• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official FFXIV Website was updated.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I know, my post was in complete sarcasm at how they already have FF14 in full force development, and 13 still hasn't released lol.

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
why would they make another MMO?

i played 11 for like an hour and was soooooooooo boooooooooooooooooooored

12 sucked too

if 10 wasn't so amazing i'd of given up on the series >.> 13 better be good

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
11 was bad because it was almost entirely focused on the group element, and not individual fun.

Which is why Korea loves it.

This game is FAR more casual.

And 10 was ****ing trash.

BEHR

Smash Hero
But the Galkas. <333

and Beastmaster was so fun. ;=;

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
10 was okay at best. 10 part 2 was trash.

11 was fun if you had friends to play it with. Although it got kind of stale after a while.

12...I have yet to play, but from what I've heard, it's not too good.

13 better deliver. Otherwise someone's getting shot.

14 seems good. Depends on how well the gameplay is, and how customizable your character is.

Makes you wonder how many they'll make.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
10 was okay at best. 10 part 2 was trash.

11 was fun if you had friends to play it with. Although it got kind of stale after a while.

12...I have yet to play, but from what I've heard, it's not too good.

13 better deliver. Otherwise someone's getting shot.

14 seems good. Depends on how well the gameplay is, and how customizable your character is.

Makes you wonder how many they'll make.
10-2 was actually an extremely good game, provided you ignored the campy fanservice and the story in general. The battle system was quite incredible, and a great step in the right direction of revolutionizing the series.

12 was uncomfortable. I'M CAPTAIN BASCH.

11... I did not like at all.

Don't believe Endore's lies.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I didn't like X-2 as a whole. Gameplay was sub-par, story sucked, fanservice was EVERYWHERE.

I'd like to play 12 sometime...but no ps2 = no FFXII.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'M CAPTAIN BASCH, OF DALMASCA

personally...

haven't played 1
haven't played 2 (but qdvs seems to like it)
3 was great
haven't played 4
5 was great
6 was great
7 was great
8 was great
9 was great
10 was great
10-2 was great
11 sucked
12 was great
13 will be great
and 14 could go either way

but i am a major rpg fan, so I enjoyed them more than the average bear.

I hate when people trash talk 12 because of the Gambit system.
no one is forcing you to use it.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
FFs 1-9 were amazing to me.

10 was ok, but I guess I am old school and had preferred the old format. I thought 10-2 was utter garbage. I never touched 11. I tried 12, and I quit because I got bored on the new formula and gambit system. HOWEVER! After coming to terms with myself, I decided to give 12 another shot, and I am liking it this time around. The gambit system is nice and fluid for your basic battles, but when it comes to bosses, you better take full control lol.

Did anyone touch 12's sequel? I bet none of you knew there was one :p (hint: it's on the DS LMAO)

nevershootme

Smash Master
FFs 1-9 were amazing to me.

10 was ok, but I guess I am old school and had preferred the old format. I thought 10-2 was utter garbage. I never touched 11. I tried 12, and I quit because I got bored on the new formula and gambit system. HOWEVER! After coming to terms with myself, I decided to give 12 another shot, and I am liking it this time around. The gambit system is nice and fluid for your basic battles, but when it comes to bosses, you better take full control lol.

Did anyone touch 12's sequel? I bet none of you knew there was one :p (hint: it's on the DS LMAO)
I did... revenant wings... it was ok i guess, but the game was pretty linear but since i was playing the japanese version, i didn't understand jack

Player-3

Smash Hero
eeeeehhh i recently bought revenant wings, its not bad but its practically FF Tactics Advanced fro the GBA with two screens and a bunch of strange (unnecesary imo) changes

luffyfan99

Smash Cadet
Why so much hate on FFXII

I really didnt like the fact i had to grind alot, but i still though it was a good game

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Part of it from me is just it is soooo different from the regular FF formula. I always liked the exploring huge 3D worlds with the random encounters kind of thing. It was really the battles and how they presented the world that had me trip up. I just like the FF 1-9 style, and my personal favorite systems are the materia (FF7 dur) and ability orbs (FF9). Although, the Junction system from FF8 was also kinda cool, and don't get me started on the FF6 Esper system :D.

luffyfan99

Smash Cadet
Part of it from me is just it is soooo different from the regular FF formula. I always liked the exploring huge 3D worlds with the random encounters kind of thing. It was really the battles and how they presented the world that had me trip up. I just like the FF 1-9 style, and my personal favorite systems are the materia (FF7 dur) and ability orbs (FF9). Although, the Junction system from FF8 was also kinda cool, and don't get me started on the FF6 Esper system :D.
Ive played VII & X so i was a little thrown off from no random encounter, but i still thought it was a good game for it change in formula

Gerbil

Smash Champion
FFVI is the best FF, hands down.

