• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official Goemon for SSBB thread

Laijin

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure alot of you know who Goemon is. If not, then you should. He is the start of the Mystical Ninja series, a nintendo exclusive series. It wasnt very popular in the states, so only a couple of Goemon games was bought over here. One of those was Mystical Ninja for the N64. It was a very fun Action Platformer with many different mini games and such. You will even occasionally pilot a giant Goemon mech in FPS mode and even gain the ability to transform into a super sayain spin off with the spiky yellow hair and yellow aura.

Now, we all know Goemon is an awesome character. If they can add not so popular characters like Marth and Roy(Remember? Fire Emblem wasnt very popular in the states when SSBM was released), then why not bring Goemon into the game?

Help me come up with a potential moveset. I'll use your ideas and post them here.

phyre_fiend

Smash Rookie
A great series! Even the ones on the N64 were funny and fun to play through. Was actually thinking about if he would come as a character. He has the cartoony-ness of SSB, and would have a large variety of moves to draw on as well.

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
It's a very good idea. So good, that even someone made a Goemon thread before.
Also I would like to see Yae or Sasuke, but thats very unlikely.

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
GOOD IDEA.

i think his moves would go like this...

A=pipe once
AA=pipe three times
B=chain pipe short but quick
BB=chain pipe long but slow on recoil
up B=pipe jab up, STRONG!
forward B= flaming RYO
down B=powers up, twice power twige damage taken when hit, like in 64.
forward smash=swipe with pipe, STRONG.
down smash=spin with chain pipe.
up smash=shoots chain pipe upwards.

SUPER SMASH. shoots chain pipe at someone, grabs them and hits annother enemy with him/ her.

grab= obviously, chain pipe.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Goemon 64! That game was FUNNY!

Here's one of my custom movesets I made in this board:

#11: Ganbare Goemon

Reason: He rocks

Good 1st jump (Like pichu), bad 2nd jump (Like Ganondorf, but a faster flip)
Same weight as ness, falls like fox (not falco).
Being a ninja, he runs fast and quietly, a tad slower than fox.
He can Crouch really low.
His smash/a attacks would all involve swinging the pipe
Normal B = Throw ryous(coins), like luigi's fireballs but faster and more ranged.
Aim it like a Yoshi egg.
>B: Chain Pipe (same as shiek, but more stiff chain, and pipe on the end)
It can aid recovery slightly, like Dr. Mario cape (NOT normal Mario cape)
^B: Ninja 'poof' Teleports like shiek, leaves a tree behind like a samus bomb.
Tree does 1-2% on contact, does not trap enemy.
vB: Ground pound. Like yoshi, but less range, a tad nore damaging.

Midair attacks, similar to his normal A attacks.
He'd have a japanesey themed target test.

Sasuke: Clone of Goemon, faster and lighter(same weight as pikachu,
but NOT Pichu, a tad faster than Fox), better jumps but weaker.
Throws daggers(more damaging), rather than ryous.
His recovery is his legs become a propeller and he freely flies for 1 second.
He uses a SMALL sword instead of a pipe for A moves, and extends
his hair for an Upsmash.

Both entrances are a Player change warp (hovering slightly above ground)
which spawns them, thay do a little dance, then the player change
platform disappears and then they fall onto the stage.

When sent offscreen upwards, both have their Goemon 64 fall cry.

What do you think?

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
If it's Old Age Goemon, I'd love to see him in <3. Goemon is such an under rated series, but I'd rather see Sasuke, he's my favorite ^__^. I think that Old Age has a better chance of making it (of what miniscule chance Goemon has making it in the first place, haha.), since Konami poked fun at New Age in Goemon DS.

Also, towards Chi/above poster:
It's someone's opinion on what's "cool" or not, I prefer LttP Link over TP Link.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Goemon, even though I don't believe he is owned by Nintendo, I think he would be an excellent ddition to the SSB series. Cartoony like Ness, fast like Fox, and Strong like Mario (not too strong, just right)!

