• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Online Smash 64 Clan Index #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've been agreeing with this thread since Gordito and JO_OEY came.

And I still keep my opinion that clans are stupid. Look how seriously it is taken. Talking about looking for power and stuff? It's just a game guys, not any political **** lol. What power do you get having a clan? This is all beyond me.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
And if people keep being dumb, clan talk will be banned. Seriously, the sheer amount of drama that goes on in this room is ridiculous.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Can't you instead simply ban the dumb people? I would like to discuss clans, and it would be unfair if I couldn't based on the actions of a few certain people that I have never even seen before in this board.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
In the past all clan related stuff was handled through private social groups, I'd recommend that be brought back. Sure you won't get the post count bump, but really that shouldn't be what the clan is about in the first place.

Plus you can set it so only your members can post, and then drama like this won't happen at all.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Easier said than done. Why not move it to a medium where it is literally impossible for debates like these to spark up?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Because we want everyone to be able to participate, and since people are suppose to be follow the rules anyways moving them to a place because they might break rules elsewhere is just an excuse on mods who are not doing their jobs.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
But what are getting out of openly discussing clans? An OP which lists them all is okay maybe but discussion about who is in what clan just leads to strife which is evident in these past few pages.

I agree with Glyph honestly.

Shablivion

Smash Cadet
sorry about that mis-understanding people just it seems the wrong words were thrown around for no reason

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
we had one or two people act foolishly thats it, they where infracted and if anyone does it again, it'll be delt with the same.

The trolls that came in here actually have nothing to do with anything.

Strife about clan members isn't suppose to be posted here anyways. this thread is to keep track of all active clans.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Wasn't talking about the dGames possy haha. We were defending Soup's honor, **** had to get crazy.

I was talking about the situation about not being let into a certain clan and being kicked out of clans despite thinking oneself invested. Honestly, its not a very controversial topic in the first place and people shouldn't be blowing up about it, but it does happen. Therefore I do think this is one of the better discussions to be made private.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Thats a personal issue not a SWF issue. If people cannot be civil they'll be infracted and eventually banned...these threads will continue to serve their purpose.

If that was honestly a reason to close this thread literally every thread should be closed for the same reason in some way or another. And then again what do we do about members who dont even use threads as their vocal points?

The problem is the people not the thread.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
No, closing every other thread for the exact same reason is dumb because there is no better alternative to share that thread's information with other people so freely. Thats why the thread is made in the first place.

In this case, SWF has an integrated private social group function which would make talking about this topic easier and contain less strife. If there's a better alternative built into the system, why not use it instead of expecting people to react in an ideal fashion?

Edit: I guess the logical follow up question is what do you gain out of discussing this information in thread that you don't get doing it privately? Because the argument boils down to that having a thread for this has a margin for error while Glyph's method doesn't.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
The difference with this situation and others where I've closed threads is that this thread is only REALLY suppose to be about listing clan info.

The ISSUE here is that a small argument was made into something way bigger then it need to be by people who really had nothing to do with it. I know you are not talking about that but if you just look back through this thread and follow the problems without those two who are now banned, it's really a minor issue.

If what you are saying is clans should make a social group to chat about this stuff then thats fine, but closing this thread has nothing to do with that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Make the clan directory operated by the moderators. Close the thread. If it's just a directory, this shouldn't have discussion in the first place. If it's a place to sign-up or request for clan members, again, that's going to cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom