• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Oklahoma Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I don't have more than 50 cents to my name andy...
And I'd rather not be in debt $9.50 to you
Let it be known not as a MM,
BUT AS A CHALLENGE!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
thats 1400 a week...after taxes maybe 1225...
Holy ****ing ****.

I don't have more than 50 cents to my name andy...
And I'd rather not be in debt $9.50 to you
Let it be known not as a MM,
BUT AS A CHALLENGE!!!
Wait, are you proposing a test of skill that involves neither money nor drinking tainted milk? You must be out of your mind!

:p

Blue Jay

Smash Rookie
Crackboom, I started using the program at the end of last summer, so about a year.

I figured most of it out by myself but occasionally I had problems so I would just ask some people who knew. However only 1 of every 4 of my questions were answered so i didn't relay get that much help. But if you are asking how long I have been working on ''that'' game, about a month was when i started the idea, but i started on the engine about 2 weeks ago.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Colorado has somewhere like 5750 posts.

we need the 6000th one. ill do my part but ill probably need help. dont fail me guys.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
*sigh* Now that youve posted that, Drew is gonna come in here and ***** at us...but since Im technically already banned, Ill go for it.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
speaking of mods...

pablo/bryan/babac...
one of you guys should start a new OK thread so we can delete this one.
remember when everyone tried to create a new ok thread yet only 1 survived?
it'd be nice if we did it right and a respected "veteran"(in terms of OK) gets the thread creation.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
speaking of mods...

pablo/bryan/babac...
it'd be nice if we did it right and a respected "veteran"(in terms of OK) gets the thread creation.
I'll do it if no one has any objections... but it will be AFTER we get back from OC3.

Why? Here's why: http://www.disconets.com/knights/OC3 singles pools.txt

Those are the pools for OC3 Singles... look who's in the first pool ;)

Po Pimpus VS. KEN(!) in pools: Great Match, or Greatest Match of OC3?
It's definitely going to be the highlight of my career thus far. I'll be doing everything I can to make sure I don't suck in THAT fight! Oh the warstories I'll be telling...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Oc3 Baby!!!!!! Brandon Vs Ken! Go Ok!!!!!!

Hey, Vega look at this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T4WOVVGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11DylA2AuJI

It's a music video I made, showing me making my game in various steps. The message I'm tring to get across is game maker dosn't suck. Any way I herd you were making a game, and I thought that this might show you some of the possibilitys of game maker.
Saijee (sp?), I salute to your skills. I've worked with GM once a while back and I know how tough it is to figure out the functions and getting all the instances/variables to work correctly. Even as a demo, it looks pretty solid and Kirby (nice work with Anim8r!!!) actually seems to behave like........ Kirby. I'm going to get started myself later tonight, it'll be cool to see the progress of our games as they go through development ^_^

I'll PM you some questions and whatnot later.

speaking of mods...

pablo/bryan/babac...
I agree with starting a new OK thread. Also, I would like the first post to have a synopsis of the overall OK scene with "active" players info (like the tournaments we've been to and what characters we are particularly good with) and an introduction for new-comers. Also, and be able have one place for a compilation/database of our vids/info/tourney threads (I'm not fond of searching throughout this thread for older links) and list upcoming events so everyone can be certain of WHEN and WHERE they happen..... or even be aware that they ARE happening in the first place (Babac's smashfests come to mind....).

Not only the OK thread, but we may need to appoint someone to take charge of the PR's once Dokkoise makes his East Coast debut. Hope we get some dedicated volunteers ^_^

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
pablo is a genious. either vega or po should make that new ok thread. pablo if he can get it done before oc3 :D

also po, omfg. ken...awesome. do some magic and bring home the gold. chris gets to play isai, too, so that's cool. unfortunately it looks like coty has a death pool, and rasta hasa danger pool. good luck guys, rep OK well XD
meaning...SOMEONE GET OUT OF POOLS!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I'd be happy to take over PRs, if everyone else would be alright with that.

Also, I agree that we should make a REAL Oklahoma thread. I want to kill a baby every time I read "IsmashedYOURmom" as the topic starter <_<

And lol, Ken vs. Po, what an honor it must be for you. Make it a 4-stock :p

And LOL, Chris vs. Isai in pool 2! :chuckle: Let the clash of the sandbaggers begin! Except don't sandbag, Chris, or I'll have to kick your *** <_<

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to take over PRs, if everyone else would be alright with that.

Also, I agree that we should make a REAL Oklahoma thread. I want to kill a baby every time I read "IsmashedYOURmom" as the topic starter <_<

And lol, Ken vs. Po, what an honor it must be for you. Make it a 4-stock :p

And LOL, Chris vs. Isai in pool 2! :chuckle: Let the clash of the sandbaggers begin! Except don't sandbag, Chris, or I'll have to kick your *** <_<
ye have little faith. Po, get him down to 2 stock. If you have to, use your ninja abilities and catch him in the throat.

