
GrabV= Ray smashes the opponent onto the ground, then stomps on them with the charge boots
Taunt= Ray does a kool pose
B=Ray shoots his gun. Rapid fire and can flinch opponent
B>= Bomb. Chargeble and can do massive damage
B<= I have no idea :laugh: Wait. WHats Ray's charge? Doesnt he go straight forward? Cuz then that would work for this, cuz while he's charging he's invincible
B^= Ray uses Charge Boots to launch himself very high, straight up. He can then glide for 2 seconds
BV= Ray realeses pods in front and behind him. Only the one in front can home in on enemies
Final Smash: Ray goes into the sky and out of sight. He then launches the Titan Bomb and Pods straight down onto the stage. he then finishes by using the Wyrm on all opponents (each opponent gets hit once with one Wyrm, meaning a max of 3 Wyrms. If its a one-on-one fight, the opponents gets hit with all 3)

So, how's that?

LordRevan1

Smash Rookie
If you want to quote multiple people you click "multiquote" by their post. A yellow box should highlight the button after you press it.

After you're clicking multiquote on every post you want to quote, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Add Reply" then you can make your post
I see, so it doesnt work like GS's multiquote. Ok, thanx! :)

Top Bottom