• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Offical FUNKY KONG Thread!!!~

NJzFinest

Smash Hero

^Top Left

General info on the character himself:
Funky Kong usually supplies services to the Kongs such as allowing them to go back to worlds they have previously completed in the game. However, in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, he took on a different role as a watercraft merchant, allowing Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong to reach new areas of the game world. In Donkey Kong 64, Funky switched jobs yet again to become the amunitions expert of the group. He supplied various weaponry and upgrades to the Kongs, and donned camouflage clothing, goggles and a large rocket on his back in favor of his old board shorts and sunglasses. He is also a playable character in some spinoff games.

Funky was also a regular on the Donkey Kong Country cartoon, where he was voiced by Damon D'Oliveira. An obvious difference one might notice is that the cartoon version of Funky had tan fur as opposed to the brown fur his video game counterpart had. He was also given a Jamaican accent. However, like his game counterpart, Funky is keen on surfing (although we never see him doing it), and like in the first game, he runs his own airline service. He often talks about karma and is the best dancer on the island. Funky is obviously not fond of adventuring or fighting the Kremlings. Nor is he keen on doing very much work; he often tries to take the easier way out of a situation, or just leave it up to DK and Diddy. Funky is more peace-loving than the other Kong family members.

Funky Kong can appear as a character, assist trophy, or alternate DK costume, idk, I just want some form of this dope ape in this game ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQu-Lo24oU4

^ watch this video at 3:57 to 4:17 to get a good feel of how chill Funky Kong is.

Funky Kong's entry theme from DK64:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldtju8Py4iI

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Funky Kong, my favorite kong only behind that of Diddy.

I'd love to see him as an AT. One of these Smash bros. games, hopefully, we can see all of the kongs.

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
Funky is cool, but I doubt he will be in. But I think he has more chances than Cranky.

T-major

Smash Champion
I. have. been. WAITING FOR THIS!! now I can make a Funky Kong moveset! I'll have it up later.

I think Funky is possible as an AT, or as part of Rumble Falls (you can see a plane in the background, he might fly it). I'm going to make a moveset anyways, because Funky is awesome. :D

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'd rather have Chunky Kong but Funky is cool too. Good job being original.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
He'd fit best as an assist trophy I guess, being the fact he's only assisted the Kongs in all of his games. And Alt. Costume would be pretty sick for DK (ghetto DK ftw?), but it would still be pretty odd since DK is like, twice as big.

friskykillface

Smash Cadet
Yes Funky Kong for brawl, my favorite kong other than Diddy and Donkey Kong. Would be fun to play as him.

ShowMeYaMoves

Smash Rookie
If not Funky Kong, at LEAST his music.

Especially Funky's theme from Donkey Kong Country.

That was a sweet groove.

Top Bottom