• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official disposable minions thread.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
This thread was origionally about possible consequenses for spamming DK's waddle dee throw attack. Now that we know that there aren't any, I want to discuss this interesting move in-depth.

The biggest advantage of this attack is, no matter what you do, this move is safe and by using it, (providing it hits) you WILL create a wandering hitbox between you and the opponent. Two at the most. This hitbox has the potential to block projectiles from both you and the opponent, can slow down incoming attacks due to natural hitpause time, and will occasionally attack.

Now let's consider if Dedede can inhale his own Waddle dees. We've already seen that if you hit an opponent front-on with this attack, the waddle dee itself bounces back towards Dedede. Just say you threw one at close range and then instantly inhaled it...Dedede is now in a good position to fire a second, more powerful projectile at the opponent.

This would be especially useful as an edgeguard, I would think.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
You could just Inhale a bunch of them for a super-powered star projectile.

So yeah, spam away!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Really, i think so but not swamp, just enough to camp for a while, smash, then camp more

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm more interested in whether the waddles will get in Dedede's way as much as the opponent, though. It could be interesting to see what you can do with a lot of them on the field at once.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
You have to consider a few things:

• They don't last THAT long
  • They'll walk off the stage once they reach the ledge
  • Your opponent isn't just gonna be standing there letting them swarm
  • You have a giant hammer.... WHY ARE YOU TOSSING LITTLE DUDES ALL THE TIME?

Once you factor all those things, I doubt you'll ever see more than 2-3 on the stage at once.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, they can get knocked off and batted away by attacks from your opponent, but that can cause as enough of a distraction to open the person up for an attack.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
You can camp them or shorten your opponents options. The Gordo is also an added bonus because they can actually kill someone. This makes throwing Waddle Dees very effective.

EToaster

Smash Apprentice
Did they even hit the enemy once they'd landed? I was sure I saw Ike just running through them half the time.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
How can it not be beneficial? A bigger version of Peach's turnips is what they are, basically.

Besides, it has been confirmed that there can only be two onscreen at the same time, if a third one is thrown, one of the others vanishes.

But yeah, Waddle-Dee camping is going to be a cornerstone of DDD's game, along with that beastly f-tilt.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been brought up, but when playing with items, Dedede randomly throws a capsule. It happened to me twice the other night when playing. It may have been that I somehow picked up the capsules, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
My friend has the Japanese Wii and Brawl, and I'm a very avid Dedede player ;)

I've noticed that Dedede spamming the underlings is a VERY good strategy. They get in the way of projectiles, and they do decent damage. Today, I inhaled one, and Dedede swallowed it o.O Unfortunately, I didn't get to see if I gained any health or anything... I'll be sure to try it tomorrow.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've noticed that Dedede spamming the underlings is...
Good... It's catching on... ^_^ Except it's Undrlings. LOL

But really, if you can swallow your own undrlings, does that mean you can suck them up and fire them as projectiles? Please play around with this DKpunch! and figure out what all is possible with them.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
A tilt is when you simply tilt the joystick when preforming an A-Move rather then Smash it over.

As for the Undrling thing, yes sort of. I've been going heavy on the puns lately... And hey, the term works. lol

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been brought up, but when playing with items, Dedede randomly throws a capsule. It happened to me twice the other night when playing. It may have been that I somehow picked up the capsules, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case.
Actually, it can happen even with items off, I just tested it. Smash balls can come out of those capsules too.

The Mediator

Smash Journeyman
I'm not necessarily saying that Kirby COPIES the undrling's abilities... I'm just wondering what would happen if you had an undrling inside a person inside a person.

TheRooster

Smash Cadet
universe would implode
Clearly magic is the only logical explanation here......

Also has anyone else noticed the Wdees causing others to slip. I haven't really seen this too much on videos, but I played it the other day and metaknight at me ran and tripped over one.

A very satisfying penguin press followed.......

Top Bottom