• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Leon S. Kennedy Thread

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I don't know why no one but myself has brought this up, but Leon S. Kennedy should be in the new smash. The director of Resident Evil even wanted the series to be exclusive to Nintendo, but someone high up made RE4 go to the PS2.

Leon was freakin awesome in RE4 and right now, besides SSBM, it is my favorite Gamecube game. With Snake's arrival, Leon does have a really good chance, and the creator/director of RE4 said he always wanted that game to be exclusive to nintendo.

now don't think of him as a snake clone. think of him more as a counterpart. why do i say this? well, they both use real world weapons, i won't argue with that. but there are some big diffrences to make them more apart. we all know snake uses stealth to finish the mission. leon is the complete opposite. he seems to run in and blow everyone away. we also know that leon uses a lot more obscure weapons that snake does, like the infinite rocket launcher and mine thrower. and lastly, we all know snake will use a box, so how would leon use one?

when i saw snake was going to be in brawl, i was estatic, and leon was the first to come to my mind. i think he would make a fun, cool, unique, kickass character for brawl.

Here is my version of Leon's moveset.

Height-4/5
Weight-4/5
Jump-2/5
Range-3/5
Speed-2/5
Power-4/5

A:Jab-Leon does one swift jab with his right hand. (3-5%)
AA:Jab'Kick-He quickly kicks with his right leg, near the characters shin. (2-4%)
AAA:Jab'Kick'High Kick-He kicks very high up, near the characters head. (5-7%, low knockback)

Run A:Tackle-Leon swiftly runs and tackles the character. (4-7%)
Tilt A>:Knee Thrust:Leon thrusts his knee into the character. (9-12%, low knockback)
Tilt A^:Uppercut-He uppercuts a character above or next to him. (Above-4-6%/Side-7-10%, low knockback-high knockback, depending on where hit)
Tilt Adown:Sweep Kick-Leon kicks near the characters feet, tripping them in the process. (5-8%, low knockback)

Smash A>:Elbow Thrust-Leon thrusts his elbow into the character. (10% uncharged/13-17% charged, high knockback)
Smash A^:Spinning Kick-Leon kicks upward with both legs in a spinning motion. (10-18%, high knockback, some lag)
Smash Adown:Split Kick-Leon does the splits, using his legs to knock down opponents. (9-12%, low knockback)

Grab:Grabs the characters neck/shoulder.
Running Grab:Runs into the character and grabs them in the same spot.
A:Stomach Punch:Repeatedely punches the character in the stomach. (3-4%)
Throw >:Spinning Kick-Quickly spins and kicks the character in the head. (10-12%, high knockback, some lag)
Throw <:Suplex-Grabs the characters stomach, and slams them behind himself. (12-15%, low knockback, high lag)
Throw ^:Uppercut-Throws the character in the air, then uppercuts them in midair. (2-4% throw, 6-10% uppercut, high knockback)
NOTE:This move is better used with low percentages.
Throw Down:punching Fury-Leon slams the character into the ground, mounts them, and repeatedely punches them. Maximum-6. (2-3% each punch, high lag)
NOTE:Both Leon and the character being pummled uses A for more or less punches.

Aerial A:punch/Kick:Leon both kicks and punches forward. (5-8%)
Aerial >:Hand Slap-Leon quickly uses both hands and slaps them together. (6-8%, high knockback)
Aerial <:Double Kick-He looks back and uses both his legs to kick backwards. (8-11%, high knockback, low lag)
Aerial ^:Midair Frontflip-Leon does an frontflip, hitting all characters in range of legs. (7-12%, low knockback)
NOTE:This move can hit anyone around Leon.
Aerial down:Thrustful Kick-Leon thrustfully kicks downward. (12-16%, high knockback)
NOTE:This is Leon's meteor smash.

B:Grenade-Leon pulls out one of 3 grenades, each with a diffrent attribute.
Regular-A regular grenade is standard with a good range of explosion. (4-10%, high knockback)
Fire-A fire grenade does minimal damage, but deals fire damage afterward. (3-6%, 2% fire damage every second, low knockback)
Flash-Deals no damage, but leaves the character stunned for a few seconds.
NOTE:Like Link's bombs, Leon's grenade can explode in his hand.
B>:Rocket Launcher-Leon takes out a rocket launcher and fires a huge rocket. Goes in a straight path towards target. (15-20%, very high knockback, high lag)
Bdown:Mine Thrower-Leon takes this out and fires darts with mines in them. If charged, they become homing. (11-17%, high knockback, low lag)
B^:Backflip Kick-Using amazing acrobatic skill, Leon does a backflip, using his legs for attack. (13-15%)

Final Smash (1):Leon calls Mike (a character that appears near the end of RE4 to help you in the final moments of the game), who comes in on a helicopter. Leon climbs onto the wing of the helicopter. They proceed to fire rockets at all the characters. Mike's missles cause 12-14% for each hit and are homing. Leon fires his rocket launcher, which deals a massive 30-50% damage for each hit. You can control when you fire, but they do not home in on targets. Lasts 15-30 sec.