It seems like everyone else has their work cut out for them, except for babac, it looks like he pulled a "me at mlg". Getting stuck with the easiest people out of the bunch. Unless somebody can tell me different, all he has to worry about is chucky.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
actually, shanx, yang's marth will tear it up a bit, and gimpy is known as the best bowser so...
but other than that i don't see any impressive names or know many of them even. rasta should be fine.

and yeah, bryan, this'll be my last power ranking. after that, someone else has to take the helm. i'll leave that to you, since you're willing to take it up.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, i dont have any problems with it, but babac has a good first post in the ohsnap3 thread, so i think he should start it.

also, coty fights HugS. if someone can record that ill be in your debt. seriously.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
bombsoldier....were is he from...im totally blank on his status... <_< anyways...tear it up dudes rep. the OK...Chris u Mf u better win i swear if u....if u lose....omg.....well never mind i wouldnt hold it against you...but if an ok smasher gets farther than u do...they automatically take your spot in the PR :) lol

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol Shanx, when I said "make it a 4-stock" I meant for Po to 4-stock Ken :p Even though Ken is my Smash idol <_<

Alex: Thanks for leaving me power rankings once you're gone. I'll be sure to make them super special awesome :colorful:

Irish: Bombsoldier is from Japan. He's one of, if not the, best Falcos in the world. Everyone has a hard-on for him.

KOS-MOS's pool looks pretty easy as well. I mean, yeah, he has to fight Isai, but other than that I don't really recognize any names. SO NO SANDBAGGING, CHRIS!

Babac's pool does infact look quite easy.

Coty's pool looks to be the most difficult, overall, but I think that he can pull through.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
c...thats what i thought...but i wasnt sure seeing how its been forever since ive seen a vid by him or even heard anything....so i must ask...who is the fav. for this tourny? plz cotys to good...
omg...there goes brian again talkin bout hardons for fellow smashers... O M G Brian O M G lol j/k

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey!!! I have read like the last 5 pages....and I think I'll keep up now..maybe. I mainly want to just keep in touch with everyone and know what's going on (Althouth I trust Alex to tell me anything that's coming up lol). I'm still alive I promise.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
brett...posting on smashboards???

and...i'm pretty sure dashizwiz and pc>bombsoldier
but...that's just my stupid american...wait a second both of my parents were foreigners! i'm not biased at all, shiz ad pc are better! XD

Blue Jay

Smash Rookie
Dokkoise i'm making a website to help who ever wants learn japanese, since its easier than just making separate lessons for everyone. When i get it a little more updated i'll let you know. I mean if you actually are serious about taking a japanese class next sememster.

this is shade.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
serious about it?
i'm already enrolled :D
it's just an intro class, 1 semester, and i'll also be studying frnch but yeh. i <3 languages, namely french and japanese since those are the 2 i want to learn, an thankfully the 2 i'm learning. anywho, just lemme know when you launch the website. sounds like a cool deal.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
i <3 languages, namely french and japanese since those are the 2 i want to learn, an thankfully the 2 i'm learning.
Good ones to learn, too, since French chicks and Japanese chicks are hot ;)

I think that the Shiz and PC are probably better than Bombsoldier as well. Still, a lot of people get off to Bombsoldier (or at least they used to). And, Bombsoldier is one of the more technically impressive Falcos out there.

Lol Billy, I'm honored that my signature was part of the 1,000th post extravaganza :laugh:

Gravity

Smash Ace
well ive made it to babacs house but noone is here....no brandon, no marc, no pablo, no babac. and paemon wont play me because hes " on a break"

hope someone shows up soon.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How was the Albuquerque Tournament I heard it was really epic because of some really amazing players. Like , oh yeah, you guys weren't.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
How was the Albuquerque Tournament I heard it was really epic because of some really amazing players. Like , oh yeah, you guys weren't.
we weren't?
like we didn't exist for a while?
confused >.>;

edit: ****, work makes me ********. k, i read it as it was meant to be read without the typo.
response - no...we weren't there...why? because no one gives a **** about NM
:p :p :p :p :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Andy, i'd usually go to babac's, but i gotta get up early tomorrow and thursday. After that, somebody hold a smashfest. Then pm me the details.

Blue Jay

Smash Rookie
The website is already up but it only teaches you how to read japanese right now. I'll post it when i put more how to speak and understand hearing it. its good to know someone is interested in it though. lol, babac kinda didnt have enough time to keep learning, he tried though. But maybe his website will make it easier. If you really want to learn it though, im sure you will dispite how you go about it.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I need to play more smash, with better people...
All of my homies get tired of it after a few matches,
WE NEED A SMASHFEST...
AT BABAC'S!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom