• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Mario Discussion Thread

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's been asked before, but which move did FLUDD replace?

iron blade

Smash Ace
technically, it didn't replace anything, it moved his mario tornado to his dair, and his mario tornado replaced his old dair. bottom line, he still has his mario tornado but he doesn't have that downwards aerial kick anymore.

Ice man

Smash Journeyman
technically, it didn't replace anything, it moved his mario tornado to his dair, and his mario tornado replaced his old dair. bottom line, he still has his mario tornado but he doesn't have that downwards aerial kick anymore.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
If I could still vote, I wouldn't. I love Mario, and I like Sonic very much too. I might still prefer Mario a tiny bit over Sonic, but I would feel guilty towards Sonic if I voted Mario. Same to Mario if I voted Sonic. So hurray for you, Mario. And its great Sonic at least got 2nd place. Woohoo!

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Luigi>Mario in Melee
Mario>Luigi in Brawl(and 64)

Funny how you say that while Luigi hasn't been shown yet at all in Brawl. What if he gets a total new moveset? He might pretty well surpass Mario. I actually kind of hated the Melee Luigi. Weaker attacks than Mario, jumps that are very slow in both horizontal and vertical movement, and he really relies on short hops and wavedashes. I like to wavedash and short hop as secondary movement, but it shouldn't be primary movement, which really was the case with Luigi. You could see him coming from far, because he was he slow in horizontal and vertical movement. I hope they buff him a bit.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I hated it how they replaced Mario down B with FLUDD. I liked his old one better.
The only reason I really used his Down B was for recovery...

I think the best option would be, to replace Mario's Down B with the FLUDD while he's on the ground, and while he's on the air he could still have the Mario Tornado.

--

Oh, and I've used both Mario and Luigi, and I think Luigi's aerials are to be feared, as well as his Usmash, and his Tornado is pure pwnage.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Funny how you say that while Luigi hasn't been shown yet at all in Brawl. What if he gets a total new moveset? He might pretty well surpass Mario. I actually kind of hated the Melee Luigi. Weaker attacks than Mario, jumps that are very slow in both horizontal and vertical movement, and he really relies on short hops and wavedashes. I like to wavedash and short hop as secondary movement, but it shouldn't be primary movement, which really was the case with Luigi. You could see him coming from far, because he was he slow in horizontal and vertical movement. I hope they buff him a bit.
Your kidding right? Luigi is overall slightly stronger than Mario. His F-air, D-air, Down-B, and Up-B are examples of such, where as everything else is about equal in knockback and damage. Although yeah, he's painfully slow if you don't WD and SH.

Luigi>Mario in Melee
Mario>Luigi in Brawl(and 64)
But Mario wins in comboing, projectile spamming, and ledgeguarding, and IMO VERY slightly in recovery when Luigi does not get a misfire, plus he doesn't die vertically as fast. So, Mario > Luigi (slightly).

And yes, Mario > Luigi in 64, and chances are since Mario is quite the new top tier guy, Brawl Mario > Brawl Luigi. =P

iMichael

Smash Lord
Well we can't really say Mario is better than Luigi in Brawl...yet. Mario is better than Luigi in Melee IMO. Luigi's recover is not that great, his UpB shoots him straight up to get caped and his SideB is just setting him up to get caped. Yes, Luigi does have a good wavedash and waveland for some good spacing, but so does Mario. Mario is one of the king of combos will Luigi is gay at it. Luigi does have a better dair than Mario unless you use Mario's like Dair, upTilt to set up Upair blinds to end with a Fsmash. Plus Mario can UpB to wallJump to UpB again. Yes, only Mario can do this. Best to try it on Yoshi's Story or Fourside(for practice).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
About the Mario Tornado...

According to Gimpyfish, it doesn't work as recovery anymore... Yet in one of the first trailers, you can clearly see Mario rising while doing this... Anybody remember this? I think it was the 2nd trailer.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
About the Mario Tornado...

According to Gimpyfish, it doesn't work as recovery anymore... Yet in one of the first trailers, you can clearly see Mario rising while doing this... Anybody remember this? I think it was the 2nd trailer.
It could be that after he does the tornado, Mario begins to drop like a rock, thus negating any of the recovery the tornado could possibly add.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
wat r i realized bout the fludd maybe no1 else did but...if mario gets that for down-b
would that mean they r kinda hinting in luigi...since hes got teh ghost vacuum thing?

just a thought

Naota21t

Smash Champion
It's possible that Luigi gets the Poltergust as his down-b, or it could be something completely new. It seems like they'll probably try to differentiate Luigi and Mario even further.

Top Bottom