Final Smash (2):Leon pulls out two rocket launchers, both with homing capabilites. He goes in to a frenzied rage and fires shot after shot of rockets. Each deals around 20-30% damage. (Note: Projectiles, like Fox's Blaster or Mario's Fireball can stop the rockets path.) Lasts 10-20 sec.

(Note: These are two possibilites, so don't get confused and think I want Leon to have 2 Final Smashes)

Kirby Costume:Wears Leon's hair.

Taunt:Leon throws his knife up in the air, catches it, then grunts.

Alt. Costumes:
Mafia Suit
Racoon Police Department Uniform
Leon w/o Leather Jacket
Leon w/o Leather Jacket, but with Tactical Vest.
Leon's main costume (pic above) in blue, red, or green.

Leon would pawn in Smash! Leon ftw! Leon for Brawl!

Raghib101

Smash Cadet
yh dat'll be a great character to play with.But if they have him they should have other res 4 characters.but most of da evil res 4 characters might be too scary for the younger age group like saddler or krouser.But they could just have Ada.
Imagine Leon vs Snake.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but his moves could be better.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it would be cool to have ada, but only if the 2 have different moves.

as for moves, i am not good at thinking up moves for characters. you can reply moves if you want. you can for ada as well

Raghib101

Smash Cadet
It'll be too hard to think of different moveset for both of them cause in res 4 they both kind of have the same move set except ada's faster n more flexible.But if they had 2 have similiar moves Ada could have:
B-Knife swipe but in a diff way to leons like a knife swipe going up
Up B-Fan Kick
Side B-Uses Random Gun and shoots a couple of bullets straight.guns like tmp,handgun n some times shotgun which deals most damage
Down B-She could throw a grenade like flash,hand and incidentary n it could be random each time-Leon could have this as well instead of rocket launcher

Her A button attacks can be fast like Sheiks

Her grapple can be she uses her grapple gun but it might be too similiar to link n samus

Her smash can be she gets a rocket launcher which blows up every one on screen or she could call on her phone thing for back up n a helicopter comes n shoots bullets n rockets n stuff.

Some of leons moves could be replaced with these like da bomb n gun n smash cause dat would suit him.

& for another B move if some of those above some people think suck can be where Leon or Ada get some herbs out n heal themselves or a teleport move like krausers where they use a flash grenade n end up on another part of the stage.These R just examples n they could be better but oh well.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
interesting, but one thing i think should be leon's move is the rocket launcher. it was awesome to get the infinite rocket launcher at the end of the game, plus the director won't let snake have real weapons, so that is why leon has the infinite rocket launcher and the chicago typewriter, because both are infinite and the typewriter might be hard to find in today's society

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
also, a chainsaw would work beautifuly in the game. it would work like link's sword, and it would be cool to hear the chainsaw noises in the game.

Plus it would be cool to see a level like the village come up

NukeA6

Smash Master
If a Resident Evil 4 character would be in the game, I doubt it would be Leon since it seems that he would be a Snake clone. I think Ada or Krauser would be better choices.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
why would it matter that snake could not get leon in. leon is more of a main character than ada while krauser might be scary for younger players (i for one think having ada and krauser would be awesome, but due to 3rd party constraints, i have to pick leon)

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I dunno about that for likelyhood. If there's gonna be one or two non-Nintendo characters in the gaame, with Solid Snake as one of them, then i don't think it's very likely that the second character will be a realistic-type character too.

They're still gonna try to keep this game aimed at a family audience, so to add a character from Resident Evil would be a terrible idea. How varied could his moves be from Snakes, too?

Bomberman, Pacman, Sonic, Earthworm Jim or anyone from Final Fantasy seem like much more varied choices in terms of move sets. Plus, so far the characters for this game seem to be turning out to be what everyone's been hoping for since the original Smash Bros. came out, so with the inclusion of non-Nintendo characters, god knows who could be included as the second.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
is snake family friendly? i have played the twin snakes for the gamecube and it is not family friendly. plus his moves are more varied, even if both use the same weaponry. snake sneaks around while leon just runs and guns. and i am meaning this post as a "what if". i would love to see leon in the game, even if others have a more likely chance to be in the game. i would like to know if other people think it is a good idea. sorry if i sound cross, but this guy rocked in RE4

