• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official North Carolina Vocab Thread

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's true, we have our own way of speaking. For those of you who don't understand, I hope this topic will help you understand. Here we go!

mace windu 8 stock

4 stocking somebody twice in a row.

CLE (Caps lock effect)
When you post something in all caps and just post it, only the first letter of each word will be capitalized... in order to bypass this, you include this.

"THIS MOTHER ****ER IS CRAZZZYYYYY

(caps lock effect)"

buck up(v)

The act of getting real in a match. to stop ****ing around.
THIS ****** BOUT TO BUCK UP

bdldldldldldat

Most commonly used in a match where bosshogg is watching and cheering for a badass player. This noise is often thought of as a mating call.
bdldldldldldldldldlat!

Swamp Card

big baaaaby

Once a move connects that could and does change the outcome of a match one yells "BIG BAAAABYYYY" An act of pure ownage.
Big BAAAAAABYYYY!!!

boss Hogg (adj)

A description of something being badass.
"**** that **** was pretty Boss Hogg"

Slick Willy the warlock warrior

The invisible scrub who comes to all the tournies Triforce don't go to . . . Which is all of them . . .

neeaaaasttyyy

Massive damage

Massive damage.

GEEEAAARRRRS!!!!

The only word that could embody the amount of raw fury and rage that one would get from playing a Kirby vs Marth match....and squandering it by missing an upB.
"wh-wh-what the hoyell!?! GEEEAAAARRRRSS!!!"

River God

Mystic beast only seen in the stage Jungle Japes. Has the power to change the weight of battles merely by staring.

McScrub

Mystic beast found at random McDonalds tournies. Allegedly beat two Lvl9 Game&Watch computers, twice. A record that, even today, has yet to be broken.

Jay Boy

Victory dance that consists of grabbing something and hurling it in. Also, the arm is found slowly crawling over the head while the person twirls. An example can be found in this video. That video includes other victory dances, but the Jay Boy can be found if you look for it.

Choke Cord

Only known counter to Chillindude. Chillindude has put his very own definition to this word, found in this topic here. This incident spawned this and the Johnny Five Stock.

Johnny Five Stock

When a person wins, and never gets hit during battle. Seems to be a big insult when it happens, especially in tournies.

Ziocide

The act of suicide. It's true . . . I don't do it anymore . . . It just stuck and now if I die a stupid death, they chant ziocide . . .:confused:

Chocolate Thunder, satisfaction!

The only NC Smasher to get a commercial motto. Apparently, he satisfies. :laugh:

The Billguard

Ledgehopped falling upairs

Bill Bill Bill

Pivot jabs with Captain Falcon

Mourning Pirate Effect

When a Mourning Pirate forgets your name and dubs you something else, usually sticks forever.
"What was your name.... DragonStriker?"

Hushpuppies

Let Me Out

When a grab combo will lead to inevitable death you can plead to the river god with this simple request (must be done in terminator voice) - L0zr's secret tech. ;)
"What the Haelll?... Let me out!"

Zwarg

Imitation of Fox's death clip.
"ZWARG!!!"

WhatamIdoink!?!

Phrase that follows an unintentional mishap during battle.

Allla Punta MaIIiiiii

The most insulting phrase known to NC smashers.
Ali: I don't even know what you're talking about
Knorr: ALLAA PUNTA MAIIIIII

Baby Girl

The Triforce

Two 7 foot tall black dudes.:laugh:

CATFISH

Catfish. This video can help describe it. Catfish is . . . almighty, I guess. The only known photograph of the catfish is as follows -

This topic isn't complete, by far which is why I'm asking - if any of you NCers got more, bring them here and I'll update it. Just don't start making stuff up. It'll cause more confusion.:laugh:

Malk

Smash Champion
Mourning Pirate Effect

When a Mourning Pirate forgets your name and dubs you something else, usually sticks forever.
What was your name.... DragonStriker?

Let Me Out

When a grab combo will lead to inevitable death you can plead to the river god with this simple request (must be done in terminator voice) - L0zr's secret tech
What the Haelll?... Let me out!

Allla Punta MaIIiiiii

The most insulting phrase known to NC smashers
Ali: I don't even know what you're talking about
Knorr: ALLAA PUNTA MAIIIIII

The Triforce

Two 7 foot tall black dudes
???

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
Too bad I have found the counter. Noodling~The art of grabbing the catfish and just hefting it out and tossing that b*tch into the boat...looks like fun.

Malk

Smash Champion
The Billguard

Ledgehopped falling upairs

Bill Bill Bill

Pivot jabs with Captain Falcon

Bill

A smasher so stupidly good that his name has become a joke to us. If we learn Bill is coming we boycott the entry fee to the tournament and just buy him puppies (That's all he eats)

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yeah. I think I lost to him . . . I think I lose to everybody. :dizzy:

Knorr

Smash Ace
ahahahhaa

i forgot about this ty for that zio

yeah That GA thread was too good so we decided to make our own

ahahah nice job matt with the mpe tooo goood!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Simple Windows Movie Maker for most of it. Though, for the parts with the Pokemon Battle, and having Catfish dash in to eat Link, I used Adobe Flash with my trial period, and that period is about to end :(. I wish there's was a program more forgiving than Adobe Flash . . . took me hours to figure it out . . .

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
THANK YOU!!! That's helped me out alot. I needed that. ONE THOUSAND THANKS!

Top Bottom