MORE CHAIN PIPE, THE BETTER!!!!!!!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
some people think that Brawl will only be Nintendo and Konami characters *coughsmashbrosonlinecough* I wouldn't mind if it is because that means Goemon will proberly be in :)

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
xianfeng said:
some people think that Brawl will only be Nintendo and Konami characters *coughsmashbrosonlinecough* I wouldn't mind if it is because that means Goemon will proberly be in :)
I'm just wondering who made this series. IT WAS GOLDEN! I LOVE THE 64 TITLE!

magar

Banned via Administration
I Like Him, But He Has Allmost No Chance
& FE Started On The NES So...... Marth & Roy Has A Hell Of Alot Better Chance Of Returning.
Also, More FE Characters.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Goemon and the Mystical Ninja games are some of the most underrated titles in existance. Goemon would be a really cool third party addition to Brawl, considering he's Konami's "mascot" character to rival Mario, Sonic, and the rest. It's a shame they don't push him in the US, and they already got one addition in the form of Snake, kinda killing Goemon's chances just a little :ohwell:

MetaKirby

Smash Rookie
Moves for Goemon,
[tap B] throws Ryo (golden medals)
[Hold B] hold down B to charge up then release B to fire the "Flaming Medal" attack
[Grab attack] uses chain pipe (similar to Samus and Link's grab but w/ longer reach)
[B and up] Goemon does a ninja poof thing like Sheik.
[B and down] Goemon turns into super-saiyan-lookin-thing for a short time and makes all his attacks 2x more powerful.
[Super Smash] Goemon plays his conch shell which calls on Impact, his giant robot, and kills everyone.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
The first guy looks cool, but the second guy posted is DEFINATELY a queer.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
2 things:

1. Goemon is owned by Konami, not that it matters but there has been debate about that so I was just clearing the air.

2. Goemon is by far the best new character idea I have heard yet, he would mesh SO well with the rest of the characters. Great idea man.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
To people who think there can be too much chainpipe.

Newsflash: Goemon wields a pipe like Marth and Roy wield swords. Thats just what he does. Goemon games always feature him wielding a pipe to kill enemies.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Well done, DotDotDot.

If anything, marth and roy's movesets feature too much sword.

Ganbare Goemon would perhaps be the best addition to super smash bros!

TriforceJ

Smash Apprentice
xianfeng said:
Mystical Ninja 64 = my 2nd favourite game of all time
Holy crap! It's my second favorite game as well!!! It's only my second favorite because, in my opinion, nothing tops Ocarina of Time.

Anyway, I am all for Goemon's appearance in Brawl! Contrary to popular belief, Goemon is more popular than one would think. In Japan, he is just about as popular as Mario or Sonic. Sadly enough, this is not the case in the U.S., as he is known by an oddly low population of American gamers. I am one of the low population, and I feel that Goemon could get in the Brawl cast based on his Japanese popularity and his American semi-popularity.

What? I can dream, can't I?

As for a hypothetical moveset:
B: Ryo Throw- throws a Ryo forward. Can be charged up to fire a Flaming Ryo.
B+Up: Smoke Jump- dissapears in a cloud of smoke to reappear a distance away. Can be aimed with the control stick.
B+Down: Sudden Impact- charges up power to become golden-haired and increase your strength temporarily.
B+Smash: Goemon Yo-Yo- swings a giant yo-yo forward in order to do multiple hits of damage (and yes, Goemon did have a yo-yo in some of his games).
Super Attack: Ninja Formation- summons Ebisumaru, Yae, and Sasuke, who attack independently and dissappear after a short while.

Taunt: Stands on one foot and spins pipe around in his right hand while holding his left hand forward.
Entrance: Koryuta the Dragon flies overhead and drops Goemon off at the stage.

• I decided to leave the Chain Pipe out of his B-moveset because I believe that it should be his Throw move, like Link's Hookshot or Samus's Grappling Beam.
• Also, I decided to not have Goemon use Impact (the giant robot) as his Super Attack and Entrance because I have an Idea to use Impact as a stage instead. It would be a moving stage, and you'd be travelling all around Impact as he skates forward around houses and such (like his stages in Mystical Ninja starring Goemon).

Feel free to comment on my ideas as you wish. :)

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes... Goemon.

Good idea. I liked the Mystical Ninja games a lot myself, and I think Goemon would make an excellent choice for a fighter in SSBB. (Sasuke would be pretty awesome too.)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
An Impact stage would be so awesome. But instead of fighting on his head, how about fighting in the burning temple (as most games tend to have :p) with Impact in the background? He would walk back and forth, a la Kraid, and occassionally spit fireballs from his nose at the fighters or throw down his fists to try and smash them off the building. I think that would make for a much more frantic and fun stage.

Goemon_3228

Smash Rookie
Ebisumaru would be such a good character. He would be like.. A DK mixed with kirby. And who wouldn't want that. They are probably going to put them in because The Goemon character are awesome.

Top Bottom