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
What i mean is that adding another aduly-orientated game character will make the game even less family friendly. I mean, even though he's from a serious game series, in the trailer Snake's role is pretty humerous.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
have you played RE4? leon is not afraid to make a joke. there were many humorous moments in the game. but some of nintendo's franchises have a serious side to it. Legend of Zelda has both serious and funny moments in it. Fire Emblem also has a serious side to it. but leon could work in the game. he could use explosives like snake (infinite rocket launcher, grenades) and use a lot of acrobatic moves. he wouldn't be a copy of snake, and it would be kind of nice to have a few more realistic characters in SSBB, since the only characters that could be real are Marth and Roy.

entity

Smash Apprentice
You should make so that Leon can pull out a random gun.(like a flamethrower or shotgun)

Or you can make Leon be able to infect the opponent with a strain of T-virus. :)

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Heh, i smell solid snake clone =Þ

But he would indeed be awesome, as you could have random zombies coming off stage and attack you on the RE4 stage

NukeA6

Smash Master
colbusman said:
why would it matter that snake could not get leon in. leon is more of a main character than ada while krauser might be scary for younger players (i for one think having ada and krauser would be awesome, but due to 3rd party constraints, i have to pick leon)
Well seeing that they won't use real weaponry, Leon will end up using explosives and may be a bit too similar to Snake. Ada at least has a grapple-gun and a bow-gun which could make her a bit more original. Krauser too scary? The game is most likely gonna be rated T so why should it matter?

Player 2

Smash Rookie
If Leon is a clone he will at least be easier to fit in. Sakurai never said he wouldn't include any. Also, Leon can do lot's of cool things besides shooting, like kicking people's heads off and throwing eggs.

Yarg the Pirate

Smash Apprentice
odinm4gick said:
and your point?
The point is that Resident Evil is a Capcom series, and Megaman is a much more likely candidate for a 3rd party character than any of the Resident Evil people.

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
Yarg the Pirate said:
The point is that Resident Evil is a Capcom series, and Megaman is a much more likely candidate for a 3rd party character than any of the Resident Evil people.
But we are speculating IF leon were to be in, how would he work, what his moves would be, if others would be in and if he would be a good addition to the game. We are not talking about if he has a chance, (which i admit would be very very small) but it's fun to think about other characters being in smash with their own move set.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
If you were wool-blinded enough to actually like Resident Evil 4, then you have my sympathy. If anyone from Resident Evil makes it, it should be Jill, she starred in two games that were actually GOOD. She's got a bettter chance than Leon, and she's female, [which Smash is considered lto lack] But I doubt she has a chance anyway.

Resident Evil was definitely a big thing in gaming history, but I don't think it's needed in Smash Bros. Especially considering the exclusivity contract between Nintendo and Capcom has expired and Resident Evil five is slated as a PS3 title. Also, Solid Snake will probably draw about the same audience.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
all right, if leon was in the game, he wouldn't be a clone of snake. although they both used the same kind of weapons, it could be translate differently between the 2. snake could have grenades while leon had his rocket launcher.

and with the exclusitivity of re5 for the ps3, you are wrong in 3 ways. one, it is also for the xbox 360. two, they are creating an exclusive re game for the wii. and three, they might bring re5 to the wii.

also, leon is more likely to be a character because he has been in a recent re game. more people would know who he is. but i do see your point with jill.

as for ada and krauser, you have a good point for better moves for ada, and i do have a feeling of the game being rated "T". but i perfer leon because he was the main character. ada was barely in the game till the end and krauser actually died.

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
I dont think that leon will be a clone to anyone, his personality sets him apart from most video game characters I have ever heard about and/ or played with. the fact that he is a trained cop and has been through the incident with racoon city, diserns that his moveset would be completely different from any other current smash characters because he uses some form of martial arts, and the fact of him being the only character I have heard about that could use a knife as a simple move and be practical.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Xevelous said:
Thanky Muchly, My words are my wisdom.

And yes, leon should have Ada as an alternate costume, if they decide to do that!
That may be going a bit far. a guy turning into a woman? i would rather have ada as another character, but leon could turn into wesker or krauser or chris redfield?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Are you saying people have more fond memories of a recent, mediocre game than they would from an older, classic game?

Marth made the cut before Roy buddy. I guarantee.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Resting_Fox said:
Are you saying people have more fond memories of a recent, mediocre game than they would from an older, classic game?

I have played some of the old resident evil games, and they cannot live up to the expectation of re4, but that's my opinion (and nearly everybody who rates games for a living)

but i said jill is a cool idea, but leon is more recognizable now than jill. she did appear in deadly silence for the ds, but the old resident evil games just don't live up to re4.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:

Boy, you're bitter. I love RE4, and I also love RE1 through CV, and I do agree that Jill would be a better choice of character, but RE4 wasn't that bad. (In fact, I'd say it's my favorite RE after the REmake for GC) But as more people have played 4, and more people LIKE 4 (As an RE fan, you have to admit that not very many people like the Tank controls in the old ones, even if we love them, and many more prefer the more action-oriented RE4 gameplay) Leon would be an awesome second choice.

