• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~The Official Banjo-Kazooie Appreciation Thread~~

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
I think that banjo kazooie is the best to join brawl!! Banjo-Kazooie was originally known by the project name Dream for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. The project starred a boy named Edison, who owned a wooden sword and got into trouble with a group of pirates lead by Captain Blackeye. Dream was also scheduled to include a rabbit that looked like a man, a dopey dog and a bear that became Banjo. After its code was transferred to the Nintendo 64, it was shown at the 1997 E3 as Banjo-Kazooie.

The game received a significant amount of hype partly due to being marketed as the game that would be to the N64 what Donkey Kong Country was to the SNES in terms of an advancement in graphics. It was originally supposed to be released as Nintendo of America's big holiday game for 1997 with a Taco Bell toy promotion lined up, but Rare needed to delay it several months. Instead, Diddy Kong Racing took its place, and with Banjo as a character in that game as well, it turned B-K into an incidental spinoff of the Donkey Kong franchise.

Yay Banjo!!!!!!!!!!

Smash Ace
I think that there is already a thread about this. I'll search and be back to you in a minute.

Please, search before you make a new thread.

EDIT: here you go. You might also find the character support links index useful.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Yeah, it is now unlikely that Banjo and Kazooie will ever appear in a Smash game... Sad thing really, they fit in perfectly. I can picture him in Brawl really, with a Kazooie second jump with her characteristic sound, triple swipe A-A-A move, rolling dash move, rat-atat-tat fair, etc... A moveset practically writes itself for Banjo!

B: Pack Whack (Banjo Tooie and GBA: a little slow but huge knockback)
Side B: Egg Firing (3 rapid fires with recharge time)
Up B: Flap Flip (the crouching backflip, huge vertical gain)
Down B: Wonderwing (Gold Feather move: breaks projectiles and releases an aura that damages)

There are many more possibilities as well. And of course, Banjo Kazooie would be gliders...

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
if only if only...
if Banjo and Kazooie were to somehow become playable in brawl i would cry seriously.. i loved their games when i was a kid and i still do and Banjo-Threeie looks pretty cool (their new look has to grow on me though) but if they somehow got in Sakurai would have to call Rare and Microsoft on a really REEEEEALLY good day.. dont flame me for saying that because it would probably never happen anyway.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
As cool as Banjo and Kazooie are...

Rare + Microsoft = Pretty Much No Chance At All (unfortunately).

Raxivace

Smash Cadet
It would be awesome, but alas... Rare and Microsoft...

I could totally imagine Grunty as a boss, too.

Maybe there could even have Stop 'n' Swop trophies or something.

Top Bottom