• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Everyone is such a wimp when it comes to this... Everyone is too scared to play it because he has japanese. So what? There's pictures next to every item, and the scenes explain themselves VERY well. I almost knew NOTHING about MOTHER3 when I bought it, except that you can press the select button in battles to bring up pictures of items and the main family's names. As for what to do in places, it's not THAT hard to figure out. Worst case scenario, you have to talk to everyone you can or press A rapidly over a small area to find something, etc. I did NOT use a translation guide, yet I figured out the major parts of the story.
I'd rather read what they are saying because it kind of makes the story and some of the jokes in the game nothing...sure I can figure it out...I beat Pokemon Silver before I got it in Japanese...

...It lessens the story and stuff though

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
I'd rather read what they are saying because it kind of makes the story and some of the jokes in the game nothing...sure I can figure it out...I beat Pokemon Silver before I got it in Japanese...

...It lessens the story and stuff though
You can figure out the big parts, though. There's really only one big thing I think you miss out on if you don't use a translation.

At the end in New Pork City, you find Leder in a room. If you talk to him, he reveals the VERY long history of Nowhere Islands. The gist of it is that the world was destroyed before, but The Dragon (not Drago;no name) protected the island. The Magypsies sealed The Dragon with the seven needles, and only Claus and Lucas can pull them. The Pig army wants to awaken it, and Lucas and co race against them to pull them. Nowhere Islands is actually on the back of The Dragon. That's how mind-numbingly huge it is.The survivors had their memories wiped and were boated over to Nowhere Islands. Only Leder still had his memory, in case a crisis arose again, which is why he became a mute. And Kumatora is one of those survivors, whose parents died when she was young.. I think.
Other than that, it's not all important, and a lot of jokes aren't solely text. You can slip on banana peels at parts of the game. There's other jokes like that.

RMR

Smash Apprentice
I simply Love Mother 3, I hope the translation project gets ready soon, because reading japanese is a little hard.

I would like to see Claus, He is simply awesome and Original (I mean, Waluigi ? No thanks), and I like the idea of a villianous kid (Ganon Vs Lucas ?, hmm :/).

Btw, I like the rom, Importing is a complicated thing, and Roms are free ! and Since nintendo isnt going to translate the Cart anytime soon...

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Cool, I cant see anybody not wanting claus in brawl, hes too freakin awsome, even if u dont support him you have to atleast admit that he would be a great addition to the brawl cast...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
http://ikusaba.client.jp/
Japanese site for a good 3-d picture of claus :p.
Oh and another excuse for him is ... THAT HE IS BROTHERS WITH LUCAS! [/sarcasim]
Anyhow it's the fact that there's no other decent mother rep , Oh and he was mentioned 4 times in sakurai's journal Next to the likes of ridley krystal ike And diddy O: , And since Mother 3 has high regard in japan this could Effort a worldwide release for the mother series O: (There are so many excuses i can think of on why claus should be in but it's not even funny.)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
yea if all it takes to join is adding that thing to your sig then....................*adds thing to sig*

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I think Claus would be a neat character in Brawl...And if ness is really gone ( :( ) He would be perfect for that second Earthbound character.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Hehe, looks like the hype train is going faster now.

Another Final Smash idea:
"End of the World"
Claus pulls out the last needle and summons the Dragon.

@Vesperview:
I saw the PMs today, I rarely come here, except now and then. Great job with the thread.

The "old" thread got locked, no problem there.

By the way, can you edit the first post and add a link to the old thread? So people can know when the Claus hype started.

Oh and this one, how can someone forget about it!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aDV4vJUtxY

-----
~Maker of the first Claus thread~

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
If Claus got in I could see him being a higher tier character. Ability to glide, good projectiles, and range would be a deadly combination.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
so is Ashley...

anyways; Vesper, if you want to include more fan art, you could always make a new post full of fan art, then link to it in the first post... I think that would work....?
We need a new flavor. The question is, though, who should it be?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
so is Ashley...

anyways; Vesper, if you want to include more fan art, you could always make a new post full of fan art, then link to it in the first post... I think that would work....?
Lol ashley supporters = worse XD XD XD , I Mean who wants A Random Warioware filler girl Over a kid with Metal wings a cannon and a sword ? :p.
We need a new flavor. The question is, though, who should it be?
Wolf ? Animal crosser ? Paper mario ? JUST PLAIN EVERYONE? IDK :p.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Boring? How can you call a small child with a light sword and batwings boring?
Every time you say Claus is boring God kills a bunny rabbit.
I think it's because he's over mentioned. You know what, this month's flavor should be

Marina Mint Green.

T-major

Smash Champion
Why DON'T we need a flavor of the month?
I'm fine with monthly flavours, as long as they're characters that deserve to be supported (unlike Ashley...). Marina would be a sweet flavour (pun slightly intended D: )

Anyhow as to a claus alt i have to say no , I WANT MAI CLAUS AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER O: With MAI LUCAS
I ment an Alt costume FOR Claus, that lets you play as him without his mask on (he takes it off at the end of the game)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm fine with monthly flavours, as long as they're characters that deserve to be supported (unlike Ashley...). Marina would be a sweet flavour (pun slightly intended D: )
Props for loving Mischief Makers. SHAKE SHAKE!

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Actually, kid Claus as an Alt for Lucas and Masked Man Claus as playable in himself would be doubley awsome.

Plus, I want my new flavour to be root beer float, yum.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

I ment an Alt costume FOR Claus, that lets you play as him without his mask on (he takes it off at the end of the game)
Oh , I Doubt they will do that but that would be cool O: Anyhow i wonder what song would play for his victory theme and what his victory pose would be.
:Claus takes off helmet:
"The winner is..."I Serve the pig mask army" Claus! :Stats screen shows up:" :p. (As for ashley i agree with you , She deserves no support :mad:.)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Actually, kid Claus as an Alt for Lucas and Masked Man Claus as playable in himself would be doubley awsome.

Plus, I want my new flavour to be root beer float, yum.
Lucas-Claus vs. Masked Man Claus

Will the universe be destroyed if that happens?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think it's because he's over mentioned. You know what, this month's flavor should be

Marina Mint Green.
Mistif Makers isn't owned by Nintendo. It was published by Enix in Japan, so it's owned by Treasure.

Either way, Claus would be a really cool character. I wonder if he'll make it. I think he has a shot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mistif Makers isn't owned by Nintendo. It was published by Enix in Japan, so it's owned by Treasure.

Either way, Claus would be a really cool character. I wonder if he'll make it. I think he has a shot.
I know she isn't owned by Nintendo. However, it did publish the game outside of Japan in the Americas and Europe and it's possible they got the Japanese rights from Enix. Also, Saki is a Treasure character and he's an AT.

T-major

Smash Champion
I know she isn't owned by Nintendo. However, it did publish the game outside of Japan in the Americas and Europe and it's possible they got the Japanese rights from Enix. Also, Saki is a Treasure character and he's an AT.
really? awesome! that makes me want Marina in Brawl even more! (as an AT at least)

anyways, back to Claus. does anyone know where I can get some Claus/Pig mask sprites?

Top Bottom