Bidness.
You speak words of TRUTH! 6 is my all time favorite FF game period. The story was so well thought out, the battle system was nice (though broken after like... level 42 LOL) and the villain... I mean, Kefka has got to be the most badass FF villain to date.

Think about it.

What other FF villain has actually demolished and created his own world while laughing cruelly as he slaughters thousands of innocent lives?

Only Kefka.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
FFVI is the best FF, hands down.

Bidness.
This man speaks truth. Gau is sooo underrated, as is Sabin...

FFI:perfection, or as close as it can come.
FFII:Have yet to play it.
FFIII:Yet to play it.
FFIV:pLayed it for a while, Emulator messed up, I didn't feel like playing through up to where I was again.
FFV:Have yet to play it.
FFVI:Loved it, loved it, and loved it more.
FFVII:Meh, pretty fun.
FFVIII:IMO, better than VII.
FFIX:Yet to REALLY play it. Played it for a small while when I was a kid.
FFX:Okay, at best.
FFX-2:Fail.
FFXI:Fun while it lasted. Higher level = less fun. It had potential.
FFXII:Have yet to play it.
FFXIII:plan to play it, looks alright.
FFXIV:Looks awesome.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
i thought FF4 was the best personally. FF6 was too easy of a game, and I thought the stories were about equally excellent, so my vote goes to 4. i really don't see how people think FF12 is a good game. it is an RPG with a laughably weak story. all an RPG IS, essentially, is a visual novel with some gameplay thrown in. also, FF12 was a very fun game, imo. it was challenging, so i didn't fall asleep, and group play was a lot of fun. the world was very rich and beautiful, making exploring fun. the only thing that game could have used was a slightly better PvP system. FF10-2 was even worse than this game. On top of that, it was a giant disappointment because it was Square Enix's first time EVER making a direct sequel to an FF game and it ended in disaster... :(

FF1-9, excluding 8, were good, although the gameplay in the original version of 2 was awful despite its amazing story. FF7 is overrated, but a good game, nonetheless. FF10 was a good game, but a little linear, and FF12 was absolutely atrocious. i'm looking forward to FF13 and 14.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Here is my opinion:

FFI: Its ****ing old. Its not perfect. Its actually pretty annoying with random battles happening every 1 or 2 steps you make. Thats probably the only reason I hated the first few Final Fantasies and thats what I really hate the most in RPGs.
FFII: Same as I
FFIII: Never played this one
FFIV: Never played this one
FFV: Never played this one
FFVI: Same problem as one. I hear it has a good story, but if im frustrated within the first 2 hours, I don't think it would've been a very enjoyable experience. Having frequent random battles is NOT fun for me. Hated it but did'nt play through it
FFVII: The game that got me into RPGs. Pretty good
FFVIII: The best one. By far. No contest.
FFIX: Got half way through. Its okay at best
FFX:Second best one. Pretty **** amazing
FFX-2: I finished this before X. I enjoyed it, but the ending sucked ****.
FFXI: Looks boring to me. Like any other MMO
FFXII: THE WORST ONE. Holy**** this game was terrible on so many levels. The only good thing that came out of this was the graphics. Everything else sucked so hard. I hated it. I played it all the way through. The balance sucked, the battle system was stupid, everything sucked about this game. It needs to go burn in a fire now.
FFXIII: Looks cool.
FFXIV:Looks awesome.

Laijin

Smash Hero
No.
I refuse to make that connection.
I used to strongly believe that rpgs are like books, but after going towards actually being a game developer..I have to disagree.

When I play a video game, I don't want to read a book. If I wanna do that I would read a book.
What makes a game is gameplay. Not reading, so therefore I hate that comparison.
Same with movies. I don't play a game to watch it, I play it to play it. Thats why Metal Gear Solid 4, that $50 movie, went waaay overboard. wtf over 8 hours of cutscenes? ridiculous.

nevershootme

Smash Master
here's my thoughts. RPG's are more to be properly defined as Interactive novel

I - Black mages were awesome, but never finished the game. though the high amount of random encounters were insane...
II - never get to play it
III - never get to play it, and the DS remake looks ugly at times
IV - Never get to finish, don't remember where i left off
The after years - Need to start playing it
V - never get to play it
VI - fun and lengthy, and quite entertaining to do actual inputs to do Sabin's specials
VII - While overrated, it was still a fun game to play
VIII - The junction system was confusing, yet still finished the game,
IX - back to old school and still fun game
X - Linear yet ear ripping to hear the voices
XI - Played it for 2 years and.... well only the hardcore survive
XII - I got bored pretty fast, yet the battle system was so-so yet kinda killed it hard from the gambits
XIII - promising, and yay for 360 owners
XIV - promising, and sad it's ps3 and pc :(

if you want something that was nothing but movie with little action. then try The Bouncer

Top Bottom