• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

SonicMario

Smash Master
There will be always at least one thing that makes Luigi similar to Mario. But at least he'll never be the exact same like he was in his 1st appearences. In Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros., there was NO difference between him or Mario.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Honestly, I wouldn't even call them clones. I think that they have finally changed all of the clone-ish characters enough to make us stop refering to them as clones. They have the same animations, but their attacks don't work the same at all any more... Except the Landmasters. :mad:
Scratch what I said about Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. The only pair left from the clone wars is Fox and Falco, and I've yet to confirm this. The reason I say that is because... take Lucas and Ness for example... although they have similar special moves, they have two different games. Someone who is good with Lucas won't be also good with Ness only because they're good with Lucas. The same applies to the other semi-psuedoclones (Marth/Ike, Wolf/Fox/Falco, Captain Falcon/Ganondorf, and Link/Toon Link).

Luigi was a clone in the original. He was a Luigified Clone in Melee. He's not a clone at all in Brawl.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
There will be always at least one thing that makes Luigi similar to Mario. But at least he'll never be the exact same like he was in his 1st appearences. In Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros., there was NO difference between him or Mario.
The schism began in Lost Levels. Luigi could jump higher and had worse traction. Two differences that are consistent in almost all of Mario and Luigi's subsequent appearances. It's pretty neat.

Potato Keyboard

Smash Cadet
They have the same animations, but their attacks don't work the same at all any more... Except the Landmasters. :mad:
I agree. Even though I'm not a frequent falco user, I thought that his final smash should have been an Arwing that would like fire lasers first then finish with a dragoon attack. But nooo he gets a Landmaster. So unlike Falco.

I'm sorry this got waay offtopic.

I'm glad Luigi has striking similarities to his Melee counterpart. The only differences being his art change and his voice change which is anything but bad news.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I agree. Even though I'm not a frequent falco user, I thought that his final smash should have been an Arwing that would like fire lasers first then finish with a dragoon attack. But nooo he gets a Landmaster. So unlike Falco.

I'm sorry this got waay offtopic.

I'm glad Luigi has striking similarities to his Melee counterpart. The only differences being his art change and his voice change which is anything but bad news.
His specials got greatly improved too. Almost all of them are better than thier Melee counterpart.

WaterEmblem82

Smash Rookie
It would have been cool if Luigi had the poltergeist 2000 as his down special, but i'm not complaining about the tornado move

Top Bottom