Shinji Mikami loves his RE ladies, and Mikami is to Resident Evil what Kojima is to Metal Gear Solid.

RAZOR BLADE

Smash Rookie
They Trying Ot To Use Guns So The Chicago Typewriter For The Smash Attack Would Be Out Of The Question. Would Be Out Of The Question. I Cant See Him In It Considering Hes From A Game That Involves Blowing Up Heads And Getting Attacked By HORDES Of Angry Parasite Filled Villagers.

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
Leon's B attacks should be a variety of corny lines. His win quote could be "Where's everyone going? BINGO?!?!?!?"

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
dotdotdot! said:
Boy, you're bitter....
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't post in topics for characters I'm against, but it's just more fun for me than a circle jerk of fandom.

...more people have played 4, and more people LIKE 4 (As an RE fan, you have to admit that not very many people like the Tank controls in the old ones, even if we love them, and many more prefer the more action-oriented RE4 gameplay) Leon would be an awesome second choice.
That's part of the problem with 4, though. they deviated from the original formula and alienated their closest fans. Before RE4, it had never been about action. It was about strategy and survival, terror and darkness. RE4 isn't even DARK for god's sake, I had to turn the brightness on my TV all the way down just to make it feel somewhat right.

By the way, I did a Wikipedia search on Shinji, and man, it's no wonder the zombies in Alladin were so convincing.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:
Yeah, maybe I shouldn't post in topics for characters I'm against, but it's just more fun for me than a circle jerk of fandom.

That's part of the problem with 4, though. they deviated from the original formula and alienated their closest fans. Before RE4, it had never been about action. It was about strategy and survival, terror and darkness. RE4 isn't even DARK for god's sake, I had to turn the brightness on my TV all the way down just to make it feel somewhat right.

By the way, I did a Wikipedia search on Shinji, and man, it's no wonder the zombies in Alladin were so convincing.
Well, Thats why RE is so strong. When it does classic survival, it does it **** well (One of my favorite parts of RE4 is when you have to control Ashley through all the booby traps and cultists) and when it wants to be a solid action game with some startles thrown in, it does.

You have to admit, since 3, RE hasn't been very "scary." The last truly "scary/creepy" RE I played was the "Flashback" scenario in Outbreak File2 (I love that scenario). Action in RE isn't new. Jill is all about the running and dodging and shooting, and Code: Veronica had it's share of action sequences(I'm not even mentioning the "Survivor" series, and Dead Aim).

It isn't so much about scares anymore so much as it's about "Whats going to happen next?" and RE4 exemplifies that immensely. (Especially the PS2 version. Ada's path really gave you some insight on the comings and goings of RE4.) I find where RE is going very enjoyable, and (good news) it does seem like they might be going back to their "roots" a little with RE5.

Anyway. Way off topic. So howsabout that Leon in Smash?

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
As much as I love RE, this is a stupid idea, and it deserves to be boiled with harble.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
intresting ideas guys. lets get started

I know the chicago typewriter is a gun, so his smash could be some form of martial arts attacks, or lots of grenades

i for one was scared of re4 (until i got the infinite rocket launcher boo-yah) but it did have its "what will happen next" moments, like you stated and the other re games were scarier. but some things were fixed in re4 (camera angle for one thing) and the story seemed richer

jill is a good idea, i have to say, but i am a fan of recent re games over the old ones, or maybe i should see them again.

maybe i should change this to the "Resident Evil Characters Forum". nah, i'll just leave it with leon, but you are all welcome to state info on other characters. still, i pick leon over everyone else

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
alright, here would be the moves i would pick-

b-Knife swipe (since re4, the knife has been cool to use)
b-up-Flash Disappear (like sheik or krauser, he throws a flash grenade quickly and reappears higher in the air)
b-forward-Rocket Launcher (like samus's missle but is more powerful and doesn't home in, more damage at longer range)
b-down-Grenade (pulls out random grenage and can explode, stun, or set guys on fire)

A up attacks use his cool leg kick he uses to knock down ganados, while a down uses sweeps. a would use punches.

smash attacks would be similar to ganondorfs

then his super smash could be:
he radios in a chopper and it fires multiple missles at all the characters, it even tells leon when it will fire, but the other guys are always hit, unless you are good at dodging.

There, no real weapons are used, and it is not a copy of snake. it uses a variation of moves from all the re games and leon can still look like a bad***

Discuss

Ghos7Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I would rather have Leon than snake personally.

But having them both wouldn't be bad for me.

I play as every character if I feel like switching my main to another.
Right now I still use mario as my main since i'm best with him.

Anyways, they are both good.

Top Bottom